PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer - Saving Question

Myren
07-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Hi, my wife and I decided to give Greed a try, after reading good reviews on it on a local TV show. We were pleasantly surprised! It brought us good memories of D1, when she kept sniping me out in front, when I was trying to tank the mobs. :)

I had one quick question ... is there any way to save the game midway through a level? We used the checkpoints, but if we quit and come back, we're stuck starting all over again. - We're casual gamers, so ~3 hours to complete a level is a bit too much for us.

Thanks in advance.

Headup Games
07-02-2010, 01:26 AM
Hi Myren,

sadly not. We tried to put this into the game, but it was not doable due to the scripting nature ClockStone is using in GREED. However, an average level should not really take any longer than an hour, more likely 45 minutes, so we thought it would be acceptable in our solution. I am surprised it takes you three hours for one level, you must be enjoying each single polygon of the game ;-)

Kind regards,
Dieter

Headup Games
07-02-2010, 07:51 AM
PS: Is the TV outtake online somewhere? It would be great if there would be an opportunity to get our hands on it, as it would bring joy to us and the developers :-)

Atech66
11-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Thats just stupid.
How hard could it possibly be to make the game save multiplayer progress from the host game. tons of other games do it.

Headup Games
12-02-2011, 02:09 AM
Well the game does save the MP progress in terms of character progression and level completion. But it does not save the gamestate at the in-level checkpoints.

Atech66
12-04-2011, 01:09 PM
The first lvl i have now run with all 3 characters and its been around 2 hours or better with each one.
this is an rpg you look in lockers you check every room you kill everything on every level (completionist) it takes awhile.
After all its about the loot be it rare and duplicating its still loot.
the only build i could take the 1st lvl boss out with with any sense of ease was a soldier with ranged dmg reduction and all points in armor. buff'd life with upgrades. it seems that these are multiplayer bosses left unchanged for single player.
not a bad game dont get me wrong.. but you could have really built some solid rep if it has been alittle more "complete" with basic abilities ie: multi save,difficulty scaling for multi/single, or the ability to use the same char and take it back and forth between the 2 not just convert a single to multi because then your save game screwed again.
6.5 / 10 worth the discount price. if you make a futuristic sci fi game that resembled FATE with multi you would OWN.