PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Dr Entertainment!

darkgriffin1986
07-05-2010, 07:19 PM
I just wanted to say a big thank you for making a puzzle game that is strictly about puzzles, without all this timer nonsense everyone seems to insist on putting in their "puzzle" games. I've played through about halfway, and have never had to deal with a single timer.

Thank you! It's been way too long since I played a puzzle game that let me sit there and take it slowly, as long as I needed to think, before moving.:cool:

My only suggestion would be to allow an option where holding down spacebar would jump when a movement key is pressed(and normal roll if space isn't pressed, obveously). Many of my first deaths were because I couldn't time the jumping, and it was needlessly frustrating and nerve racking to jump until several hours into the game when I had it down as second nature.

The main reason the jump timing stands out to me is that it's the only thing in the game that requires "instinct" or "quick wits". If the controls would always jump if space was held down(and maybe if the timing window for jumping instead of rolling were bigger), it would eliminate this odd test of skill in an otherwise untimed mind game.

Other then that little issue, the game is fantastic! I love how every level set has a "theme" to it, keeping my brain busy adapting to the new elements as you introduce them. Every level I have tried so far has had something new to offer, be it a new element, or simply a twist on an old puzzle where I need to find a second way to solve the problem, and it's been lots of fun playing!:D

jesperrudberg
08-25-2010, 03:09 PM
Thanks for your kind words and your suggestion.
We have added a easy jump option. It works as follows:
Jump up - release the jump button.
Jump in a direction - hold down jump button and press a directional button.

You can turn the easy jump option on/off from the settings menu.

Best Regards,
Jesper Rudberg
Doctor Entertainment

compositeredfox
08-28-2010, 08:38 PM
I agree, this game is fantastic and in a couple of hours has ascended to my top 10 of best games ever. For me, that's A LOT. Congratulations.