PDA

View Full Version : Question on coop

lar_di_dar
07-04-2010, 03:16 PM
I have a quick question if anyone can help, me and my girlfriend are thinking of buying this while it is 33% off but before we waste $60 i need to know if we will even be able to play the coop together because she is in the US and at the moment i am living in the UK... or the quick version, is cross region coop a-gogo?

I can not seem to find anything about this anywhere.

CLIFFISFTW
07-04-2010, 03:51 PM
It runs through GFWL so it should be fine, You'll just be lagging a lot though.

Lord Mordeth
07-04-2010, 08:33 PM
As Cliff said, the game uses GfWL but that doesn't mean your games will be laggy.

Hell, i get perfectly playable, non-laggy games when connecting to people living in US (and beyond) from Europe.

Austin007
07-12-2010, 08:11 PM
I played with a nice chap from Japan (according to gfwl) and had no lag. Too bad you cant get it on sale anymore like a week ago, I'm lovin the game so far once you get past the wonky controls. If it had true fps capability this would be a kickass game.

izihbo
07-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Explain the "wonky controls" for me. Me and a friend of mine are considering getting it for the coop part. How far away from regular "3rd person fps" controls is it?

k37chup
07-22-2010, 11:28 PM
Controls are fine

izihbo
07-25-2010, 03:21 PM
So... Can anyone tell me how well the coop works? I mean like Splinter Cell Conviction where the "Friends network" never fükkďng works and same goes for the matchmaking thing... But when it DOES work, it's pretty sweet.

I'm hoping RE5 is better on that department?

Austin007
07-25-2010, 11:55 PM
By wonky controls I mean not being able to move and shoot/reload (I'm not a big RE fan until 5), and the weapon switching method is too slow for my liking, thank god the zombies are slow.

And the matchmaking works great for me, people can join my games or I can invite friends thru GFWL, it's actually pretty good, and yes ALOT better than Conviction.

RE5 is a great game, but loooong overdue for a price drop.