PDA

View Full Version : How does Titan Quest compare to say,, sacred

chalkman
07-01-2010, 10:18 AM
I know its hard to compare, but is it as good? Better? Thanks.

tigmaster420
07-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Way better than Sacred 1, similar to Sacred 2, i played Titan Quest for 200 hours and enjoyed every minute.

somsjeans
07-01-2010, 10:53 AM
IMO from the 8hrs I've put into it so far, its way better than S1/2. FYI I put about 200hrs into S1/2 more so because I was bored than actually enjoying the game.

i9urd
07-01-2010, 11:11 AM
what about compared to diablo 2? :P

Raefzm
07-01-2010, 12:32 PM
what about compared to diablo 2? :P

would like to know aswell.
I'd guess its hard to compare, seing as how Diablo 2 is one of the best games ever.

Lets say compared to Torchlight? :cool:

MonthOLDpickle
07-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Let me put it this way. If you loved Diablo 2, you should own both Torchlight and Titan Quest.

wantonsoup
07-01-2010, 03:05 PM
I got this game back when it was released, put A LOT of time into it. If you are a fan of any hack n slash games this game will do you very well, and for the sale price its a steal BUY IT NOW!

chalkman
07-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Ok thanks guys, now I ill buy cause i loved sacred 1 (didn't play 2)

proto1000
07-01-2010, 08:26 PM
1. Diablo II - the best
2. Sacred 2
3. Torchlight
4. Titan Quest - the worst

Those would be my ratings. I definitely liked Sacred and Sacred 2, they were awesome. The best behind Diablo.

Torchlight was okay.

To be fair I've only played 6 hours worth of Titan Quest, but so far it hasn't done anything for me. I bought it awhile ago for 5 bucks, so I'm not really complaining, I'll get that much fun out of it.

I think you should've asked this in the Sacred forum as well, or a nuetral forum or even a Diablo forum. Seeing as there will be bias, as you would expect.

Bitaku
07-02-2010, 04:27 AM
Sacred 2 had really off putting corny humor, and the ways you could build your character were very limited. Torchlight is better, but I think that TQ definitely takes the cake.

Philx2000
07-02-2010, 05:52 AM
In my opinion, Titan quest is better than both Diablo II and Torchlight.

Diablo II just seems a bit boring and dull to me, Looks a bit outdated.

As for torchlight, there are some interesting new ideas (such as fishing) but it doesn't add much. And also Torchlight lacks continuity, I got to the final boss in 10 hours, Then it just goes on forever pointlessly.

Titan quest has alot more longevity, and is all round more interesting and exciting to play.

SuperJc84
07-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Sacred 2 sucked I played for about 12 hours and got soooo borrreedd. I loved D2 though. Havent played TL and TQ wont even execute for me

neccarus
09-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Ya, Titan Quest is way better than any of the above in my opinion. Although the story is a bit lax, the character development, is by far way superior. And there is nothing as exciting as seeing a Majestic chest, opening it and seeing to purple items fly out.

ejony10
09-30-2010, 01:48 PM
In my opinion...

1) Diablo
2) TQ
3) D2 w/Exp
4) Dungeon Siege
5) Divine Divinity
6) Dungeon Siege 2

I enjoyed Sacred but the graphics were just so... not there. Not even the story or skills, battles or otherwise made me overlook everything. :(

RavN
10-23-2010, 08:33 PM
I would say TQ/IT, diablo 2 and torchlight are the top three action rpgs.

They all have positive and negative attributes but TQ has the best graphics by far. TQ also has the most build and class variations with the 9 classes that can dual spec into each other. After playing TQ/IT and a heavily modded torchlight, its hard to go back to diablo 2 to be honest. However, its amazing that after all these years diablo 2 is still at the top of its genre.

I am looking forward to seeing what torchlight 2 brings to the table. I have high hopes that it will be the top action rpg at least untill diablo 3 is released.

mobyslick
10-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Titan Quest is on par with Diablo 2 IMO. In fact some of the designers of D2 went on to contribute to TQ. Both TQ and D2 are much better than Sacred 1/2 or Torchlight. TQ has a massive campaign, graphics that are still beautiful today, very flexible and cool character class / skill system, and a huge variety of loot. The mechanics are such that you can design many effective characters that play differently. And when you win, go on to the next difficulty level (Normal - Epic - Legendary) where you can continue leveling up and get mega-powerful items you can't even see in previous difficulty levels. IMO D2 and TQ are top rank, Sacred 2 is middle rank and Sacred 1 and Torchlight are bottom rank.

A little sidebar about Torchlight. I rank it low because they say there are 3 classes yet all their skill trees share at least half the skills. I believe only the middle skill track on each page is unique per class. Also the game is short, and is not well balanced. It's a cakewalk "click to win" until you hit the Black Palace, then you constantly get killed in 1 hit. Unless of course you grind through mind-numbingly boring random side dungeons. And the boss fight? Please, what's the point of making someone repeat the same tactic for 30 minutes just to kill him? Search the web if you don't believe me, winning it depends on your fingers not getting tired for about half an hour. In contrast, the boss fights in Diablo 2 and in Titan Quest are winnable within a few minutes, and you can come up with different winning strategies, yet you can still be killed quickly if you are underpowered or don't know what you're doing. It seems to me that the Torchlight designers just said "You know what, we can't figure out how to make this boss dangerous or difficult - just give him a million hitpoints, self-healing, and throw in a few dozen normal mobs to distract the player. Well how mediocre!

Anyway. Buy TQ + TQIT you won't regret it.

HAO
10-26-2010, 02:40 PM
It's better than D2, nufff said:)

geronimo789
10-26-2010, 02:53 PM
You can also kite nearly every monster in TQ :) But if you know what you're doing you will breeze through most. Don't underestimate the difficulty though, it ramps up quite a lot in each act. And if you are feeling brave, you can play through epic and legendary difficulty with the same char. Epic lulz are to be had when everything around you drops dead :D

But it's a lot better then torchlight IMO, more varied environments, more skills/classes, more different equipment, no d*mn identify/town scrolls, ...
Also, if you rush through even once, you'll get some 20-30 hours out of it for sure, so it's definately not a bad deal.

zippythezip
10-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Diablo 2 very good in its day but really graphic dated now.
Titan quest still looks good and plays every bit as good.
Torchlight is fun to play for a bit now and then and thats it.
Sacred games are good and can be also bought for a song.
Add the un official patch,
http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/patches/titanquestimmortalthrone/patch.html

compatible with steam version..

Joreel
10-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Diablo will always be the game that developers aspire to recreate. Torchlight is a fun game that some of the original designers of Diablo/Diablo 2 helped create. And lastly, TQ blows Sacred out of the water... the two don't even compare IMHO.