PDA

View Full Version : Online troubles

Lionel99
07-01-2010, 04:14 PM
OK so I'm one of the people to buy it when it was on sale for very cheap and I'm having trouble with online play.

I host a game, make it private so I can play with my friends, yet when I invite them they say they can't join. I see if I can get the same problem by joining public games people made and I get an error message "game no longer available" or something.

How do I fix this and do you need to open any ports to be able to host? This is kinda annoying me :/.

NotYourHero
07-01-2010, 04:22 PM
The only thing I can think of is ports. POssibly a firewall issue was well. When I play other GFWL games the unable to play is normally some kind of connection error or unstable connection. Besides that, if you have the GFWL opened (press the xbox button or home button on the keyboard) it will also tell them that.

Lionel99
07-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Yeah but I have GTA IV which is another GFWL and me and my m8s can host easily. That's why I'm thinking it's ports related but I don't know which ports to open. Hoping a friendly Steam user could help me out on this matter :P.

edit: Whenever I try to google flatout host related stuff I get links to how to earn an achievement. That's why I'm asking here

NotYourHero
07-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Yeah but I have GTA IV which is another GFWL and me and my m8s can host easily. That's why I'm thinking it's ports related but I don't know which ports to open. Hoping a friendly Steam user could help me out on this matter :P.

edit: Whenever I try to google flatout host related stuff I get links to how to earn an achievement. That's why I'm asking hereHonestly I have no idea. I have no problems with any GFWL game. It has to be some kind of firewall thing, router or windows. Just because the game uses GFWL does not mean the server goes to the same place. Pretty sure each game has their own servers by their company.

ErikMTL
07-01-2010, 05:10 PM
I had to delete my profile (just locally, not my entire account or anything) then re-add it to get GFWL to log on from inside FOUC. Works fine now.

I just have to check GTA4 to see if doing that affected that save. Heh.