PDA

View Full Version : What the hell?!

Nifroon
07-04-2010, 02:42 PM
I love how when you're trying to take down a building and you're suddenly swarmed with enemies. Now, this wouldn't be so bad if they actually appeared outside and entered the area your are in, instead of ♥♥♥♥ing spawning in front of you! But I guess that would make too much sense.

I'm just about to take down a very large structure, when suddenly fifteen raiders SPAWNED right behind me, most of them with shotguns. How the ♥♥♥♥ are you supposed to survive that?!

pancakeface
07-05-2010, 06:09 AM
never happened to me.

Omphofo-Bravo
07-05-2010, 05:06 PM
The AI is pretty unforgiving and friendly AI is downright stupid.

There's no point in trying to be stealthy in this game. You're better off placing a bunch of charges on a big truck or a similar vehicle and ramming it into a building, run away and flip the switch.

eetcheez
07-05-2010, 06:48 PM
That has never happened to me in close to 10 hours of playtime.

I have to admit, though, I'm playing this on easy. I find it a lot more fun not having to worry about cover and just running around beating the heck out of those soldiers with the sledgehammer and the electricity thing (forgot what it's called).
Though I do still get swarmed enough that I need to hide to recover some health even on easy, so I can imagine these kinds of stunts would be impossible to pull off on anything above that in difficulty.

The good thing, though, is that it seems I can change the difficulty on the fly, so I'm planning to play a bit on normal and hard and see how I feel about it. If it's frustratingly challenging, and requires me to play slower than I like in this game, I'll probably just revert back to easy.

I'm going to stop babbling now.