PDA

View Full Version : Bugs and Glitches Thread

Hunterzyph
07-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Since there isn't an appropriate sub-forum that I'm aware of.

* The buggy can easily get stuck, especially over by the life support filter tubes.
* Power relays - If you place them next to certain tubes they can get 'stuck' off center and you can't connect tubes to them.

Add your own if you want to see fixes!

cheeselord7
07-06-2010, 04:12 PM
the robots turning gets screwed up and will scoot right or left when it moves forward and back.

im not sure if its just me but i crash when someone uses a mic.

Predator02
07-06-2010, 04:15 PM
The welding minigame will sometimes let you go outside of the lines, sometimes it will fail if you even get near them.

weedblaze
07-06-2010, 04:34 PM
game is crashing randomly. At times ill get to play a whole mission and others it will crash half way through. Not sure if there are any log files you can use I tried looking but found nothing. Not much else I can say.

ModemMayhem
07-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Apparently I don't have permission to view the manual using the link on the store page.

KaBooS.Max
07-06-2010, 08:05 PM
When in a server, when you get closer to the main support unit, where you need to enter with the little robots, it tends to get laggy. They need to redesign the textures for the foil material because I think thats whats killing in in terms of framerate dropping.

jonfitt
07-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Picked up a hose and could not put it down. Could pick up other objects and use rover but hose was still in hand.

Unable to use hose on any coupler. Game breaking bug.

321wasa
07-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Game crashes when getting to main menu and Windows boots-up an error message that <game>.exe stopped working.

System:
Win7 64bit

Processor:
4 cores

Anyone else same problem?

treytakahashi
07-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Game crashes when getting to main menu and Windows boots-up an error message that <game>.exe stopped working.

System:
Win7 64bit

Processor:
4 cores

Same problem here.
Win 7 64bit
2 core

I seemed to work the first time (playing menu clip), until a notification minimized it causing the game to crash. Since then, every time it launches it promps a Direct X install as part of the "first time launch," and the game crashes once it reaches in in-game menu.

Any solutions? I've tried removing content, and reinstalling with restart to no avail.

forsaken1111
07-07-2010, 01:14 AM
Twice now after using a wrench to secure the 2nd power cable to a coupler I have been unable to move away from it afterward. Astronaut simply stands there, sort of 'vibrating' as though there were some collision detection issue.

n15m07
07-07-2010, 03:50 AM
my mouse is still going right. I tried to restart PC, game and it is still doing that :/ it is pretty annoying when you try to fix something with robot :/
Mouse is Razer Lachesis ant it is doing even if I turn mouse upside down so sensor is not activated..

Amblin
07-07-2010, 04:22 AM
game is locking up after 15-30 seconds for me. Probably a port issue but no idea as other games working fine.

looks like i'll asphyxiate in this bloody suit. =p

Fabryz
07-07-2010, 04:36 AM
There were suggestion and bugs subforums, for some reasons they removed them before the release

R~S
07-07-2010, 04:50 AM
I tried to change the key bindings via the ini files with no success... any suggestions for my poor azerty-using self?

InTouch
07-07-2010, 05:22 AM
Apparently I don't have permission to view the manual using the link on the store page.

this.

VirtualHeroes
07-07-2010, 08:02 AM
There were suggestion and bugs subforums, for some reasons they removed them before the release

I was cleaning out the pinned forum to get the major info there for release, will be resurrecting those threads (or starting similar ones) shortly.

aggrav8d
07-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Picked up a hose and could not put it down. Could pick up other objects and use rover but hose was still in hand.

Unable to use hose on any coupler. Game breaking bug.

I had this because I picked up one end of a hose while someone was already carrying the other end. The tube physics went nuts. I had to pick the hose up a second time to get rid of it. Oh, and when I told it to pick it up again my astronaut walked back to the spot where I originally picked it up.

aggrav8d
07-07-2010, 08:21 AM
Astronaut gets into the buggy. Buggy starts to move and astronaut magically slides 4 ft to one side so that he's hanging in space, just off the edge of the buggy, as it rolls across the moon.

Please put in a more accurate sky. If I'm standing fully inside the shadow of the habitat module, I shouldn't be blinded by the sun when I look towards it.

Put my wrench on the buggy before i get in to drive? Hasn't anyone ever heard of a tool belt?

When in the command center I can't control rover 1, only rover 2.
Seriously, you're telling me the command center has the broadcast power to drive a rover but not a robot? :P

I really hope they come out with an update that adds some depth to this game. Nice idea, please expand on it.

Ethenyl
07-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Sometimes, when you join a game, most of the objects are gone. You can only see the station, the static objects, no cables, no characters... impossible to use the ESC key.

Padlinozerca
07-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Horrible FPS drop after ~10-15 minutes of gameplay, overheating isn't an issue, the game just gets choppier and choppier with every minute till it's practically unplayable. Hasn't experienced this yet with other U3 games, such as UT3 or ME.

I know this thread is for bugs only, and it's not a bug, but aiming at objects at player's feet is suprisingly hard. Every time I want to pick up something I dropped, I need to back up to look at it.

Sometimes, when you join a game, most of the objects are gone. You can only see the station, the static objects, no cables, no characters... impossible to use the ESC key.

AND THIS
THIIS

THIIIIISSSSSS

I was cleaning out the pinned forum to get the major info there for release, will be resurrecting those threads (or starting similar ones) shortly.

That'll be nice, since I'd love to see some different/custom/bigger maps, and maybe people would have some suggestions.

SgtHydra
07-07-2010, 05:46 PM
I boot up the game, look at the main menu for two seconds, then it crashes.

What you pay for is what you get.

Rexter
07-07-2010, 06:08 PM
I got an error:

None of the graphical effects or shaders work. Nothing, even modifying the ini files doesnt work.
Quite a vague description i know, but boot up the game, turn on bloom and start. Does bloom work? Nope. There you have it.

{IC}prime
07-07-2010, 10:21 PM
my mouse is still going right. I tried to restart PC, game and it is still doing that :/ it is pretty annoying when you try to fix something with robot :/
Mouse is Razer Lachesis ant it is doing even if I turn mouse upside down so sensor is not activated..

I'm having the exact same problem, except mine is constantly rotating left. I have a Razer DeathAdder.

I'm assuming there's a bug in relation to Razer software.

The game is unplayable like this; the camera is on a constant counter-clockwise rotation and there's nothing I can do about it.

zer0kewl
07-08-2010, 01:16 AM
why's this game installing amd dual core optimiser on windows 7 or vista based machine that software is only needed on xp even so is't required anymore these day's even on xp.

let alone that i'm not running a amd cpu but i7 920 @ 3.8 ghz.

also game crashes at menu ah well....... alpha anyway.

DogGhost
07-08-2010, 01:47 AM
I was trying to play this game twice and every time after 2-3 minutes it freezes and I have to reboot PC.
I have: XP 32bit, 2GB, GF 7900 GS, Pentium D 3GHz. Before crash game works fine. Anyone have an idea what might be a reason of that bug?

KaBooS.Max
07-08-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm having the exact same problem, except mine is constantly rotating left. I have a Razer DeathAdder.

I'm assuming there's a bug in relation to Razer software.

The game is unplayable like this; the camera is on a constant counter-clockwise rotation and there's nothing I can do about it.

Do you have a joystick or any other device connected to your computer? I had the same problem and once I disconnected my joystick the spinning stopped. Hope that helps.

gmt2001
07-08-2010, 10:33 AM

http://www.moonbasealphagame.com/Manual/Moonbase_Alpha_Manual_070610.pdf

tb87670
07-08-2010, 12:47 PM

System:
Win7 64bit

Processor:
4 cores

I have exact same issue, AMD PhenomII quad core running in Win7 64-bit.

pelrun
07-09-2010, 12:24 AM
Minor glitch I just encountered:

Finished a round while in a robot that was nearly out of range (with the static effect on screen) and then started a new round. The static effect stays on.

Cross0210
07-09-2010, 03:57 AM
LOW FPS when you going to the for robots only place in one-core computer P4 660 3.6 ghz with 2gb ram, ati radeon 4350 512mb
(only multi-player) with players

and low fps with players more 2

qubolo
07-11-2010, 03:59 AM
I had an electricity flowing through the damaged cable!!!!

Wishbone1977
07-11-2010, 06:16 AM
Do you have a joystick or any other device connected to your computer? I had the same problem and once I disconnected my joystick the spinning stopped. Hope that helps.
This. It sounds like a classic case of joystick or gamepad interference. I'm guessing even a wireless controller could produce this error.

butter
07-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Sometimes repairing a part will make the displayed O2 rate decrease. It seems to alternate after that: fixing another part will increase the (displayed) rate properly, but the next decreases it again, and so on. For example, repairing two bridge circuits in the 2-player scenario resulted in O2 rates of 0.5 (initial), then 1.9, then 1.4. Not sure if this affects the actual rate at which O2 accumulates.

rctfan8
07-14-2010, 04:40 PM
the robots turning gets screwed up and will scoot right or left when it moves forward and back.

im not sure if its just me but i crash when someone uses a mic.

Yup-maybe it's lag or my pc, but robot's motion is either jerky or only goes forward and back (no left or right). And does turning your mouse make it turn as well?

MrSnow
07-16-2010, 02:12 PM
Been testing on US servers (not many in uk)
69.12.98.70 - MYINTERNET???? NY

When close to an object, you can sometimes just float upwards, It is only seen client end.

I jumped into a rover and it just started going backwards. Could not exit it as I was moving.
No one was in the command module.

Logged on a server running MBA_5_6 and found this.
(Cant remember which server)
At the restart of a new game.
All the modules (co2 filter, o2/n2 controller, oxygen generator and bridge circuts) that were installed were 100% repaired (including the ones on the floor as they poped out, and all solar panels were also repaired, but non-functional.
They had to be removed and then installed again for them to be active.
All the pipes were also fitted and flowing
But the couplers were the only thing needing repair.
We thought we were going to break my 9.5 minute record :) . we were at 90 seconds to finish (Only playing for 4 minutes) then noticed a greifer undoing the pipe from couplers.
And the person running as host did not know how to kick till it was too late. :mad:
The he kept comming back, kick, back,kick..
You get the idea... Sad that people do this

Also have a VMWare server at a data center running a Virtual XP session.
I was able to run Ver 1.0.0.0 but Ver 1.0.1.0 does not even start.

Miidgi
10-06-2010, 02:32 PM
This. It sounds like a classic case of joystick or gamepad interference. I'm guessing even a wireless controller could produce this error.

I had the same issue as mentioned before, and unplugging the joystick worked. thanks!

dacker503
10-16-2010, 04:14 PM
I had an instance where I was unable to walk or jump away from the welder robot control unit. I was able to spin around, but forward, back, and jump failed. :confused:

I was able to recover only because I had the arm robot's control unit a few feet away and was able to "use" that control unit, freeing me from the welder robot control unit.

Darkunov
10-23-2010, 08:50 PM
1. I don't remember a lot, but i'm pretty sure the bug was like this: there was a red coupler JUST outside the area where astronauts can't go at life support, and we wanted to replace it with a brand new one. Problem is, when someone tried to detach it, the astronaut would move over to the coupler and...do absolutely nothing. And since the other cable was even closer to LS and that you need 2 detached cables to move a coupler anyway, we weren't able to do anything about it.

2. I didn't experience it myself, but I saw it on youtube. It wasn't very clear since the bug was happening far from the screen, but there was a cable following a moving rover (that had people inside it), so I'm assuming the bug is simply that people can bring cables on board of a rover.