SmellyLethality
09-15-2010, 09:06 AM
Co-Op (CO)/Survival (S)/VS (VS)
-Death Toll-
DT1:
None that I can think of.

DT2:
(CO/VS)Trapping tank on the ladder.
(S)Using the crate on lower level to create a platform that leads to the safe room. Remove crate, and it's fixed.

DT3:
(CO/VS) Shiva stacking in the ammo room during crescendo.

DT4:

DT5:
(CO/Possibly VS)Sitting on the rock next to the dock, auto killing tanks after they spawn, and freezing hordes.
(VS)Broken Spawn after finale. If survivors run back the way they came, and pass the flaming trash barrel, SI will auto-spawn in front of the gun barrel of the survivor closest to end of level.
(S)Using the picnic tables to get on the roof building, staying pretty safe from most attacks.

-Dead Air-
DA1:
(VS)Death Pull in the area where you climb the ladder. Sometimes a hunter is needed to pounce the survivor after they dangle over the gap, sometimes just breaking the tongue causes instant death.

DA2:
(VS)Death Pull on the right side of the window leading to the crescendo. Smoker can stand on a couple of the window sills, and drag a survivor off the edge. Sometimes they hang, but other times, the survivor will eithe land on the window sill, or fall to their death.
(VS)Death Pull on dumpster.
(S)Jump-walking off edge of roof onto semi-truck in road.

DA3:
(CO/VS)Using a molotov to start the crescendo event, or starting the event and dropping back into the alley to hide in the safe room.

DA4:

DA5:
(CO/S/Possible VS) Use gas cans to push baggage cart beneath right wing of plane. Use cart to get on top of plane which kills tanks instantly, and causes horde to freeze.

SmellyLethality
09-15-2010, 09:43 AM
-Blood Harvest-
BH1:

BH2:
(CO/VS) Bypass the crescendo event by pushing the crates beneath the vent and going through the ceiling.

BH3:

BH4:

BH5:
(VS)Death Pull immediately outside of the safe room, to the left, next to the rocks.

I think I realized why I like Blood Harvest so much now. Fewer exploits.

-Crash Course-
CC1: (CO/VS) Running through the crescendo's fire wall if you have high health. Popping pills while in the fire will keep you from being incapped there.

CC2: (S) Use the propane tanks to blow car towards gate. Start generator, and use car to jump gate.

Like my first post, if you can think of any I've missed, feel free to add them to see if Luke can remove these from his server. Also, some of the things I've listed may or may not be considered exploits/glitches, but I consider them cheap, so I listed them anyways.

Luke P
09-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Well today I decided to play the role of Valve and blatantly ignore all the bugs and problems, had a busy day.

However tomorrow I'll get started on that stuff, thanks for the list Lethality! If anyone has anything else to add please do feel free to post. Other than that, still working on the dynamic director and survival, pretty boring stuff but it should be worth it in the end.

jesse_lee
09-15-2010, 11:08 PM
-No Mercy-
NM1:
(CO)Jump-walking off the rooftop onto the AC unit on wall across the alley.
(CO/VS)Jump walking off the rooftop onto the power box above the car in the alley.

Really I don't think things like that should be a concern in coop because it's not really cheating anyone, and any decent team in versus will take advantage of people who jump walk on to the power box.

NM2:
(CO/VS)Shiva Stack corner beneath pipes in generator room.

Again another beginner mistake in versus that decent players cause damage to and in coop things like this aren't a big issue.

NM3:
(VS)Prop-Block small passage between ammo room and ladder in sewer with light near door.

Finally a real issue, prop blocking is annoying.

NM4:
(CO/VS)Shiva stacking at elevator.
(VS)Prop-Blocking elevator exit with generator right outside the doors.

more of the same

NM5:
(VS)Death Pull from the left after climbing ladder. Block the AC unit (or remove it) and that's fixed.

You're kidding right? That's a totally legit tactic and requires teamwork to pull off.
DT2:
(CO/VS)Trapping tank on the ladder.

These are not "problems" in campaign just tactics, and in versus a rock throw knocks the person blocking the ladder off it and down, leaving them helpless.

DT3:
(CO/VS) Shiva stacking in the ammo room during crescendo.

Don't know why they fixed it in survival and not versus, again, not an issue in coop.
-Dead Air-
DA1:
(VS)Death Pull in the area where you climb the ladder. Sometimes a hunter is needed to pounce the survivor after they dangle over the gap, sometimes just breaking the tongue causes instant death.

You have a real misconception of what a glitch is in versus, death pulls generally aren't.
DA2:
(VS)Death Pull on the right side of the window leading to the crescendo. Smoker can stand on a couple of the window sills, and drag a survivor off the edge. Sometimes they hang, but other times, the survivor will eithe land on the window sill, or fall to their death.

I don't know how he could fix that without ruining the pull itself, so I'd say leave it alone.

(VS)Death Pull on dumpster.

Again, death pulls are not glitches, they're one of the things that actually keeps it interesting. You're seriously making all these proposals to make it easier for survivors?

DA3:
(CO/VS)Using a molotov to start the crescendo event, or starting the event and dropping back into the alley to hide in the safe room.

It's a lame tactic, but I'd only say block the molotov throw, if anything, not people dropping back down into the alley as that should be an area the smoker can screw them over, maybe some type of explosion that happens after they go through the broken fence that prevents them from re-entering the safe room.

BH5:
(VS)Death Pull immediately outside of the safe room, to the left, next to the rocks.

Again, death pulls should not be removed, you can also pull from the other side and it requires a hunter again. Also, there is a death pull at the very beginning of the first map and there's a pile driver at the rock just before the bridge. Pile drivers also in CC1 and DT1, but those and death pulls are not a VS issue.

-Crash Course-
CC1: (CO/VS) Running through the crescendo's fire wall if you have high health. Popping pills while in the fire will keep you from being incapped there.

So much health for so little reward? Let the dumb ones do it.

SmellyLethality
09-16-2010, 07:10 AM
If you botherered to read the entire post, I specifically said that I also listed things which are cheap, not just glitches or <gasps> exploits. I also chose to list what versions each are possible in, since not all gameplay modes are designed the same.

So, if you're gonna jump down my throat for being thorough, then so be it, but I'd rather give him as much info as possible, and let him make the decision on what's removed/tweaked..

jesse_lee
09-16-2010, 01:44 PM
If you botherered to read the entire post, I specifically said that I also listed things which are cheap, not just glitches or <gasps> exploits. I also chose to list what versions each are possible in, since not all gameplay modes are designed the same.

So, if you're gonna jump down my throat for being thorough, then so be it, but I'd rather give him as much info as possible, and let him make the decision on what's removed/tweaked..

That fine to give info, but death pulls are not "cheap" or glitches or exploits, they're smart use of game mechanics. Also, if you read mine you'd see at the very beginning that I stated why it's not "cheap" in coop; you're not playing against anyone, the team is doing what they can to survive.

SmellyLethality
09-16-2010, 01:58 PM
That fine to give info, but death pulls are not "cheap" or glitches or exploits, they're smart use of game mechanics. Also, if you read mine you'd see at the very beginning that I stated why it's not "cheap" in coop; you're not playing against anyone, the team is doing what they can to survive.

I also stated that I decided to list all glitches/exploits/cheapness that I could think of, just to be thorough. Thorough, to me, means listing all possible places they can be done. There is no harm in me listing things for each game style, be it single player, co-op, vs, or survival.

Death pulls are cheap to me, because it bypasses the safety measures that are supposed to prevent it from happening. If it were a valid tactic, all pulls would be death pulls if you dragged them over an edge. 95% of all ledge pulls lead to a hanging survivor. The other 5% are design flaws that enable you to bypass it.

Luke's the one fixing things, and since it's his mod, if he feels it should be changed, then so be it. If he does change things, perhaps he also feels the same way. If he doesn't, that's fine.

Luke P
09-16-2010, 03:56 PM
I'll be brief as I'm typing on my phone...

All of the "real" cheats, exploits, etc will be blocked across the board in all game modes. Things like the NM1 shortcuts. Things like extremely overpowered corner camp spots will be blocked in versus, and 'possibly' blocked in coop (the DD decides). For the rest, the goal is to make using such legit tactics a possible strategy, but not an overpowered one.

And of course, everything is subject to change based on feedback and the results of playthroughs. It's all about what plays well, what's fair, and what the majority of players think is best.

El_Vaquero_SWC
09-17-2010, 02:20 PM
Gah! Second page bump revival!

*zzt zzzzt zzZzZZzZT* CLEAR! *Boom*

/back to page 1

Oh jeez, that was a defib... '-.-

Anyways, *bump* :P

Luke P
09-17-2010, 04:07 PM
Gah! Second page bump revival!

*zzt zzzzt zzZzZZzZT* CLEAR! *Boom*

/back to page 1

Oh jeez, that was a defib... '-.-

Anyways, *bump* :P
Defibs? In the L4D1 forum!?

Right now I am giving a big upgrade to Timothy (the dynamic director), which marks the near-completion of Apocalypse survival, as well as some more custom item progress. I just hope that my quiet work hasn't caused people to lose interest.

LordVezon
09-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Defibs? In the L4D1 forum!?

Right now I am giving a big upgrade to Timothy (the dynamic director), which marks the near-completion of Apocalypse survival, as well as some more custom item progress. I just hope that my quiet work hasn't caused people to lose interest.
Not I, said the fox! :cool:

Daygall65
09-17-2010, 07:41 PM
hurbderurp bumpity bump

epicness abounds in more awesome modmashing

thank you again for the mod Luke

Luke P
09-18-2010, 12:16 AM
*Ahem*

Apocalypse Survival Alpha Testing starts in the next few days. I expect things will be getting quite busy 'round these parts. Let's just say that Timothy did something to the zombies.

Oh, and if anyone has any more ideas for dynamic events, need those in asap.

Jordan9980
09-18-2010, 07:02 PM
You should allow us to holster a gun so we can sprint. Just a thought.

loraliromance
09-18-2010, 07:49 PM
It probably wouldn't actually work very well in versus.
It'd promote rushing and not only that but it'd only be fair if there was a bit of a delay as you took it back out which would cause you to not save yourself from hunters and such. Meh. Maybe for campaign it sounds decent.

*EDIT*

Also, just played versus with Luke and company. Was rather enjoyable. Very entertaining.

Jordan9980
09-18-2010, 07:53 PM
It probably wouldn't actually work very well in versus.
It'd promote rushing and not only that but it'd only be fair if there was a bit of a delay as you took it back out which would cause you to not save yourself from hunters and such. Meh. Maybe for campaign it sounds decent.

*EDIT*

Also, just played versus with Luke and company. Was rather enjoyable. Very entertaining.

You played with us? I do not remember you being there. But yes, it was enjoyable.

loraliromance
09-18-2010, 07:56 PM
I go by Slow Loris in game.

Along with

LorilAFl
loralirawrmance
loraliromance
loralilullaby
LoriSaurusRex
Squee.jpg

I think that's all of them lol

*EDIT*

wait one more..

Lorikins

StG44
09-18-2010, 08:41 PM
*Ahem*

Apocalypse Survival Alpha Testing starts in the next few days. I expect things will be getting quite busy 'round these parts. Let's just say that Timothy did something to the zombies.

Oh, and if anyone has any more ideas for dynamic events, need those in asap.

What is a dynamic event? Also, will there be a way to restore melee damage only? Would it be possible to make Hunters and Smoker attracted to Bommer Spew.

Luke P
09-19-2010, 09:43 AM
What is a dynamic event? Also, will there be a way to restore melee damage only? Would it be possible to make Hunters and Smoker attracted to Bommer Spew.
Dynamic Events are the "actions" or "events" that the dynamic director uses in survival mode. Yes, there is a ConVar for melee damage, as well as all of the other minor gameplay mechanic changes, and No, I am almost certain that I could not make the SI attracted to Boomer vomit, however I have not looked into it so I can't say for certain.

CAPTAINCANADA
09-19-2010, 10:58 AM
sprinting is silly! (no really - it is)

The only thing I can think of is a greater chance of finding t2s - 'specially in Expert as we are practically starving for that!
More throwables would also compensate for the survivors' inability to do cope with crowd-control in certain situations (like not being able to make it past the bend in Expert BH without losing half the squad as bait.

Just some thoughts. Making expert too impossible might do more harm than good to the majority of consumers.

Luke P
09-19-2010, 11:18 AM
Expert is certainly meant for some serious teamwork, but it certainly shouldn't be near impossible. I suppose I'll look into adding some more items (and finishing the custom item code as well). Perhaps I should add some difficulty specific item spawns (starting BH expert with a pipe would certainly be helpful) etc.

loraliromance
09-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Expert is certainly meant for some serious teamwork, but it certainly shouldn't be near impossible. I suppose I'll look into adding some more items (and finishing the custom item code as well). Perhaps I should add some difficulty specific item spawns (starting BH expert with a pipe would certainly be helpful) etc.

Much agreed.

*cough* not to mention a lantern :P

hahahha

StG44
09-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Dynamic Events are the "actions" or "events" that the dynamic director uses in survival mode. Yes, there is a ConVar for melee damage, as well as all of the other minor gameplay mechanic changes, and No, I am almost certain that I could not make the SI attracted to Boomer vomit, however I have not looked into it so I can't say for certain.

1. Ok
2. Cool
3. Alright, because I was thinking tat then the person in Bile is now "It" so to speak. So they are the main focus of the SI.

SmellyLethality
09-19-2010, 01:14 PM

By "custom items", what did you have in mind?

Something like flash bangs? That would be an interesting throwable, which would cause all infected in an area to fall to the ground, as well as blind SI (VS would mean a bright white screen) that makes it near impossible to see. The same would happen to survivors if thrown too close.

Luke P
09-19-2010, 01:55 PM

Something like flash bangs? That would be an interesting throwable, which would cause all infected in an area to fall to the ground, as well as blind SI (VS would mean a bright white screen) that makes it near impossible to see. The same would happen to survivors if thrown too close.
Right now what I am working on is kind of "deployed items" such as the lanterns that many have seen. The idea is that it's an entirely new "kind" of item, and it'll use the slot6 key (default 6) to set up. The lantern is just a start, I plan to do some kind of "trap" thing (remotely detonated something etc...), as well as an item that can be put down as a little supply stash with pills and ammo, etc. Basically give the survivors a way to interact and control their environment more as well.

Of course I'm open to any more ideas though.

Jordan9980
09-19-2010, 02:50 PM

That would be a great idea. It would really help the survivors, especially on expert. It could be slot 7. It should also blind survivors to. This way it balances it in Versus mode.

CAPTAINCANADA
09-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Flash Bangs?

Not to be a party-pooper, but a Flash Bang would be kinda useless against the undead and, more likely than not, just make them mad(der).

My vote is for a Deagle.

El_Vaquero_SWC
09-20-2010, 06:04 PM
Flash Bangs?

Not to be a party-pooper, but a Flash Bang would be kinda useless against the undead??? and, more likely than not, just make them mad(der).

My vote is for a Deagle.

Rage!!! They are humans!

Anyways, flash bangs would be super-effective because of the Infected's heightened senses. Like I can imagine the Horde arriving, and as I'm "THROWING A BLIND!" the entire Horde stumbles over one another or start running around like crazy because of their burning vision.

CAPTAINCANADA
09-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Sure they'd stumble around for a bit, but, since a zombie lacks any higher cognitive functions, the temporary blindness and deafness would be all that affects them.
Think of a zombie as someone drugged out of their minds in the middle of a fight. A police officer can tell you that pepper spray, bullets, and physical attacks (aka batton) will not stop a drug crazed attacker as they literally feel nothing. Just to further the point, I have friends who served in Afghanistan who have told me that the only way to stop a drugged up attack is with a shotgun and knocking them clean off their feet.

That's my take on it all.

xnecr0ssx
09-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Sure they'd stumble around for a bit, but, since a zombie lacks any higher cognitive functions, the temporary blindness and deafness would be all that affects them.
Think of a zombie as someone drugged out of their minds in the middle of a fight. A police officer can tell you that pepper spray, bullets, and physical attacks (aka batton) will not stop a drug crazed attacker as they literally feel nothing. Just to further the point, I have friends who served in Afghanistan who have told me that the only way to stop a drugged up attack is with a shotgun and knocking them clean off their feet.

That's my take on it all.

You don't get it right? They are NOT zombies!

Threesixtyci
09-22-2010, 11:59 AM
You don't get it right? They are NOT zombies!

That's not what Bill said....

jesse_lee
09-22-2010, 12:58 PM
That's not what Bill said....

It's also not was Valve says.

Juanxz
09-22-2010, 01:14 PM
Whenever I see people giving out admin powers for a donation....I get disgusted. You might be giving the admin power to a 12 year old using his mummy's credit card. You're willing to let the server be controlled by strangers for cash! How low....

Luke P
09-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Whenever I see people giving out admin powers for a donation....I get disgusted. You might be giving the admin power to a 12 year old using his mummy's credit card. You're willing to let the server be controlled by strangers for cash! How low....

1) Thank you for the personal attack on myself, I was beginning to worry that we were running out of trolls. Good to know you're at the top of your game.

2) Thank you again, for making a blatantly stupid post when you don't even have all the facts. I give donators access to beta features of the mod as well as the ability to call votes for admin stuff - Such as voteban, vote restart map, etc. They do not control the server at all.

So please, next time just don't post at all unless you have something to contribute or an actual thought. I personally suggest disconnecting your internet connection, that should help.

EDIT: On a positive note, working on the Dynamic Directors weapon randomization system.

CAPTAINCANADA
09-23-2010, 10:37 PM

Give your head a shake Juan as you are obviously not using it otherwise.
Donations show a level of commitment to the Mod regardless of who donates the money or time to its production.
I would suggest that you don't smear a particular case with a sweeping generalization.

SmellyLethality
09-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Just another cheap tactic I remembered while playing a DA campaign run.

On DA2, shooting the car alarm while on the roof. Keeps you safer at the end of the level for when you may be limping to the safe room.

KingMe1220
09-27-2010, 04:03 PM
I wanted to play today but couldn't get in. Oh well...

KingMe1220
09-27-2010, 07:46 PM
I finally got to play it. It's really cool.

Except for the fact that I just spent two hours with those horrible bots on No Mercy just to have the server restart.

I had finally gotten to the finale, and right when I got to the rooftop, it said "Console: Automatic Server restart in 30 seconds."

And then my face was like this -> :|

Oh well.

SmellyLethality
09-28-2010, 11:17 AM
One downside the awesomeness that is the Hunting Rifle, it's a team killer's dream weapon. Just tried to play a DT game with a guy named JayHam who took to three hit incapping friendlies. Being it was just me and him, and two bots, I couldn't get rid of him. Finally rage quit the server when more people came in and tried rushing the map alone or sitting in one spot, scared of the darkness.

BTW: I love the ambiance of the train yard and the town. That spooky twilight hour of oranges and such. Much better than default DT 3 and 4.

Luke P
09-28-2010, 06:38 PM
Copy+Pasted from the Steam Group Announcement - "Apocalypse, Miami Style Reloads"

secret excerpt recovered from CAPTAINCANADA’s safety deposit box. File name: CSI audition with Luke – take 42 (roflbot!)

CSI: Miami – Apocalypse Reloaded

Starring: Luke as ‘Horatio Caine’ (and his sunglasses) & CAPTAINCANADA as ‘Frank’.

Act I: Scene I

CC: (kneeling near body of Bill propped against generator) “I don’t get it Horatio -” (puzzled look) “his gun was *fully loaded*”

Luke: (standing with his back to CC as police secure scene) “From the angle of his body,” (pauses for *dramatic* close up) “it looks like he took his attackers Head On.”

CC: (looks at Luke, obviously confused) “But he had a full mag. Why not take a single shot?”

Luke: “Even with a full magazine,” (puts on sunglasses) “you’d Beta Reload.”

*YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA* (roll intro music).

*scribbled at bottom of page in barely legible handwriting* “The beta reloads are working!!! Still a bit of a work in progress, but it’s about time that I finally got it. Damn…. I look AMAZING in these sunglasses!”

If my memory serves my correctly, this is the first time the beta reload animations have been fully functional in the release version of L4D. Granted they are still a bit buggy on the occasional chance, I think this is a step forward! I encourage everyone to check them out - You know you want too!

(Side note, these work on a system of non-manual reloads(which I believe was what the beta had a little later) so you will only see the reload if you empty your full clip)

Maddyfiren
09-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Dear Luke;

Work on your anti-rush system.

Sincerely, Maddy :D

Atok
09-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Copy+Pasted from the Steam Group Announcement - "Apocalypse, Miami Style Reloads"

If my memory serves my correctly, this is the first time the beta reload animations have been fully functional in the release version of L4D. Granted they are still a bit buggy on the occasional chance, I think this is a step forward! I encourage everyone to check them out - You know you want too!

(Side note, these work on a system of non-manual reloads(which I believe was what the beta had a little later) so you will only see the reload if you empty your full clip)

Well Luke has soon i heard this i went to your server to see it with my own eyes.

1.- The animations are buggy has you said, but still you are the first to manage this so keep working on it!!

2.- The m16 and the sniper rifle dont show the complete animation, they skip some parts.

3.- The uzi animations is the only one that i saw it plays correctly(lack of sound) but is kind of slow.

O well, those are the points i can say for now, I know this is still in testing and you are the first one to make it true!!

Keep the good work, you amaze me!!!

Next objective: Make the ammo count has clips and not bullets!!! XD

O well first things first, good work!!

James_Riot
09-29-2010, 02:32 AM
Holy hell. OP is my new hero. This is donate-worthy indeed!

Luke P
10-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Dear Luke;

Work on your anti-rush system.

Sincerely, Maddy :D
So far you are the only one to beat it...but soon it will be perfect.

(Oh, and this post is a bump)

CAPTAINCANADA
10-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Holy hell. OP is my new hero. This is donate-worthy indeed!

Glad to hear it James_Riot - and I like that you think it is donate-worthy too!
Anyone on this thread who hasn't joined the Steam Group, I encourage you to do so - it is well worth the time it takes to press 'join'.

LordVezon
10-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Brand new server, ladies and goims! :D

Luke P
10-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Brand new server, ladies and goims! :D
+1 more!

3 Servers now, updated the OP, group description, etc.

ASecondOpinion
10-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Now no excuses for having lag!
Unless, of course, you're still smages away from a server...

xnecr0ssx
10-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Bump...this thread fell on page 6 o_o

Luke P
10-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Bump...Page 3! I guess I need to update something to maintain some interest, so here you are.

-----Added "The Sacrifice" lighting modifications

Some scary stuff.

Lexino
10-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Bump...Page 3! I guess I need to update something to maintain some interest, so here you are.

-----Added "The Sacrifice" lighting modifications

Some scary stuff.

pics?

xnecr0ssx
10-06-2010, 09:54 PM
I tryed it 10 minutes ago (GMT+1 time xD) and I'm sorry but I don't like it so much (I mean how you changed The Sacrifice)...It's me or now it looks more like the L4D2 one, less foggy and on day alike?

Edit:

pics?

One frame I took while recording:
http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/4250/l4d1thesacrificeapocaly.png

Luke P
10-06-2010, 10:53 PM
I tryed it 10 minutes ago (GMT+1 time xD) and I'm sorry but I don't like it so much (I mean how you changed The Sacrifice)...It's me or now it looks more like the L4D2 one, less foggy and on day alike?
I tried to make it much darker (Daytime maps are bleh) but a full day-to-night conversion isn't entirely possible, but I'm still working on it.

Never played the L4D2 version so I'll have to look that up.

LordVezon
10-07-2010, 09:07 AM
DAMN, Sacrifice lighting fixes already?
Not that I'm complaining, but how long did that take you? :D

Luke P
10-07-2010, 06:09 PM
DAMN, Sacrifice lighting fixes already?
Not that I'm complaining, but how long did that take you? :D
Honestly I had it ready before the update launched, based on some reference photos from what little game play footage we got before release. The real problem was updating the servers, but that was done pretty quickly.

Sixx86'
10-07-2010, 08:11 PM
What's the name of the server? I've tried finding it a few weeks ago, but couldn't. I also wrote down the IP address, but didn't know where to enter it.

SmellyLethality
10-07-2010, 08:13 PM
What's the name of the server? I've tried finding it a few weeks ago, but couldn't. I also wrote down the IP address, but didn't know where to enter it.

If you join the group, the servers will show up on the Main Menu like this (http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/3057/l4doriginalbackground.jpg).

Otherwise, you'll have to open the server browser via the console with "openserverbrowser", and type the IP address there.

Luke P
10-08-2010, 06:38 PM
Bump

I swear Valve put those flare models in The Sacrifice just for me - There's no other reason for them really...But I'm glad they did.

Maddyfiren
10-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Bump

I swear Valve put those flare models in The Sacrifice just for me - There's no other reason for them really...But I'm glad they did.

I remember looking at those while I was playing through the campaign, I thought they were just a substitute for no real lighting. :D

Reagan
10-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Actually got a chance to play a few maps today and I must say great great work.

Luke P
10-11-2010, 12:34 AM
Actually got a chance to play a few maps today and I must say great great work.
Glad you liked it!

Bump from page 3...Not sure why this thread is so inactive, other than not many major updates recently - just improvements to the Dynamic Director and such. Just want to ensure everyone that it's in constant development, just recently there's been so many ideas floating around that I've started a bit on absolutely everything, which results in very little actually getting completed, but we're getting there!

If you have not already, join the steam group! It makes you awesome, I'm not kidding!

Zombiejuice
10-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Makes for a fun game, thanks for putting it together.

LordVezon
10-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Any chance you could update the screenshots on the website with the 'new lighting'? :D

Luke P
10-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Any chance you could update the screenshots on the website with the 'new lighting'? :D
I'll get on that - But there's a new website in the works so it wont be before that, I'd just recommend jumping in and checking it out.

No Mercy would be my personal recommendation.

LordVezon
10-12-2010, 04:28 PM
No Mercy would be my personal recommendation.
Much obliged!
Just a thought, but have you considered adding special abilities to the Hunter or the Boomer? The Smoker's death cloud does damage; why not let the Hunter be able to do its 'neutral jump' in Versus?

Euphrati
10-12-2010, 08:01 PM
This would actually be pretty cool. I love turning on cheats every now and then and "neutral jumping" around as hunter in coop. It might make him a bit over powered but its worth a try.

I've seen people use plug-ins to enable that functionality, but.. You can do that with a console command? I have friends who regularly join me beating up on the bots in cheat versus games. We'll love you if you share!

Luke P
10-12-2010, 08:37 PM
This would actually be pretty cool. I love turning on cheats every now and then and "neutral jumping" around as hunter in coop. It might make him a bit over powered but its worth a try.
Worth giving a shot I suppose yeah.
I've seen people use plug-ins to enable that functionality, but.. You can do that with a console command? I have friends who regularly join me beating up on the bots in cheat versus games. We'll love you if you share!
I believe all that is required for this is for mp_gamemode to be at "coop" while you are playing as a hunter. Simply speaking, make a coop game, change it to versus, spawn, and change it back to coop and that will probably be all that is necessary, but I haven't tried it so I can't be sure.

Oh, and I should mention that custom items are almost done. Warning, technical speak ahead. The item "system" is the main focus here, the system being how survivors can pick up items, have it be stored in their own little "item data", and then be able to use the item. Once this system is done, adding items is a much simpler process, even adding more item slots is less hassle. In the long term there may well be 2-3 more item slots for you to use! Custom weapons are another story (by weapon here I mean gun - Some custom items will most likely have some damage dealing involved) but for now, this is progress!

cico34
10-13-2010, 04:02 AM
Regular L4D: Oh well, tank time... *sigh*

Apocalypse: OH SHI-!!! *Spams RUN!! and TANK!! on microphone*

ASecondOpinion
10-13-2010, 05:16 AM
Oh, and I should mention that custom items are almost done. Warning, technical speak ahead. The item "system" is the main focus here, the system being how survivors can pick up items, have it be stored in their own little "item data", and then be able to use the item. Once this system is done, adding items is a much simpler process, even adding more item slots is less hassle. In the long term there may well be 2-3 more item slots for you to use! Custom weapons are another story (by weapon here I mean gun - Some custom items will most likely have some damage dealing involved) but for now, this is progress!

Sounds very interesting. Do want... Kinda now... :)

mike576
10-13-2010, 01:28 PM

Well it does not work in versus even with cheats, but it does work in coop because the bot hunter will do it to escape if you shoot him.

What you do is make a local server and make sv_cheats 1, then change the game mode to versus in the console (I believe the command is mp_gamemode versus), then move to the infected side and change it back to coop (mp_gamemode coop). After that you can spawn a hunter with z_spawn hunter and it should make the human players on the infected become the hunter. Then all you do is press mouse 1 and you can hop around all day without having to crouch :)

It's a lot of fun to mess around with it with friends.

Euphrati
10-13-2010, 02:29 PM
I see. Thank you, both of you. Sorry for the off-topic, btw.

LordVezon
10-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Custom items?
Why hasn't Valve hired this man yet? They claim the reason they made L4D2 a sequel instead of additional content was because Turtle Rock's engine doesn't support it that well.
Looks like this myth...got busted.
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Godless Gamer
10-14-2010, 03:29 PM
Add cola to the game. Then it'll have everything good that Left4Dead 2 has.

xnecr0ssx
10-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Add cola to the game. Then it'll have everything good that Left4Dead 2 has.

And what you will do with it? XDDDDDD

ASecondOpinion
10-15-2010, 09:38 AM
And what you will do with it? XDDDDDD

It could be an explosive... :D

KingMe1220
10-15-2010, 12:01 PM
You would need to combine it with the pop rocks first.

Pacman325
10-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Omg , very nice !

usbfridge
10-15-2010, 01:35 PM
this is proof that valve was talking outa there ♥♥♥ when they said they couldnt do L4d2 in L4d.......

ontopic AWESOME DUDE IMA REP EVERY POST OF YOURS I CAN FIND!!!!!!!!!

They said WOULDN'T, not COULDN'T. And they ment new weapons (Wich I think is a bit of an exageration), new SI, new campaigns (Wich they themselves proved wrong.) and new items (Same as weapons.). Not more gore, better lighting, harder difficulty, and realism.

usbfridge
10-16-2010, 08:34 AM
VALVE, HIRE THIS MAN. This is the best thing to happen to L4D1 since the addition of shove fatigue.

How could you think the addition of shove fatiuge was good? I mean, they could've made it a little longer, made it not apply to the L4D2 co-op, made it do less damage, made it not puh back multiple infected, lots o fthings. But, minus my rant and the part about shove fatigue, I think this man's post is completley true.

usbfridge
10-16-2010, 08:40 AM
Custom items?
Why hasn't Valve hired this man yet? They claim the reason they made L4D2 a sequel instead of additional content was because Turtle Rock's engine doesn't support it that well.
Looks like this myth...got busted.
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I think you are right. They said they couldn't even add a new campaign, but they hired turtle rock to make a new one, and it was actually good, better than any left 4 dead 2 map. Just wish they had co-op No Mercy actually IN co-op, not the vs. version. It sucks having to defend yourself in that thing. You cannot even camp somewhere else.

usbfridge
10-16-2010, 08:43 AM
So, Luke P The Godly Awsome, what are the items you are adding? And, do you need help with the sacrifice? If I can get a copy of the map, I can make some changes if you need me to. I am also wondering, does anyone know how to load up ZPS stuff in the 2007 Source SDK? It does not work for me.

xnecr0ssx
10-16-2010, 08:47 AM
I think you are right. They said they couldn't even add a new campaign, but they hired turtle rock to make a new one, and it was actually good, better than any left 4 dead 2 map. Just wish they had co-op No Mercy actually IN co-op, not the vs. version. It sucks having to defend yourself in that thing. You cannot even camp somewhere else.

They didn't hire Turtle Rock. Turtle Rock it's "inside" Valve since the Beta of the game...

usbfridge
10-16-2010, 09:56 AM
Why is this thread not stickied?

usbfridge
10-16-2010, 09:58 AM
They didn't hire Turtle Rock. Turtle Rock it's "inside" Valve since the Beta of the game...

First, your sentence does not even make sense, second, Turtle Rock made left 4 dead, but then vavle bought it, and third, why does it say "TURTLE ROCK" in the creator thing rather than "Valve"?

ASecondOpinion
10-16-2010, 10:02 AM
First, your sentence does not even make sense, second, Turtle Rock made left 4 dead, but then vavle bought it, and third, why does it say "TURTLE ROCK" in the creator thing rather than "Valve"?

Valve acquired Turtle Rock during the development of Left 4 Dead, not after it was made.

xnecr0ssx
10-16-2010, 12:19 PM
Valve acquired Turtle Rock during the development of Left 4 Dead, not after it was made.

Exactly

LordVezon
10-16-2010, 01:03 PM
What programming obstacles are in the way of 'running crescendos' in this game? For example, a Dead Air metal detector could only be switched off by cutting the power (hitting a switch nearby).

Luke P
10-16-2010, 08:40 PM
What programming obstacles are in the way of 'running crescendos' in this game? For example, a Dead Air metal detector could only be switched off by cutting the power (hitting a switch nearby).
I love it! I wanted to find a nice spot for that and I think that works perfectly! Thank you! In terms of programming obstacles, very little. Should be a walk in the park, just need to get on it. In other words, give me a few weeks.

So, Luke P The Godly Awsome, what are the items you are adding? And, do you need help with the sacrifice? If I can get a copy of the map, I can make some changes if you need me to. I am also wondering, does anyone know how to load up ZPS stuff in the 2007 Source SDK? It does not work for me.
All info on items can be found on the group announcement that was made a couple minutes ago. They were just released and put live if anyone missed it! More are coming soon, now that the system is in place adding items is pretty easy. I would add one every day if I could, but that would complicate stuff a bit too much, haha.

Luke P
10-16-2010, 10:54 PM
From the Left 4 Dead: Apocalypse Steam Group:

The Highly Pre-emptive Holiday Update
posted by CAPTAINCANADA @ 07:29PM on October 16, 2010
Just in time for your Sunday, our social scientists here at Apocalypse Labs have shed light upon a HIGHLY DISTURBING statistic uncovered in a recent poll of everyday North Americans.

*Warning: these findings are HIGHLY DEMOTIVATING*

Our scientists have discovered that NINETY-PERCENT of North Americans consider themselves LOST, CONFUSED, and TOTALLY BORED on weekends! We have taken immediate action to send a telegram to the United Nations General Assembly to immediately address and overcome this crisis.
Fortunately, Luke (CEO and task-master of Apocalypse Labs) has somersaulted into action to avert global catastrophe by releasing “The Highly Pre-emptive Holiday Update” for Apocalypse Mod. This update – effective immediately – adds vast improvements to the functions of the dynamic director (DD or Tim), increases the scope of the patented ‘Chattermod’, and has added ALL NEW unique ITEMS that can be used BY SURVIVORS in the Mod!

DD improvements are largely technical – and therefore protected as well as the recipe for Tim Horton’s coffee – but rest assured that the Tank and Witch have been confirmed as now being more vulnerable to explosive damage! Sound off like Hank Hill: “Propane.”!!!
The first Custom Items to hit home in Apocalypse are: (a) red flares that can be dropped to mark pathways, rally points, or generally make dark things a little lighter; and (b) Extra Ammunition packs that can be deployed to restock your teammates in their hour of need!
The Chatter Mod improvements also enhance the viability of mic-less play by increasing the frequency of useful survivor communication!
All of these updates, of course, are pending review by Luke and the community at large to see how they pan out in your games – so be sure to let us know what you think!

And, just in case you had a heart-attack because of this being too awesome, never fear! Apocalypse Labs: Emergency Assistance Teams of Medical Excellence (code named EATME) have been dispatched and are currently on rout to your place of residence! …because we totally don’t know where you live… I mean… yea, that would be creepy… ooooh look at the shiny update!!!

And of course here's my two cents:

Changelog:

-Custom Items Implementation for all users
-Custom item system, with flares and ammo packs
-DD updated to be even more adaptive
-DD can start to learn and remember (this is being worked on still)
-Chattermod updated with more lines
-Tanks and Witches now take significant damage from explosions

Fixes:
-Fixed DD using "learned" knowledge from games before the current one
-Fixed getting stuck on flares
-Fixed beta reloads causing problems when picking up propane tanks
-Fixed "spawning disabled" bug with versus on round start
-Fixed crashes regarding panic events
-Updated a few maps that were missing colorcorrection/postprocessing

With the new item system in place, adding new items in regularly is an easy task, and more are on the way.

Hero_of_Time96
10-17-2010, 09:30 AM
You have done the impossible* Luke. You have created new items. Hats off to you Luke.

*What Valve considers impossible

Luke P
10-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Bump...

Anyone got any item ideas? Still working on adding more.

Godless Gamer
10-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Flashlight batteries? :P

Snookers
10-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Grenades?

Daygall65
10-19-2010, 12:56 PM
Scripting timothys lines so they are activated with his amount of anger

example anger lvl 1: he would say something like "im so gonna kill you.. just you wait ahahahaha"

anger lvl 5: "muahahahaha-ahahaha-haha your mom... ya thats right i said it now HAVE A TANK ^_^"

and lvl 10: "IMA ♥♥♥♥ YOU YOU GONNA DIE YOU ♥♥♥♥ING MAGOTY LITTLE SURVIVOR ♥♥♥♥S!!!!! I SWEAR TO MYSELF (cause im just that awesome) THAT IM GONNA TEAR OUT YOUR INTESTINES AND STRANGLE YOU WITH THEM!!!! I DONT EVEN NEED A SMOKER!!!!!"

or something like that :p

Luke P
10-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Grenades?
Working on an "explosive" one yep - Especially since the Tank update, explosives are pretty useful.
Flashlight batteries? :P
We'll see...

My only concern with limited flashlight time is that it encourages rushing, because you need light to survive, so you're rushing through the map so that you can get through it all before the flashlight dies. It's technically possible, but I don't think it's a good idea from a gameplay standpoint.
Scripting timothys lines so they are activated with his amount of anger

example anger lvl 1: he would say something like "im so gonna kill you.. just you wait ahahahaha"

anger lvl 5: "muahahahaha-ahahaha-haha your mom... ya thats right i said it now HAVE A TANK ^_^"

and lvl 10: "IMA ♥♥♥♥ YOU YOU GONNA DIE YOU ♥♥♥♥ING MAGOTY LITTLE SURVIVOR ♥♥♥♥S!!!!! I SWEAR TO MYSELF (cause im just that awesome) THAT IM GONNA TEAR OUT YOUR INTESTINES AND STRANGLE YOU WITH THEM!!!! I DONT EVEN NEED A SMOKER!!!!!"

or something like that :p
That's just cruel...I think he'd be much more subtle.

Daygall65
10-19-2010, 04:22 PM
those are just ruff guidelines based on how timothys treated me in the past ;)

yes i agree... hes subtle...

*we made it... i cant believe we made i.....*
*tank music and ground rumbling*
*no big deal we still even has health kits"
*2 tanks roar and throw rocks*
"never mind... we're boned" :p

KainZero26
10-20-2010, 02:03 AM
I just wanted to say that me and a friend came across this mod quite by accident, when makeing a game for ourselves it assigned us the Apocalypse server, anyway I happen to think this is one of the most brilliant things I've ever experianced, not only did it make the L4D experiance what it should have been it also got my blood pumping, which hasen't happened since I first started playing.

When playing we struggled through it, most of the time by the skin of our teeth, either way I just wanted to say that what you have done with this mod has not only improved L4D massively, it has also proven that Valve really are lieing through their teeth when it comes to adding new things to this game.
Thank you Luke P
+rep
And keep up the splendid work.
:)

Reagan
10-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Working on an "explosive" one yep -

My only concern with limited flashlight time is that it encourages rushing, because you need light to survive, so you're rushing through the map so that you can get through it all before the flashlight dies. It's technically possible, but I don't think it's a good idea from a gameplay standpoint.

Could make them rechargeable like in Half-Life or various other games.

KainZero26
10-22-2010, 03:10 AM
Personally my favourite idea is limited pistol ammo, obviously plenty of it, but not unlimited, I think it would encourage tighter team work and more patient aiming.

Atok
10-22-2010, 11:25 AM
Personally my favourite idea is limited pistol ammo, obviously plenty of it, but not unlimited, I think it would encourage tighter team work and more patient aiming.

I think that when having double pistol, the ammo is limited and when you are oout, you return to one pistol with infinite ammo.

In this way, people will be looking for pistol to, and is not going to be like you grab one pistol and since then you dont care about other pistols.

About the flashlight batteries idea, it wouldn't work but still I think the falshlight need a limitation.

What about if you can make it lke in Half Life? The falshlight have energy power if you abuse it to much it will go off, and after sometime it recovers the energy( if is not used). Lets say 20 seconds ? That would bring a limitation to the falshlight but is not a big problem.

O well just my opinion.

About a new item, someone said what about granades, but i think granades would be out of place. An explosive that explodes at contact would be cool but a granade doesnt fit(IMO).

Why not "incomplete" pipe bombs? Just like in the beta, the ones that dont have the beeping sound and just make them explode at contact.

just my 2 cents.

El_Vaquero_SWC
10-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Hmm, maybe it was cut from the game for a reason but I'd still like to mention a possible addition-suggestion for the perks that were planned to be included originally such as:

KevLar Vests
Goggles (1-time block on Boomer bile)
Knife (1-time Self-escape from Hunters/Smokers)
Shoulder Strap (Limits recoil)
Extended Magazines (1-time More ammo)

I was just suggesting, anyways... Here's the actual list of "Upgrades" (http://left4dead.wikia.com/wiki/Upgrade#Upgrades) from the L4D Wiki. Whatever could be implemented would be pretty cool, in my opinion.

KingMe1220
10-25-2010, 03:40 PM
This is just my opinion, but I think that there are already too many servers with those upgrades. I think they just kinda make the game suck.

El_Vaquero_SWC
10-25-2010, 05:28 PM
This is just my opinion, but I think that there are already too many servers with those upgrades. I think they just kinda make the game suck.

Well, I do agree with you on that but if there was a possible way to spawn, let's say, a Kevlar Vest, as rarely as the GL in L4D2, would that be better?

I know having all those perks on at once gets annoying but, if anything, they could be ultra-rare. Again, with no sarcasm intended to you, Kingme, just my opinion. :)

Daygall65
10-29-2010, 11:26 AM
BUMP WITH PROOF

for any of you that havent seen it this is proof 9OLD ♥♥♥ PROOF) that valve BSing us bout new content
http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/55553 that is a custom shotgun MODEL, SKIN, and SOUNDS
and it was done before the l4d SDK was even released -_-

anyways proof that valve is dumb and that it can be done the only problem is that client and server have to have the item...

anyways i just played through all of NM last night and DA today and not a single crash YAY ^^ ty luke

Odum
10-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Kevlar vest? are the infected getting guns now?

El_Vaquero_SWC
10-31-2010, 12:21 PM
Kevlar vest? are the infected getting guns now?

Well, Kevlar vests were going to reduce damage taken from the Infected attacks, probably clawing (like being group-clawed by a Horde/SI melee or pinned by a Hunter) but I don't think it would have helped much when being tongued, boomed on, punched by a Tank or clawed by a Witch.

If re-incarnated by Luke, it could possibly serve its original purpose OR lessen FF damage.

Luke P
10-31-2010, 12:38 PM
Here's where I stand on the ever-popular survivor upgrades.

Some of them are actually a nice idea - ammo types etc are something that isn't too complicated, yet worth your time. Laser sights have a nice concept (seeing where your team is aiming) but the laser that's in the game is very bad looking. The rest I find are rather silly - Smelling Salts? Seems a little stupid that you're carrying those around in a zombie apocalypse. A Knife? How the heck did you reach for that with a hunter clawing at your face? They're just too buggy and incomplete for them to effectively take place as a solid addition to the game.

That being said, I like the idea of additional perks and items, so I'll certainly add that type of thing into the custom items code and see how it goes.

That is, when the servers get back on. For the moment they are all down, have been since the recent L4D mac update. I don't know when I'll get them back up - the update broke a lot of stuff. Which sadly means that the big halloween update that I hinted about on the group is likely to be late. Sadly nothing I can do.

Luke P
11-03-2010, 09:19 PM
bump...

Snookers
11-03-2010, 09:38 PM
What's the haps, bro?

El_Vaquero_SWC
11-05-2010, 12:37 PM
bump...

lol, too much homework. Sorry I haven't had time to bump this thread...

And yeah! What's going on? How've ya been?

Luke P
11-05-2010, 08:17 PM
What's the haps, bro?
Where do I begin...

As many of you know from the steam group, servers have been down since the Mac update - It broke a lot of stuff. I've basically been sitting here relentlessly "fixing" everything - and by fixing I mean redoing most of it. We had a big update planned for Halloween as well, but needless to say that had to be put off. To be honest, that update was a bloody nightmare and continues to cause problems.

On the bright side, I'm almost done with the repairs and so testing of the upcoming update can begin. With the changes that have been done, adding new features and components is much easier. Most of the "stray" features have been incorporated into the apocalypse base. Also this update brings something that is well....amazing. I mean really amazing.

That being said, we're trying to get back into the structure of consistent, smaller updates. We've found people tend to lose interest if there's nothing happening for a big chunk of time. Smaller updates also means that I can decide what I'm going to do and do it, instead of having to plan X amount of things that will be happening.

In short, been working quietly recently, and should be back at full power shortly with some new cool stuff.

Luke P
11-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Copied from the Steam Group Announcement:

We're Back and Better than Ever!
posted by CAPTAINCANADA @ 05:13PM on November 10, 2010
Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Dudes and Dames, and Storm Troopers and Rebels,

It is with overwhelming joy (no seriously: freaking overwhelming man!) that I announce the TRIUMPHANT RETURN OF APOCALYPSE MOD! (and the Jedi)

All the while since the last update blew up our Death Star with a mere handful of changes (Luke: evacuate? In our moment of Triumph? I think you over-estimate their chances!) we’ve been doing everything in our power to get it back up and up to speed.
And has our work paid off!
Thanks to a top-secret shield generator installed on a nearby moon (I know what you’re thinking, but relax: its only populated by teddy-bears that live in tree-houses) Apocalypse is back up and running with a NEW Dynamic Director! This DD – which I’ve heard can survive a direct collision with a star destroyer – completely replaces the AI director and all of said director’s functions! Get ready to play with something that is more adaptive and more responsive than before – and has a memory of previous levels and (gulp!) previous games!
But wait!
This new Apocalypse, though fully operational, is still under ‘construction’, and thus will have all sorts of little add-ons here and there in the upcoming weeks.

Stay tuned, and trust in your feelings!*

*especially if those feelings include ‘AWESOME!'

Changelog:

-Fixed everything that went wrong with the Valve Mac update

-Added "Timothy 2.0 Dynamic Director Systems"
--Added "Rolling Crescendo" (non-stop horde) functions (not yet implemented)
--Added new mob system
--Added new special infected system
--Added new boss spawning system
--Added Dynamic Director Behaviours and personality
--Added Dynamic Director "Learning"
--Added map scripting support (not yet implemented)
--Added new anger calculation system
--Updated Dynamic Director control system
--Fixed case where the Valve AI director could turn itself on

-Improved custom item system backend
-Weapon balance changes
-Added various chat commands to change teams (!surv, !spec, !swap, etc) (coop only)
-Fixed occasional crash on mapchange
-Optimized load time slightly (still takes several seconds longer than regular L4D)

Please note: The Dynamic Director has a lot of "learning" to do, so you may not notice it the first time around. Also, it now has many functions for dynamic new features that are not yet implemented into Apocalypse - You will be seeing these in the coming weeks, along with several other updates to custom items, proper versus support, etc.

Luke P
11-12-2010, 01:22 AM
bump...

-Added versus support for all campaigns

This thread feels so inactive because most of the real conversation is on the steam group and in game...So if you haven't joined the group already I suggest you do!

Xeesheava
11-12-2010, 07:22 AM
When you say: "Learning", means the director will "learn" the most common routes of survivors to add some witches and tanks on the path?

Luke P
11-12-2010, 11:46 AM
When you say: "Learning", means the director will "learn" the most common routes of survivors to add some witches and tanks on the path?
Director "learning" has two parts.

The first involves the director trying to figure out the skill level and play style of the group while playing. If they generally rush ahead until X point and then slow down, he'll know that and accommodate for that. If they progress slowly and carefully, he can act on that knowledge (ie. forcing them to start moving, force them to slow down even furthur, etc) depending on how he wants them to do (based on various other calculations).

The second part of learning involves memory. That is, when you wipe right at the beginning of a map, the next time you try it, he remembers that and can decide whether he wants to either a) Make you try again, or b) Give you a break. He also remembers "skill" level estimations as well as intensity peaks, intensity lows, how many infected killed, etc. This type of learning prevents him from starting off at his "most angry" and never letting the survivors past the exit of the safroom.

Coincidently, the type of learning you mentioned is actually part of the real-time thinking, rather than learning. He's been known to spawn tanks or witches in the finishing saferoom if you're doing well enough.

DigitalSpencer
11-13-2010, 05:25 AM
He's been known to spawn tanks or witches in the finishing saferoom if you're doing well enough.

Has this happen to me, 3 bots and myself sprinting down the street to the same room in NM2 I think, three alarmed cars on the road, pretty sure Billbot sets off two, I leg it for the same room, provide cover fire for around 2 min, bots struggle to close in, TANK MUSIC!. *Slams Door* "Bye, Guys" *heals*.... Loving this mod.

Okami Amaterasu
11-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Aww. The servers don't work it seems.

Luke P
11-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Aww. The servers don't work it seems.
They're all operational at the moment - If you're having a problem let me know and explain with some details.

KingMe1220
11-18-2010, 02:12 PM
I really wanted to play this last night during the event but I was writing a paper.

I'm gonna get on in an hour or so if anyone wants to play.

RayPrower
11-21-2010, 02:18 PM
bump..

Luke P
11-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Today's update "A Bloody Good Update", copied from the steam group:

When you you're in a zombie apocalypse, chances are you're going to be doing a lot of shooting. Some of those bullets may hit zombies. If you're going to be watching bullets hit zombies all day, it might as well be an enjoyable experience, right?

Today's update comes with a completely redone gore system. It's still in it's infancy right now and will be expanded upon over time. Here's a quick summary of what's new:

-Added additional blood particle effects
-Added new way of determining if a zombie should lose a limb
-Uzi's and Pistols can now gib zombies (limb loss)
-Zombies now have a chance to lose an arm or their head, and still be "alive"
-Added additional blood effects for when zombies lose a limb

The squeamish should avert their eyes whilst firing.

Also, some additional small changes:

-Fires (both molotov and gascan) start small and unexpectedly spread large distances until they burn out
-Bots now always have their flashlights on
-Increased distance that tank taking bullet damage will be slowed down
-Some small changes to common infected AI
-Melee no longer applies physics force (fixes a few exploits that involved shoving)
-You can no longer spawn as the same class twice in a row (versus)
-Removed "drop" command (alternative coming later)

And of course, bug fixes

-Fixed NM3 lift not moving/not being solid
-Fixed NM4 elevator getting stuck/not opening
-Fixed TS1 tank door clip not being removed
-Fixed various other trigger issues
-Fixed crash related to propane explosions
-Improved some mob spawning logic (DD)
-Added additional error checking
-Fixed rare crash caused by ledge grab problem

Now go kill some zombies.

-Luke

duckfeet
11-22-2010, 01:30 AM
Not tread the entire thread yet but I had a quick look at the UK server (I think). Noone else on so I thought I'll play against the bot survivors a bit, especially as it was before the tank in the carriage on Sacrifice.

The bots didn't open the door...

I thought I'd better mention it incase noone has seen it, not sure if it's even relevant come to think of it, but there it is.

Back to the early pages again...

RayPrower
11-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Not tread the entire thread yet but I had a quick look at the UK server (I think). Noone else on so I thought I'll play against the bot survivors a bit, especially as it was before the tank in the carriage on Sacrifice.

The bots didn't open the door...

I thought I'd better mention it incase noone has seen it, not sure if it's even relevant come to think of it, but there it is.

Back to the early pages again...

I'm sure it's pretty much the same as the regular game.

Bots won't start crescendo events.

Chocolate Rain!
11-25-2010, 05:49 PM
SHOGWASH I SAY no not hogwash ._. I went on this server once, and it was, well, emptier than (insert witty remark here).

Luke P
11-25-2010, 06:25 PM
SHOGWASH I SAY no not hogwash ._. I went on this server once, and it was, well, emptier than (insert witty remark here).
Well for one, there's 4 servers. Not one.

2nd, if you're expecting 24/7 filled 7/8 slots so you can hop in immediately and play it isn't going to happen - Not in this game or any other game really. Feel free to create a lobby and use the mm_dedicated_force_servers <ip> to force a lobby to one of the servers though, there's nothing preventing you from having a full game.

With the current matchmaking system and server browser as it is, it's not surprising that specific servers can't get players.

MasterLuBu
11-26-2010, 12:51 AM
Me and a friend joined a server on the Sacrifice Campaign today and got on a server with this mod.

Its great! Quite hard too. Encountered one headless zombie that could not die and when we got to the train carriage with the tank, there was no tank in the carriage but tanks kept spawning until we just made a mad dash past the carriage to the safe room.

We got to the last level but the server crashed before the level loaded :(

Luke P
11-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Me and a friend joined a server on the Sacrifice Campaign today and got on a server with this mod.

Its great! Quite hard too. Encountered one headless zombie that could not die and when we got to the train carriage with the tank, there was no tank in the carriage but tanks kept spawning until we just made a mad dash past the carriage to the safe room.

We got to the last level but the server crashed before the level loaded :(
Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

These level loading crashes are a well-known, well-annoying problem. Usually happens when there's 3-8 people on the server, anything lower and it tends to have less of a chance of happening. No "quick fix" quite yet, I'm having to redo some of the Dynamic Director to make it work but I'd say within a few days.

Also planning to do some more graphical changes shortly.

MasterLuBu
11-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Cheers, I sure did :)

I always wanted a change from the original left 4 dead and this mod thankfully was what I was looking for.

You did a great job! The way the levels have been made much darker makes the scene/atmosphere so much more apocalyptic, which is great, its harder to see stuff and you don't know whats going to come at you out of the shadows.

The way zombies are harder to kill is good as well as well, really forces your team to stick and work together to overcome them.

I'll be playing on these servers much more often :)

Russel
11-28-2010, 04:59 PM
May I say, I love you for having an ATLANTA SERVER! No one understands that we Georgian's need servers too!

CounterTerroris
11-29-2010, 05:21 PM
A couple questions...

1) Can I play this on Campaign?

2) Anyone want to play this with me, now?

When I try to "connect 209.247.83.136:27015", I get an error in my console preventing me from loading...

Host_Error: CMapLoadHelper::Init, unable to open maps/l4d_deathaboard01_prison.bsp

BinkOpen( c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\media\l4d_crashcourse_bg.bik )

Luke P
11-29-2010, 06:06 PM
A couple questions...

1) Can I play this on Campaign?

Yes - In fact it's designed with the coop experience in mind

2) Anyone want to play this with me, now?

You'd have to ask around, but there's always someone out and about. We're trying to hold some more regular events.

When I try to "connect 209.247.83.136:27015", I get an error in my console preventing me from loading...
That's because you don't have the custom campaign the server is playing - Just wait for whoever's on there to finish, try one of the other servers, or if you want you can download the campaign.

MeatCircus
11-30-2010, 05:21 AM
Haven't played L4D1 in quite a while but was browsing the forums and saw this. Played a campaign on No Mercy tonight and was fun as hell. Will definitely be keeping up with this. Thx for the fun mod

Luke P
12-05-2010, 02:42 PM
El Bumpo.

Some news about more stuff coming shortly...

Haven't played L4D1 in quite a while but was browsing the forums and saw this. Played a campaign on No Mercy tonight and was fun as hell. Will definitely be keeping up with this. Thx for the fun mod
Glad you enjoyed it!

Doom4you
12-05-2010, 02:54 PM
I have been trying to play this for a while, and finally had a chance to experience it the other night...with not so much success game play wise haha, but it was incredible, very fun, and exciting.

KingMe1220
12-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Hey, it was fun playing with you guys last night. Let's do it again some time.

Doom4you
12-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Okay I have one question...is there going to eventually be a release so that we can play this on our own computer, in single player?

ASecondOpinion
12-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Okay I have one question...is there going to eventually be a release so that we can play this on our own computer, in single player?

I doubt it, as it's server side and gets updated very frequently.

Luke P
12-08-2010, 09:08 PM

I doubt it, as it's server side and gets updated very frequently.
It's server side but it can technically be run on client for local servers. However as SecondOpinion mentioned it's updated very frequently and is always in constant development. And honestly, most people would not be able to handle hosting both it and playing the game. The mod uses quite a bit of processor power.

So if it ever does get fully released, not for a while.

Erretter
12-09-2010, 02:49 AM
Eveyone! Add me as friend! :D (at least for treasure hunt)

Atok
12-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Hey Luke congratulations for the reference in the blog!!!!

At least now we know that the L4D team recognize your hard work, Keep it going men!!!!!!!

link: http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=4769

w0bbl3r
12-11-2010, 05:50 PM
I followed the instructions for getting into the server, using the dev console command and all, but nothing happens. Does this mean the server is full? Does it mean I am doing something wrong?
This mod sounds awesome (where most mods are, even though made with great heart and intentions, a bit ♥♥♥♥), and I would love to try it, especially as it makes it darker and gets rid of the annoying (totally REALISTIC, right?) glow around characters when they are out of view.
There is a much simpler fix for this than making them glow like extras from the ghostbusters movie; dont get out of view, people. Its called sticking together as a team, try it sometime, eh?

Luke P
12-11-2010, 06:15 PM
I followed the instructions for getting into the server, using the dev console command and all, but nothing happens. Does this mean the server is full? Does it mean I am doing something wrong?
This mod sounds awesome (where most mods are, even though made with great heart and intentions, a bit ♥♥♥♥), and I would love to try it, especially as it makes it darker and gets rid of the annoying (totally REALISTIC, right?) glow around characters when they are out of view.
There is a much simpler fix for this than making them glow like extras from the ghostbusters movie; dont get out of view, people. Its called sticking together as a team, try it sometime, eh?
If you're using the "mm_dedicated_force_servers <ip>" command, you need to enter it in console and then start your game lobby, and if the server is not occupied it will start the lobby onto the server. If you're in the steam group the servers should appear in your steam group servers so you'll know if they're occupied or not. If they are, you can simply join through there.

Luke P
12-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Bump

Some new stuff coming shortly.

KingMe1220
12-18-2010, 08:21 AM
Just a quick note to anyone who wants to play this: Do not attempt to do the Dead Air finale on expert, it is impossible. Unless you have Luke there to give you a 5th team mate.

In that case, you will all die except for the new guy.

Luke P
12-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Just a quick note to anyone who wants to play this: Do not attempt to do the Dead Air finale on expert, it is impossible. Unless you have Luke there to give you a 5th team mate.

In that case, you will all die except for the new guy.
Heh, that certainly was quite a tough game. Expert is called expert for a reason!

Luke P
12-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Bump. Going to post the 1000 update stuff here so this post isn't completely empty, but basically we did a big update to celebrate 1000 members in the steam group :P

It all started down in the south pacific in a tiny country where people don’t speak English and public latrines consist of a street curb, when sitting in a tiny café I met a man with a brilliantly waxed handle-bar moustache and a bag full of pistols and money. The locals knew this man as Long-dong Foo, but to a Canadian far from home with no trees to cut or flap-jacks to eat (those ‘r pancakes for you non-Canadians) this man was simply known as Luke. So he walks over to where I’m sitting, this Long-dong Foo does, and he smiles at me as I sip back my grande low-fat mocha latte with soy, which is odd, because ever since I’d explained to the locals how I’d make hats outta beaver fur people had been looking at me funny, and kept glancing up at my head with looks of mild disgust. So this man, this Long-dong man, sits down opposite me in that tiny café where people don’t speak English, and he says: “Say there stranger, I see you are drinking a grande low-fat mocha latte with soy, and ain’t that a fact, because it just so happens I order the very same thing. Maybe we have something in common.”
“Do you make hats out of beaver hair?” I ask, lowering my beverage.
“No man,” he looks at me with an awkward cringe, “that’s just weird.”
Turn out though that this Long-dong and I had much more in common that I thought… aside from the obvious I mean… and it was there – between trips back and forth between the curb – that we first started talking about Apocalypse Mod.

That was 1000 members ago…

Now, a million miles away, in a country you’ve never been to, on an island you’ve never heard of, in secret base you’ll never imagine, two people you’ll never meet have done something really really awesome…
And then there’s us, sitting in Luke’s mom’s basement eating pizza with mountain dew and going on three weeks without bathing… And yes, we’re onto something really really awesome too.

The 1000 Update!

Now Apocalypse Mod is the first mod to incorporate dynamic finales – finales that are altered and adapted according to how you have played in the campaign as well as in the finale itself – and have alter the standard ‘tank time’ to produce a more varied and far less predictable end-game for Apocalypse. Not to mention that tanks themselves are quite a bit more crafty now (oh yes, thems be sneaky lil’ buggers!) and will be drawn to attack whoever damages them most, as well as other AI tank changes.

Also added is a 4th unique Apocalypse-exclusive item: the illusive (and highly exciting!) BTB – or Battery Trip Bomb. This little number is the Apocalypse home-made equivalent of a claymore mine, which incorporates a proximity sensitive explosive that can be used on its own to blast zombies into bits or be combined with propane or gasoline to make a much larger trip-trap.

usbfridge
12-29-2010, 05:29 PM
Hahaha :D Yeah, my fault OFC^^ Glad I could provide some entertainment for you :)

If this was an appocalyspe, and we were all in the safehouse on a roof sniping zombies, you'd somehow fall into a door and kill us all in someway. I dunno, you just come across as that big of a jerk.

Luke P
01-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Bump...

Oh haha, this is post 404.

marve
01-05-2011, 12:10 PM
It's server side but it can technically be run on client for local servers. However as SecondOpinion mentioned it's updated very frequently and is always in constant development. And honestly, most people would not be able to handle hosting both it and playing the game. The mod uses quite a bit of processor power.

So if it ever does get fully released, not for a while.

You're right, most people. But for those that could it would be nice to release it. I mean I have two 20-versus servers and would love to see it running there.

Your only European server is a UK one limited to 8-players, so if u would consider a release I would be happy.

I can help you a lot with testing and we even got a dev on our team.

Luke P
01-08-2011, 05:12 PM
You're right, most people. But for those that could it would be nice to release it. I mean I have two 20-versus servers and would love to see it running there.

Your only European server is a UK one limited to 8-players, so if u would consider a release I would be happy.

I can help you a lot with testing and we even got a dev on our team.
The plan is to release it in full once it's "done", however being an ongoing project, most likely when it's stable enough and is a suitable candidate for release. Once such a time starts to approach I'll be looking for server owners to host it.

However, it will not work on any servers with more than 4 survivors. The mod was designed entirely with 4 survivors in mind, and it simply wont work with more than 4. After release perhaps some rough support could be worked out however.

KingMe1220
01-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Hey Luke, any chance that we could know what you've been working on in L4D2 hammer lately?
Hopefully something cool.

Luke P
01-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Hey Luke, any chance that we could know what you've been working on in L4D2 hammer lately?
Hopefully something cool.
Top secret.

I think.

mike576
01-14-2011, 11:24 PM
I just have to say this is the greatest mod ever. I love the lighting and color correction, it looks amazing. It also adds that challenge that I loved about expert until I started getting better and expert became easy. This makes expert really hard again and I love it. Everyone needs to try this mod.

El_Vaquero_SWC
01-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Emm, bump...

Luke P
01-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Emm, bump...
All I read was "Needs more update goodness"

January 21st update

There was a lot of not-so-fun stuff that had to be done, mainly a lot of stability problems and balance tweaks that you have all been bugging me about. This should hopefully fix a lot of those issues.

Changelog:

-Can no longer use custom items while incapacitated
-Flares now die out after 2 minutes to encourage using the lantern for permanent lighting
-Dynamic Director is now less evil on finale maps
-Witches now take even more damage from explosives
-Fixed not having glows after disconnecting from an Apocalypse server
-Fixed guns not getting randomized on first map of the game
-Really really fixed map change crashes this time
-Fixed Dynamic Director cranking up his timescale

Some less boring new stuff will be coming soon!

This thread sure has been quiet as of late.

LordVezon
02-01-2011, 10:40 AM
bumpity

Alt
02-02-2011, 06:20 AM
Sorry!

An error was encountered while processing your request:

No group could be retrieved for the given URL.

Here's a link to the Steam Community home page.

(reply)

Mattf121
02-02-2011, 09:39 AM
I like the look of the mod from the first page, except for crawling survivors, Constant horde on vs, and the non tiered weapons. Would be interested in implementing the rest of the changes of one of my servers so is there a way to upload the mod and turn those features off with a cvar?

Vire
02-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Yeah, how do we join the group? IT says it doesn't exist.

Also, really pleased that you've got a Sydney server (assuming it's still up).

[EDIT]

Just tried to join the Sydney server via Server Browser and it just dumped me straight back into main menu. Here's what the console said;

Connecting to public(118.127.19.247:27015)
Sending UDP connect to public IP 118.127.19.247:27015
Invalid protocol, expecting 1024, got 1023
BinkOpen( e:\steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\media\l4d_crashcourse_bg.bik )

Luke P
02-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Sorry!

An error was encountered while processing your request:

No group could be retrieved for the given URL.

Here's a link to the Steam Community home page.

(reply)
Sorry about that, a character got cut off when I updated the OP. Should be fixed.

Yeah, how do we join the group? IT says it doesn't exist.

Also, really pleased that you've got a Sydney server (assuming it's still up).

[EDIT]

Just tried to join the Sydney server via Server Browser and it just dumped me straight back into main menu. Here's what the console said;

Connecting to public(118.127.19.247:27015)
Sending UDP connect to public IP 118.127.19.247:27015
Invalid protocol, expecting 1024, got 1023
BinkOpen( e:\steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\media\l4d_crashcourse_bg.bik )

The servers needed to be updated after the recent (pointless) L4D update - should be fixed in a couple of minutes.

prof.farnsworth
02-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Hi,
I just found out about this mod and it seems very interesting. is there any possibility that I can put this on our server to play a bit around with it?

I read that its done with various plugins, over sourcemod i guess. especially the dynamic director seems very interesting, but i couldn't find anything about it in the alliedmodders forum, except your Varying Zombie Population Mod and the ammunition Mod. Will there be a package sometime soon where we can get all the apocalypse goodness for our server? pretty please? :)

oh, and one last question: does the varying population mod work with rotoblin config? that would be awesome.

thx for trying to keep one of the best games in the last 10 years interesting and alive.

Luke P
02-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi,
I just found out about this mod and it seems very interesting. is there any possibility that I can put this on our server to play a bit around with it?

I read that its done with various plugins, over sourcemod i guess. especially the dynamic director seems very interesting, but i couldn't find anything about it in the alliedmodders forum, except your Varying Zombie Population Mod and the ammunition Mod. Will there be a package sometime soon where we can get all the apocalypse goodness for our server? pretty please? :)

oh, and one last question: does the varying population mod work with rotoblin config? that would be awesome.

thx for trying to keep one of the best games in the last 10 years interesting and alive.
There's no set release date yet - there's still a lot of stuff to do still. For a couple of reasons that I wont get into, right now it's just a lot easier to keep it on the "official" Apocalypse servers - however we're looking into some things that we can do about that, such as giving donators some limited control and more options.

As for the varying zombie population, it should work fine with Rotoblin as far as I know - I'm surprised that people keep bringing it up, I made that a long long time ago.

DigitalSpencer
02-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Hey I'm looking for anyone who plays this mod on the Sydney server. Anyone keen to organise a versus match?

LordVezon
03-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Sorry everyone, Luke's been a bit busy the past few weeks. :/

InfiniVide
03-14-2011, 02:40 PM
I've played this server mod twice and both times it left me more than a little frustrated. The glow outlines are removed from the survivors but that doesn't just go for the server itself...if I join another server without the mod or play singleplayer, the outlines are still gone. We are also unable to vote to return to the lobby to try getting a different server, which is extremely irritating and more trouble than it's worth.

NabsterHax
03-14-2011, 03:54 PM
I've played this server mod twice and both times it left me more than a little frustrated. The glow outlines are removed from the survivors but that doesn't just go for the server itself...if I join another server without the mod or play singleplayer, the outlines are still gone. We are also unable to vote to return to the lobby to try getting a different server, which is extremely irritating and more trouble than it's worth.

So, you're saying that because you aren't interested in the mod, it's bad.

InfiniVide
03-15-2011, 12:32 AM
So, you're saying that because you aren't interested in the mod, it's bad.

I didn't say anything of the sort. Given the fact that my opinion is, in fact, my own, I generally don't feel bold enough to label anything "bad" or "good." If you like it, go right ahead and play it, don't see why it should bother me. I'm only stating that as I'm not personally interested, I feel like there should be more options to allow players who do not wish to play to go ahead and pass. If there were the ability to vote to return to the lobby, I would not be here right now. If I didn't have to restart my game to return the survivor outlines, I would not be here. I'm not criticizing any particular aspect of the gameplay, I'm only offering critique toward some of the technical issues I've experienced.

Teal_Blue
03-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Hi, :)

I'm new, like all of two weeks playing the game (l4d1) and really, really like l4d1, though it is a little 'intense', haha, but wanted to ask about the 'mod'? you mentioned. Is it like available as like a map? or campaign?

I don't know what you call it, is it a mod? How do you install a mod for l4d1 on the computer, not a server? Or do i install it on the computer and it is a server?

Sorry for not knowing, i'm not like very computer knowledgeable.

Anyway, thank you for listening,
Sincerely,

-Teal

NabsterHax
03-19-2011, 06:24 AM
Hi, :)

I'm new, like all of two weeks playing the game (l4d1) and really, really like l4d1, though it is a little 'intense', haha, but wanted to ask about the 'mod'? you mentioned. Is it like available as like a map? or campaign?

I don't know what you call it, is it a mod? How do you install a mod for l4d1 on the computer, not a server? Or do i install it on the computer and it is a server?

Sorry for not knowing, i'm not like very computer knowledgeable.

Anyway, thank you for listening,
Sincerely,

-Teal

I believe Apocalypse Mod is only available on Apocalypse Mod servers at the moment.

Luke P
03-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Bump

Some more new stuff on the way - Working towards eventually doing some releases to get as many people playing as possible. Also Apocalypse Survival will be coming...soon.

LordVezon
04-22-2011, 07:45 AM
badum bump tssh

Bighawkeye
04-25-2011, 07:11 AM
had 1 go.....looks good....will be back l8r when other peeps are on..

Daygall65
04-30-2011, 07:54 PM
BUMP
because this was the last post on page 2 and this thread CAN NOT DISAPPEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Bindal
05-07-2011, 11:57 AM
You REALLY need to fix that thing. Just randomly landed on a server, quit 'cause I didn't want to play this mod, went on a local server instead and STILL had half the changes from the mod (no outlines, changes ammo).
Really ruined the fun for us.

Luke P
05-07-2011, 12:12 PM
You REALLY need to fix that thing. Just randomly landed on a server, quit 'cause I didn't want to play this mod, went on a local server instead and STILL had half the changes from the mod (no outlines, changes ammo).
Really ruined the fun for us.

The glow issue was fixed a while ago - Unless you disconnected in a method that killed server connection as opposed to the usual method of leaving a game, they should have been reset to default glows (Just tested this out to make sure).

Ammo changes shouldn't carry over to local games as far as I know (tested this as well without any problems it seems) - but restarting the game will reset anything if there's a problem. Beyond that, nothing I can do - that's just how the engine works. Of course, none of the actual server settings can carry over - just anything that is replicated on the client, and the only thing changed on the client in Apocalypse is the glows, everything else is simulated server side.

Bindal
05-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Still had said problem. We left via vote and in the local server after that we had no glows, different ammo and probably a few other changes. None should be there.

(One more reason there shouldn't be mods for L4D in the first place)

Luke P
05-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Still had said problem. We left via vote and in the local server after that we had no glows, different ammo and probably a few other changes. None should be there.

(One more reason there shouldn't be mods for L4D in the first place)
If you don't like it, don't play it.

The anti-mod community is thataway -----> (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=611)

Bindal
05-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Guess what I tried? Not to play it - but the way the game works, I still had no option not to play with the mod after leaving the server with it without restarting the game (which we wanted to avoid with an almost full lobby on a custom campaign).

Luke P
05-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Guess what I tried? Not to play it - but the way the game works, I still had no option not to play with the mod after leaving the server with it without restarting the game (which we wanted to avoid with an almost full lobby on a custom campaign).
There's a quote from the folks at Valve somewhere, I don't have the energy to find it but it goes like this.
What server owners do on their servers is entirely up to them.
And technically, you chose to play on it the moment you connected to it. Official dedicated is always an option - with custom campaigns you know you're going to be put on a third party server, which has a possibility of there being mods, all of which have the possibility of messing with some of your settings.

(Also - You're not playing the mod - some of your settings were just changed, specifically cl_glow_ convars - I guess return lobby votes don't count as a proper disconnect, I'll have to look into it.)

Bindal
05-07-2011, 01:34 PM
That I have no way to choose if I want to play on a modded server or not is something you know, right? When I want to play a custom campaign unmodded, then there is no way to garatuee that in the first place. And when said mods even have effects on the game AFTER leaving the server, then there is clearly something wrong with mods in general - or that the game isn't supposed to be modded.

If there would be a serverbrowser, then yes, I would usually know about what kind of mods I should expect. But in games with lobbies, that doesn't work (and L4D needs lobbies when you want to have at least SOME control of the game like being able to start at the beginning of a campaign rather in the middle)

Zeratulz
05-12-2011, 08:48 AM
Shame there's no download, wanted to give this a go with 2 of my buds on one of my own servers. Anyhow, amazing job. Loved the videos and pictures I've seen. Keep up the good work.

Daygall65
05-19-2011, 07:11 AM
bump....

Grabbin Peelz
05-20-2011, 10:58 PM
That was interesting, had a great time playing with random people I didn't know on the Seattle server. We kind of gave up at the finale because it was too difficult but we had fun just messing around killing each other, lol.

I get the different lighting and director but the way the weapons worked confused me.

LordVezon
06-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Bump. :(

∙A.I∙
06-08-2011, 04:32 PM
The thing I noticed on my playthrough was the lack of Special Infected, Map 1 we got bombarded with hunters and smokers but the others all lacked special infected. We got one boomer on Map 2, One Tank on Map 3 and Map 4 was clean of SI.

We played No Mercy on the UK Server.

Demaar
06-09-2011, 07:14 AM
I love this mod. No Mercy looks so much better visually than vanilla. I kinda like the look of vanilla Blood Harvest and Death Toll more than the Apoc. Mod look personally, but that's just me.

And it's hard as hell, which I really like lol

The finales can sometimes last way too long in versus though, with no tank ever showing up. Which gets frustrating, fatiguing, and boring very fast.

But coop mode is just plain awesome.

Keldorn
06-09-2011, 10:57 AM
That I have no way to choose if I want to play on a modded server or not is something you know, right? When I want to play a custom campaign unmodded, then there is no way to garatuee that in the first place.

Probably completly unreleated whatever to this thread.. But I think this is what really hurt custom content. You can see custom content is working in the sequel with valve hosting some of them officially on their unmodded servers. The truth probably without a doubt is most people hate mods, also most people dont have enough upstream bandwidth to hosting localserver. So playing custom campaigns in l4d is so frustrating because most of the servers that host custom campaigns have mods. Also sometimes people mistake those mods are something the campaign actually has/does and complain to the map author. Then the author is left scratching their heads.

BLuel4bel
06-13-2011, 10:54 AM
OK, I only read the first post and I've checked out the steam group. Is this mod available for anyone with a server? I'm pretty sure this mod could chest paddle L4D1 a little. Look at this L4D2 group for example: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RealVS

Random people playing organized games with each other on Realism VS, how cool is that? We need this stuff for L4D1 and this apocalypse mod is perfect for that. It could really help L4D1 survive for a little longer.

Bindal
06-13-2011, 10:58 AM
To "chest paddle" L4D1 with a mod, two things have to happen
a) the game needs to finally SUPPORT mods (not this broken mess where voting back to lobby still means having half of the mod installed and where you can't even choose if you want to play with a mod or not)
b) the players have to WANT mods - but almost everyone I met in this game doesn't.

LordVezon
06-13-2011, 11:00 AM
Luke's working on a way to 'package' the mod so that anyone with a server can download and run it on said server. Probably subject to Valve time, even though he doesn't work for 'em. ;)

coffee2go
06-13-2011, 11:44 AM
[...]

Random people playing organized games with each other on Realism VS, how cool is that? We need this stuff for L4D1 and this apocalypse mod is perfect for that. It could really help L4D1 survive for a little longer.

Start it ;)

ldccrvs
06-19-2011, 06:55 AM
amazing, the images are fantastic

Luke P
06-24-2011, 03:04 PM
El Bumpo

HawkeSolaris
06-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Just throwing this out here, don't suppose this mod could maybe try and bring back the beta reload animations?
As far as I'm aware, they still exist in game:
-The Pistol used to have the character pull the barrels on the pistols back (still seen in third person).
-The M4 rifle had the character pull on the right side of the gun when reloading (still seen in third person).
-The Hunting rifle had the same thing as the M4 (seen in in third person).

Might help make things more difficult if you reload those weapons slower, fitting the apocalypse. Just a suggestion though, don't even know if it can be done.

Snookers
06-30-2011, 02:12 PM
Just throwing this out here, don't suppose this mod could maybe try and bring back the beta reload animations?
As far as I'm aware, they still exist in game:
-The Pistol used to have the character pull the barrels on the pistols back (still seen in third person).
-The M4 rifle had the character pull on the right side of the gun when reloading (still seen in third person).
-The Hunting rifle had the same thing as the M4 (seen in in third person).

Might help make things more difficult if you reload those weapons slower, fitting the apocalypse. Just a suggestion though, don't even know if it can be done.

It was attempted but to my knowledge not successfully. The early concept of it was in the mod awhile back but was later removed.

Luke P
06-30-2011, 02:26 PM
It was attempted but to my knowledge not successfully. The early concept of it was in the mod awhile back but was later removed.
It would be possible for a good implementation as a client side mod (ie replacing the animation/model files accordingly) but there were just too many difficulties of doing it on the server, as you're essentially telling a client to play an animation - and the client's busy trying to do a bunch of animation changes every split second. Combine that with lag compensation, player interrupts (shooting, meleeing, etc - an animation doesn't prevent player activity, that would have to be done separately), etc just made it impossible to work flawlessly - the timing that would be required just isn't available with the technology. It worked - just would appear laggy or choppy.

Standards are pretty high for Apocalypse - the level of quality just wasn't good enough to stay in, as it had a direct effect on the players perspective of the game.

I may release that plugin later on though, if anyone's interested in it.

HawkeSolaris
06-30-2011, 05:13 PM
It would be possible for a good implementation as a client side mod (ie replacing the animation/model files accordingly) but there were just too many difficulties of doing it on the server, as you're essentially telling a client to play an animation - and the client's busy trying to do a bunch of animation changes every split second. Combine that with lag compensation, player interrupts (shooting, meleeing, etc - an animation doesn't prevent player activity, that would have to be done separately), etc just made it impossible to work flawlessly - the timing that would be required just isn't available with the technology. It worked - just would appear laggy or choppy.

Standards are pretty high for Apocalypse - the level of quality just wasn't good enough to stay in, as it had a direct effect on the players perspective of the game.

I may release that plugin later on though, if anyone's interested in it.

Understood completely. If you can get a plugin for it, I'm certainly interested.

Luke P
06-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Suppose I should post this here as well:

The Summer Update

On July 7th 2010, Apocalypse Mod was revealed to the public eye on the Steam forums, which means it's almost been a full year since that day. A lot has happened since then, and a lot has changed as well. A quick look at the groups history of announcements shows a great snapshot of all that has happened. From the first servers, to the expansion to more servers, to the first promise of Apocalypse Survival, the creation of the Dynamic Director, and even the mention on the L4D Blog. A lot has happened - and it's all thanks to you - the members of this group, for keeping everything going strong. From playtesting, donating, to suggesting new ideas - this mod is the work of many, not just me. And so on behalf of myself, CAPTAINCANADA, and everyone else I can possibly represent - Thank you.

And now, on with the update!

ApocalypseMod.com - We have a website!

'Bout freakin' time. Go ahead, check it out - I'll wait.

Done? Ok, moving on.

The Summer Update - Part 1

The Summer Update will consist of several updates over the course of July and August as part of the summer rapid update schedule (more on that below)

- Split Apocalypse Mod into Development Build and Release Build

Throughout the development process of this past year, a lot has been learned. Apocalypse Mod set out to improve Left 4 Dead, and make it something new, something better. We rejected some of the decisions that the original developers had made, and playtested them again to see what would work and what wouldn't. Several changes have been made throughout the year to accomodate the findings of testing out both old and new ideas. Over the past several months a list of things to change has slowly developed, and these are the changes that are going to be taking effect in the Release build of Apocalypse Mod.
The entire mod base has been rewritten from scratch to create the new release build - which means besides from the changes (listed below), it can be updated much more easily, which means more regular updates and bug fixes. As for the summer release schedule, all servers should be updated once or twice a week with the latest build - containing whatever bug fixes, new features, and whatnot the newer version may contain.

ChangeLog
(Please note - not all changes are listed here - lesson learned from the L4D Team - "If you list individual changes people look at the changes not the overall experience"). There's minor and significant changes in this update that effect the overall experience, atmosphere, and feel of the game - you'll just have to play to judge those changes.)

Development Build
- Optimized convar changes on some 400 cvars and some other things
- Windows server support

Release Build
- Optimized convar changes on some 400 cvars and some other things
- Redone all weapons recoil, fire rate, damage, etc.
- Removed Dynamic Paths (for now - they'll be returning)
- Redone versus mode
- Witches on intro and finale maps, tanks on all other maps
- Survivors start with medkits and pills, none found throughout the map
- Fixed bug regarding versus finales not transitioning/ending
- Balancing changes
- Removed several lighting modifications
- Made the lantern a donator-only custom item
- Other changes to various settings

http://apocalypsemod.com/ (http://apocalypsemod.com/index.php)

Ebay
07-04-2011, 05:26 PM
"and can crawl when incapacitated"
They'll never learn =(

Luke P
07-13-2011, 06:32 PM
"and can crawl when incapacitated"
They'll never learn =(
Try, try and try again...

Le Bump!

The last few weeks we've been running low on donations, so if anyone would like to help keep the project alive please consider donating, any amount is helpful!

http://apocalypsemod.com/donate.php

Luke P
08-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Yikes, all the way down at page 4!

I've had to take down both the Atlanta server and the London server. We've been running short on donations the past little while and I'm personally flat broke. It's sad to see them go, especially when we once had 4 servers running and now we're back down to one. Seattle is still up this month, time will tell in the future.

If anyone would care to donate you can do so here (http://apocalypsemod.com/donate.php), it would be much appreciated! Any amount is helpful.

Hoping to get Apocalypse survival out this month, as well as later in the year an open source release so anyone can put it on their servers and modify it to their liking.

DomB8
08-17-2011, 11:36 AM
is there a way to make a mutation that's like "Lone Gunman" in L4D2 ?

I'd need to get rid of all the weapons, give more damage to the single pistol (and perhaps nerf it to 8 shots)

How would I do that?

Luke P
08-17-2011, 12:12 PM
is there a way to make a mutation that's like "Lone Gunman" in L4D2 ?

I'd need to get rid of all the weapons, give more damage to the single pistol (and perhaps nerf it to 8 shots)

How would I do that?

You'd need to change the weapon scripts to change weapon damage/clip size (scripts/weapon_pistol.txt) and removing other weapons should be possible with the Apoc Mutations Mod, I'll see if I can update it to include that.

DomB8
08-17-2011, 12:55 PM
You'd need to change the weapon scripts to change weapon damage/clip size (scripts/weapon_pistol.txt) and removing other weapons should be possible with the Apoc Mutations Mod, I'll see if I can update it to include that.

What are the "Mutatee.Mutator" commands to remove the weapons?
Also I'd need the common infected to instakill me when they touch me (just like the Lone Gunman expert)
Is that possible ?

Luke P
08-24-2011, 12:39 AM
What are the "Mutatee.Mutator" commands to remove the weapons?
Also I'd need the common infected to instakill me when they touch me (just like the Lone Gunman expert)
Is that possible ?
I'd have to add them, or anyone else could as the source code is available. I don't have the time right now as I'm busy but I'll see if I can get to it some time. Check the mutations mod thread.

periure
08-25-2011, 04:05 AM
This mod is the best mod for L4D. :)

I hope it will be released today (August 25th).

Luke P
08-26-2011, 05:05 PM
This mod is the best mod for L4D. :)

I hope it will be released today (August 25th).

Derp.

I'll be delaying that to August 31th due to an unplanned error in calculations regarding the space time continuum.

edit: That's the 5th delay so far...My bad.

Luke P
08-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Hello there, people who read this thread!

This time I'm actually here with good news (and a question) instead of excuses for why I'm behind schedule on everything!

Apocalypse Mod is being released super soon! I'm doing the final code revision and as much testing as I can before this Beta release of the mod. The release will include all of the source code. What does this mean? Well, it means that any dedicated server will be able to host the mod, including you, person reading this who potentially runs a L4D server!

So, here's are my questions to would-be Apocalypse Mod server admins:

What are your server specs? OS?
Would you be running the full of Apocalypse mod, or just specific features?

And a question for everyone,

Would you be interested/able to contribute to the Apoc code base?

I'd like to get a feel for how many server admins would actually like to run Apoc on their server. It's a lot of work for me to get everything together and I could rather be working on the mod itself if there isn't that much interest. Let me know your thoughts!

periure
08-30-2011, 04:54 AM
Hello there, people who read this thread!

This time I'm actually here with good news (and a question) instead of excuses for why I'm behind schedule on everything!

Apocalypse Mod is being released super soon! I'm doing the final code revision and as much testing as I can before this Beta release of the mod. The release will include all of the source code. What does this mean? Well, it means that any dedicated server will be able to host the mod, including you, person reading this who potentially runs a L4D server!

So, here's are my questions to would-be Apocalypse Mod server admins:

I'd like to get a feel for how many server admins would actually like to run Apoc on their server. It's a lot of work for me to get everything together and I could rather be working on the mod itself if there isn't that much interest. Let me know your thoughts!

Fantastic. :D

I going to run the full Apoc mod, and I also would like to get the source code (code base) because if I want to modify the Apoc mod I would be able to it.

(I uses sourcemod plugins from alliedmods forum and many times I try to customize them. So this is why I interested in the source code of the Apocalypse mod.)

I cannot wait for it. :)

crazyhyenabat
09-03-2011, 09:56 AM
I hope it gets released soon, wonder if it will get realesed today

periure
09-18-2011, 02:12 AM
Is this dead? :( :(

Luke P
09-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Nope.

I'm doing the final release coordination tonight. Apocalypse Mod Beta will be released tomorrow.

The beta period will be anywhere from several weeks to a couple months, based on how much feedback I get and overall progress on the mod. I'm hoping to see lots of servers running Apoc!

What I can tell you is that the mod will likely have a lot of updates and changes for the beginning portion of the beta, and it will have to be updated manually. I'll be updating this thread, the steam group, and the website simultaneously to keep everyone up to date.

Luke P
09-19-2011, 08:16 PM
Apocalypse Mod Beta Release!
(http://apocalypsemod.com/news/apocalypse-mod-beta-release.php)

I think that's the first time I've been on schedule...

periure
09-21-2011, 08:19 AM
YEAH! Thanks. :) This mod really improves the gameplay. :D

It looks good, but I have some problems. :(

I got these error messages in my console:

L 09/20/2011 - 13:50:26: [SM] Native "DispatchSpawn" reported: World not allowed
L 09/20/2011 - 13:50:26: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "director.smx":
L 09/20/2011 - 13:50:26: [SM] [0] Line 92, items.sp::RandomizeGuns()
L 09/20/2011 - 13:50:26: [SM] [1] Line 20, items.sp::StartRandomizing()

If I press the "6" button, I get these error messages:

L 09/20/2011 - 13:51:37: [SM] Native "GetClientModel" reported: Client index 0 is invalid
L 09/20/2011 - 13:51:37: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "customitems.smx":
L 09/20/2011 - 13:51:37: [SM] [0] Line 325, C:\Users\Luke\Desktop\My Dropbox\Apocalypse\include\apocalypse.inc::IsLouis ()
L 09/20/2011 - 13:51:37: [SM] [1] Line 336, C:\Users\Luke\Desktop\My Dropbox\Apocalypse\customitems.sp::ButtonPressed()

I don't have the barricade and the dark lighting. Image:
http://i55.tinypic.com/2r7ajyw.jpg

I updated my sourcemod and installed the files only from ApocMod_0.1.0.zip. Here are my sourcemod and metamod versions:

[06] SourceMod (1.3.8) by AlliedModders LLC
[07] Stripper (1.2.2) by BAILOPAN
[08] SDK Hooks (2.0.0) by Tsunami, psychonic
[09] BinTools (1.3.8) by AlliedModders LLC
[10] SDK Tools (1.3.8) by AlliedModders LLC

metamod_version 1.8.7V

I forgot/left a plugin or something?

Luke P
09-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Tried replying to this on my phone yesterday but apparently it didn't post! Sorry about that.
YEAH! Thanks. :) This mod really improves the gameplay. :D

It looks good, but I have some problems. :(

I got these error messages in my console:

L 09/20/2011 - 13:50:26: [SM] Native "DispatchSpawn" reported: World not allowed
L 09/20/2011 - 13:50:26: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "director.smx":
L 09/20/2011 - 13:50:26: [SM] [0] Line 92, items.sp::RandomizeGuns()
L 09/20/2011 - 13:50:26: [SM] [1] Line 20, items.sp::StartRandomizing()

This is a known error, but doesn't prevent anything from working. Will see if I can fix that one later.

If I press the "6" button, I get these error messages:

L 09/20/2011 - 13:51:37: [SM] Native "GetClientModel" reported: Client index 0 is invalid
L 09/20/2011 - 13:51:37: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "customitems.smx":
L 09/20/2011 - 13:51:37: [SM] [0] Line 325, C:\Users\Luke\Desktop\My Dropbox\Apocalypse\include\apocalypse.inc::IsLouis ()
L 09/20/2011 - 13:51:37: [SM] [1] Line 336, C:\Users\Luke\Desktop\My Dropbox\Apocalypse\customitems.sp::ButtonPressed()

Are you by any chance running on a local server?
If so, that would explain it.

I don't have the barricade and the dark lighting. Image:
http://i55.tinypic.com/2r7ajyw.jpg

I updated my sourcemod and installed the files only from ApocMod_0.1.0.zip. Here are my sourcemod and metamod versions:

[06] SourceMod (1.3.8) by AlliedModders LLC
[07] Stripper (1.2.2) by BAILOPAN
[08] SDK Hooks (2.0.0) by Tsunami, psychonic
[09] BinTools (1.3.8) by AlliedModders LLC
[10] SDK Tools (1.3.8) by AlliedModders LLC

metamod_version 1.8.7V

I forgot/left a plugin or something?
The lighting and dynamic paths aren't in the beta yet. Will be adding those in soon.

Edit: 0.1.1 has the old Apocalypse lighting, just finished it
Edit 2: The website might be spotty for the next day or two, I'm switching to a better host.

Luke P
10-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Bump...

Luke P
10-20-2011, 06:59 PM
A wild bump appeared...

Luke P
10-30-2011, 01:45 PM
Just a heads up, Apocalypse Survival is transitioning into open testing. Check the group for events. Once it's out of what I might as well call "alpha" and into more beta (mainly locking in features) it will be added to the Apocalypse Mod Beta release.

Also, the website now has a download section complete with 7 custom campaigns that are on the Apoc server. No wait times or logging in, just download away. (http://apocalypsemod.com/downloads.php)

Luke P
11-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Apocalypse Mod 0.1.2 is released. This contains the "alpha" of Apocalypse Survival. Previously survival did not work at all on servers running Apocalypse, which needless to say would be quite disapointing to those who happen to connect to an Apoc server. Apocalypse Survival is in no way complete, but now there's a functioning base for servers to run and to build on development wise. It's not regular survival obviously, so feel free to give it a try.

As usual, you can get it on the website (http://apocalypsemod.com/).

Luke P
11-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Bump

Also, minor edit - I've updated 0.1.2 again as of today. Just a tiny fix for a couple bugs in survival mode, didn't bother to increment the version number - but update (http://apocalypsemod.com/dev/apocalypsemod.php) if you're running the older version.

Luke P
11-21-2011, 05:21 PM
I feel like I'm talking to myself here, but the recent announcement from the group:

With the seemingly overwhelming support for the notion of expanding into Left 4 Dead 2, early development has begun and we're more or less officially venturing into L4D2. Not that there wasn't concerns, and I'm confident we can work those concerns out. We're not leaving or neglecting L4D1 by any means, but we are moving on towards L4D2, and I'm quite excited to say so!

The L4D2 version of Apocalypse Mod will not be a port of L4D1's Apoc - Quite the contrary. In a different game different things work in different ways. The main design goal of Apoc remains the same: Create a survival horror atmosphere that encourages teamwork, coordination, and is infinitely enjoyable. There's not going to be any hunters wearing hats or any other sillyness added - Apoc's design direction is obviously different than L4D2s, and that will be reflected as such.

Now, with this expansion, a number of things are going to have to happen. We're going to need (at least one) Left 4 Dead 2 Server. However, as the servers are run on donations and there's not going to be any priority given to either - donators can (if they'd like) specifically request which server they would like to contribute to (this is so that in the case that we are short, we know which server is going down). Of course we did this before with locations (location-specific donators keeping up specifically located servers) so the same idea applies.

The Left 4 Dead 1 server is still payed for until the end of November - so that is our time frame to collect donations towards either server. I'll go ahead and link to the donation page and get it out of the way: http://apocalypsemod.com/donate.php Please donate if you can - This project entirely relies on you folks supporting it!

Now, depending on what happens with the servers, the date official Alpha of L4D2 could vary. However, what is planned right now is this:

November 20th to December 1st - New Server, early development
December 1st to December 14th - Alpha development, open playtesting
December 15th - 'Alpha', announced to L4D2 forums
January 5th - Continued development

Obviously this is a very rough outline and not set in stone, but it's the rough idea.

This is a very big move for Apocalypse, and has potential to be quite successful! Over the next few days/weeks I'll be giving some more details as to features, changes, etc as well as speaking with a few people and getting them on board for things like playtesters, admins, etc - as it's likely we'll have a lot more people around once we're dealing with the L4D2 crowd.

With that, I shall end this rather large announcement. Apocalypse Mod is expanding to Left 4 Dead 2!

Nostalgia man
11-26-2011, 06:37 AM
I thought self bumping your own threads eventually would get you ban?

loraliromance
11-30-2011, 09:08 PM
I don't care if he does it, but usually it does get you banned. However, VALVe doesn't look at this forum at all, so nobody notices.

KingMe1220
01-21-2012, 12:08 PM
What console command did you use to reduce the distance that the bots stray away from you?

marvinerzz
03-07-2012, 01:45 AM
dude, pls update the mutations mod for l4d1 so that common zombie speed can be changed. and the finale seems to not end as there seems to be a quota for the finale zombies killed. I tried a mutation so that I'm all alone against everything zombie, I set population max to 15, and the finale won't seem to end until I kill a specific number of commons.

EVILKABLE
03-10-2012, 11:24 AM
nice! L4d 1 forever! :3

Luke P
10-03-2012, 05:31 PM
A rather unexpected return - Click here for event page (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Left4DeadApocalypse#events/1029329127034283105)

A sudden throwback to Apocalypse Mod? What?

Yep. We're going to play through Apocalypse Mod - All of it. That's all of the official campaigns. And we're going to immortalize it all, in video form!

For this, I'm hoping that some of the old Apocalypse Mod veterans will come and play, and perhaps some new folks too. Obviously there's only 4 slots available, and we'd also like to have a few backups lined up. I'll make an announcement when all slots are reserved and so on. Players with mics will be given priority, as we're hoping to give the best example of Apocalypse Mod that we can. The time for this event is flexible and may be changed to accomodate when people can play, when in doubt just leave a message here or talk to me on steam.

What happens after this? We'll have to see.

We're back.

Luke P
11-22-2012, 06:14 PM
A much needed bump/update:

We finally have some gameplay video footage of Apocalypse in action. Check it out by clicking here (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC9RWAecpqhl_qnCw8-GJcEphoOySY16n&feature=view_all).