PDA

View Full Version : Balancing

DW_Stephen
07-01-2010, 05:43 AM
Feel free to make any suggestions in this thread regarding balancing.

DW_Stephen
07-05-2010, 05:39 AM
and...go!

Metaljack
07-05-2010, 08:00 AM
Machine Gun

Should be left as it is as the reason to make it so low damage is to force players to get other weapons even to get the Vulcan Chaingun which is pretty awesome for gunning down planes.

Viper Railgun

Far too much damage.The straight line shot makes it simple to dominate with.

Seeker Homing Missile

I disagree with the too little damage, as u have enough to take down 1 aircraft and having the seeker lock-on better and do higher damage would make it too easy to fire in every direction and kill at least something.

Air Mines

These would be a lot handier if they didn't have the beacon rings coming from them, they are too easy to avoid unless deployed in your face of course. ^^

Apart from that everything seems grand.

mooTV
07-05-2010, 08:19 AM
LOL
thanks Metaljack.
I do think rockets (hellfires) are too high on damage though.
Expect the nerf stick to be brought down heavily there.

durtroSC
07-14-2010, 04:18 PM
Don't think that hellfire damage is that high. Maybe I miss too much. It does have a high quantity of max shots so it is probably true.

The Annihilator does too much damage (one shot one kill) but I supposed that it was due to being one single shot. You got just one try so make it work and blast the enemy away. I've no problem to making it harder to hit the target.

I do think Seekers had to low damage. I can sometimes empty the seeker round on an enemy plane and not kill it. I mostly use it in already damaged planes. It is useful there.

The Viper Railgun does to much damage indeed but it does take a long time in re-firing. Unless it is a one shot kill, or the enemy is far enough, it might require changing to another weapon which is interesting. One shot viper and another weapon to finish the job.

GrandmasterYoda
10-30-2010, 02:55 AM
A simple way to balance the Viper Railgun would be to reduce its damage but add a "push"effect to it. You get hit by it? Your craft veers off in the direction that the slugs were travelling in. Maybe make the controls act erratically too after you got hit? As with some of my suggestions, the degree of which could be based on random number generation, why? It would stop people becoming accustomed to it.

Of course then you'd have to allow the shooter to get the credit if it smashes the person into a wall. But hey, would add some extra fun.

Egg_Chen
11-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Not sure if this counts as "balancing" but did not want to start a new thread....

Health bars : Maybe make them visible only if you personally have damaged the guy, or at close range. The reason for this is simple, if your wounded in a fight everyone else targets you, even at long range, because you are an easy kill.

I'll openly admit this, I have made a few cheap kills that way!

Bromazepam
11-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Hellfire: I agree, it has to be nerfed.

Seekers: I'd leave them as they are. It already only takes 3-4 missiles to kill an enemy, and since they can be shot rapidly and seek, they pretty much guarantee a kill in a non-crowded situation.

Viper: damage is fine. It is a RAILGUN after all. To prevent domination you might want to halve the amount of shots per pickup.

Annihilator: it has one shot per pickup and is pretty rare. It doesn't need a nerf. If you desperately want to nerf it, just reduce sligthly the blast radius, so aiming is actually required for it to work.

Opinions, opinions...

DW_Stephen
11-25-2010, 01:26 AM
I updated the OP since it was old and the weapons changed quite a bit since then. Feel free to continue discussions :)

Bromazepam
11-25-2010, 05:03 AM
I updated the OP since it was old and the weapons changed quite a bit since then. Feel free to continue discussions :)

Oh, I just found this thread in the updates' list and didn't bother checking the dates. I guess most of the stuff I said is pointless then...

mooTV
11-26-2010, 06:47 AM
Just a little :p