PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

Inpute
07-05-2010, 07:16 AM
Hello everyone, im new Steam so allow me to introduce myself. I am Inpute. Well, now that that's out of the way, on to my question.

Im planning on purchasing a copy of Empire: Total War, however im facing an issue. Im curious to see if my PC could actually run it with all the things ive been hearing about the game and its graphic requirements.

http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668638.php

^ Thats my PC (Specs included), if its not too much of a hassle, tell me if I could run Empire: Total War and too what degree. Much appreciated.

- Inpute :cool:

daniu
07-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Yes, that thing should easily be able to run Empire, I would guess at highest settings too.
I would consider getting Napoleon though, it's much more polished in many ways, both graphically and gameplay-wise.

Its only drawback compared to Empire is its smaller scope (European map only, Empire has North America and India in addition; also more factions to play).

Inpute
07-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Yes, that thing should easily be able to run Empire, I would guess at highest settings too.
I would consider getting Napoleon though, it's much more polished in many ways, both graphically and gameplay-wise.

Its only drawback compared to Empire is its smaller scope (European map only, Empire has North America and India in addition; also more factions to play).

Not sure if I would consider that a drawback. Im much more suited playing one big map and having my empire within my view instead of having too manage 3 huge maps and deal with the extra things that come with it. By the way, is NTW a stand alone?

Niscimble
07-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Yes, NTW is a standalone game. I would still suggest getting Empire though. I had much more fun conquering America and India than Europe, since I have literally done that in every other TW game to date.

0saladin0
07-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Get Empire if you want a lot of factions and being able to conquer the Americas, Europe, and India.

Get Napoleon for much better battles, Multi-player, improved diplomacy, and polished gameplay and graphics.

daniu
07-06-2010, 01:31 AM
Not sure if I would consider that a drawback. Im much more suited playing one big map and having my empire within my view instead of having too manage 3 huge maps and deal with the extra things that come with it.
I agree.
Last time I played ETW campaign to show it to a friend, he also said it was just getting confusing. The three theatres as such are great, but the way you switch between them isn't IMHO... it would be nice if one could concentrate on one and leave out the others within a single campaign.

The few factions definitely are a drawback though, you only get France, GB, Prussia and Russia in NTW. The Marathas and Ottomans in ETW really play different.