PDA

View Full Version : CS for mac spray help

xthekillswitchx
07-02-2010, 10:59 AM
First of all I run CS on an iMac I'm not sure if theres any difference in importing sprays on either mac or windows but anyway I try to import my custom spray into CS I go into the file called cstrike (thats where I have my sprays) and I double click the spray I want. I then receive a message that says FILE CORRUPT. I don't know why this happens because the file is the correct format for CS (JPG BMP etc.) I have tried multiple formats with no luck, the most promising one I've gotten was the TGA format however when I select my spray I get a message that says something along the lines of having the spray in the correct format but it can't be read because it needs to be either a TGA 24 bit RGB or 32 bit RGBA no idea what that means I'm guessing something with color but bottom line is I can't import sprays into CS running on my mac any help?

M8Military
07-02-2010, 11:01 AM
try re-install , defrag, and verify game cache

xthekillswitchx
07-02-2010, 11:02 AM
try re-install , defrag, and verify game cacheOk I'll give it a shot

d10sfan
07-02-2010, 11:03 AM
try re-install , defrag, and verify game cache

Uh what?

Counter Strike Source is out for mac. Its been out for quite a while now.

xthekillswitchx
07-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Uh what?

Counter Strike Source is out for mac. Its been out for quite a while now.

I know it's out I had it on windows a very long time ago I just bought it for mac and im having issues with sprays

d10sfan
07-02-2010, 11:08 AM
I know it's out I had it on windows a very long time ago I just bought it for mac and im having issues with sprays

Yea, M8Military's post was asking you if you pirated the game before he changed it.

I havent had much success with sprays on my mac either. Sorry I cant help.

xthekillswitchx
07-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Yea, M8Military's post was asking you if you pirated the game before he changed it.

I havent had much success with sprays on my mac either. Sorry I cant help.No problem I don't pirate anything I don't trust that stuff on my computer

d10sfan
07-02-2010, 11:13 AM
No problem I don't pirate anything I don't trust that stuff on my computer

Yea, I was just responding to that post. Didnt think you pirated it.

Theres a thread about it here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1322376&highlight=spray

May be able to help you a bit.

xthekillswitchx
07-02-2010, 11:18 AM
thanks I've been messing with all my files for hours trying to fix it lol

NotSoCoolJ
07-02-2010, 11:24 AM
It seams the old ones that I made manually still work but the in-game conversion is broken. You'll have to save it as a .vtf for now until they patch the converter.