PDA

View Full Version : CSS crashes

dowon5
07-09-2010, 05:47 PM
After like 15 seconds into a server, the game just crashes and the sound stutters and the whole screen freezes. Can anyone help?

dowon5
07-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Please help.

Suave145
07-09-2010, 06:05 PM
I have something similar but you should be more descriptive is all I think. show Console errors before then game crashed .

dowon5
07-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Do hl2 crash files help?

Suave145
07-09-2010, 06:10 PM
If you can copy and paste the error into text.

dowon5
07-09-2010, 06:13 PM
And how do you do that?

Slayer00
07-09-2010, 06:14 PM
I have something similar but you should be more descriptive is all I think. show Console errors before then game crashed .
Well if the game crashes you can't view the console...

There should be .mdmp files on your Steam\steamapps\username\counter-strike source folder and for crashing you need to put the game to log console to a text file with -condebug launch option.

dowon5
07-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Error: Material "particle/muzzleflash/noisecloud1" uses unknown shader "Spritecard"
maxplayers set to 32
Error: Material "debug/debugwireframe" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "debug/debugworldwireframe" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "debug/debugworldwireframezbuffer" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "debug/debugbrushwireframe" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "debug/debugdecalwireframe" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "debug/debugleafviswireframe" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "debug/debugwireframevertexcolor" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "debug/debugwireframevertexcolorignorez" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "debug/debugmrmwireframe" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
failed to create shader
failed to create shader
Error: Material "___debugdrawenvmapmask_2" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "___debugdepth_3" uses unknown shader "WireFrame"
Error: Material "___debugdepth_4" uses unknown shader "WireFrame"
Error: Material "___wireframe_dx9_5" uses unknown shader "Wireframe_DX9"
Error: Material "//platform/materials/debug/debugmrmwireframe" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "//platform/materials/debug/debugmrmwireframezbuffer" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "//platform/materials/debug/debugmrmnormals" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "//platform/materials/debug/debugworldwireframe" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Steam config directory: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\kiwiiboii\counter-strike source\platform\config
Parent cvar in server.dll not allowed (props_break_max_pieces)
Unknown command "cl_thirdperson"
Can't use cheat cvar cam_snapto in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar cam_ideallag in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar cam_idealdelta in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar cam_idealyaw in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar cam_idealpitch in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar cam_idealdist in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar cam_idealdistright in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar cam_idealdistup in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar cam_collision in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar c_maxpitch in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar c_minpitch in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar c_maxyaw in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar c_minyaw in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar c_maxdistance in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar c_mindistance in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar c_orthowidth in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar c_orthoheight in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar cl_upspeed in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar cl_forwardspeed in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar cl_backspeed in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Unknown command "r_decal_cullsize"
Can't use cheat cvar fog_start in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar fog_end in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar fog_color in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar fog_colorskybox in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar fog_color in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar fog_colorskybox in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar fog_startskybox in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar fog_endskybox in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar r_farz in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar r_farz in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

dowon5
07-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Please reply.

dowon5
07-10-2010, 11:26 AM
BUMP?

Malak101
07-10-2010, 12:05 PM
I Googled some of your errors and came across this thread, I’m not sure if it will help but here you go: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1353229

dowon5
07-11-2010, 10:10 AM
I reinstalled CSS, but now when I try to play it, the css window just opens for 3 secondsa and closes.

Katakis
07-11-2010, 10:28 AM
I have the same probleme since 26 Jun 2010. Before, everything went fine for years, on the same non changed system. The only way to avoid this for me is, to start with "-nosound" Playing like this is senseless...

Software status is still BETA!

dowon5
07-12-2010, 08:58 AM
Ok, CSS works now..but I think I figured out what was crashing it. Whenever someone throws a nade, CSS freezes. Does anyone have a solution to the nade crash?

jabird
07-13-2010, 02:21 PM
yeah dude i have the same problem, when a nade is thrown it boots me....will you please notify me when you find out whats wrong!? I miss CS!!! haha
when we get it up and runnin I wanna play you on iceworld.

jabird
07-13-2010, 02:23 PM
somebody help!!!!!!!!

hisham.albeik
07-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Does it happen when the nade is thrown or when it's detonates?

NotSoCoolJ
07-13-2010, 02:45 PM
somebody help!!!!!!!!

Upload the crash dump some where where some one can take a look at it. We can't be mind readers.

jabird
07-13-2010, 02:52 PM
it happens when the nade explodes. I have a lot of this on my console.

ShaderAPIDX8::CreateD3DTexture: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

jabird
07-13-2010, 02:53 PM
and error messages are all over the console config too. I'm not a console guru obviously so i need help...haha

jabird
07-13-2010, 02:54 PM
Error: Material "particle/muzzleflash/noisecloud1" uses unknown shader "Spritecard"
maxplayers set to 32
Error: Material "debug/debugwireframe" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "debug/debugworldwireframe" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "debug/debugworldwireframezbuffer" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "debug/debugbrushwireframe" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "debug/debugdecalwireframe" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "debug/debugleafviswireframe" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "debug/debugwireframevertexcolor" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "debug/debugwireframevertexcolorignorez" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "debug/debugmrmwireframe" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
failed to create shader
failed to create shader
Error: Material "___debugdrawenvmapmask_2" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "___debugdepth_3" uses unknown shader "WireFrame"
Error: Material "___debugdepth_4" uses unknown shader "WireFrame"
Error: Material "___wireframe_dx9_5" uses unknown shader "Wireframe_DX9"
Error: Material "//platform/materials/debug/debugmrmwireframe" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "//platform/materials/debug/debugmrmwireframezbuffer" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "//platform/materials/debug/debugmrmnormals" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Error: Material "//platform/materials/debug/debugworldwireframe" uses unknown shader "Wireframe"
Steam config directory: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\bukanah4\counter-strike source\platform\config
Parent cvar in server.dll not allowed (props_break_max_pieces)
Unknown command "cl_thirdperson"
Can't use cheat cvar cam_snapto in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
Can't use cheat cvar cam_ideallag in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.

jabird
07-13-2010, 02:56 PM
what's a crash dump?
I'm a newb bro....
not sure at all what to do.

hisham.albeik
07-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Delete your config files (make back ups if you need to).
Then set "-autoconfig" in launch options.

jabird
07-13-2010, 02:59 PM
ok, one question....lol
how do i delete those files?

hisham.albeik
07-13-2010, 03:01 PM
Normally they'd be in
c:\program files\steam\steamapps\<yourusername>\counter-strike source\cstrike\cfg

To set launch options
right click css in steam, properties->launch options, then add "-autoconfig"

jabird
07-13-2010, 03:02 PM
ok i found it, just delete the file named cfg?

jabird
07-13-2010, 03:10 PM
i deleted config and entered -autoconfig
no luck... there is still these

Error: Material "particle/muzzleflash

jabird
07-13-2010, 03:14 PM
anything else i can try?? someone!!?? haha

hisham.albeik
07-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Try reducing your video settings to the lowest settings. Just to test. Let us know if it still crashes.

jabird
07-13-2010, 04:10 PM
nope still boots me...every time i see a grenade get thrown or hear "fire in the hole" it glitches then boots me. idk...

hisham.albeik
07-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Can you try creating a listen server, (just click create server in main menu), and just sit there in ct/t spawn for a while, and see if you get booted or not.

If it doesn't crash, buy a grenade and throw it.

Jay Stelly
07-13-2010, 04:50 PM
The renderer is not loading correctly on your system. What are your system specs? What graphics card?

Also try verifying your game files:
Right click on Counter-strike source in steam, choose properties. Then pick the "Local Files" tab and press the verify button.

It may be that some of your game files are corrupt or modified and this will check that.

jabird
07-14-2010, 12:54 PM
well i tried both of those and it didn't work. I'm not sure what graphics card i have but i bet it's because it can't make out the explosion. Maybe the graphics are too much for it to handle. it freezes and boots me.

Spotter4
07-14-2010, 01:04 PM
The renderer is not loading correctly on your system. What are your system specs? What graphics card?

Also try verifying your game files:
Right click on Counter-strike source in steam, choose properties. Then pick the "Local Files" tab and press the verify button.

It may be that some of your game files are corrupt or modified and this will check that.

I have this problem a lot on my weaker comp.Reinstalling,verifying game files,defragging the cache,lowering my graphics settings,using autoconfig,does NOT do anything.
The fact is that the new CSS is just poorly optimised.

My weaker comp has a GeForce 2 MX 400,1 GB of RAM,and a 2.4 GHZ processor.Before you start telling me to upgrade my weaker computer,it was working fine before the update.Heck,I can run Killing Floor on my weaker comp just fine,but CSS which is uglier crashes whenever someone throws a grenade.

The new explosions and fire effects not only look stupid and rushed,but crash the game on weaker computers.

How about just giving us the old grenade/fire/explosion effects?They looked better than the current ones anyway,there was no reason for the change.

jabird
07-14-2010, 02:23 PM
I have this problem a lot on my weaker comp.Reinstalling,verifying game files,defragging the cache,lowering my graphics settings,using autoconfig,does NOT do anything.
The fact is that the new CSS is just poorly optimised.

My weaker comp has a GeForce 2 MX 400,1 GB of RAM,and a 2.4 GHZ processor.Before you start telling me to upgrade my weaker computer,it was working fine before the update.Heck,I can run Killing Floor on my weaker comp just fine,but CSS which is uglier crashes whenever someone throws a grenade.

The new explosions and fire effects not only look stupid and rushed,but crash the game on weaker computers.

How about just giving us the old grenade/fire/explosion effects?They looked better than the current ones anyway,there was no reason for the change.

ok so what should i do then? get a better computer?? haha

hisham.albeik
07-14-2010, 02:37 PM
GeForce2 Mx 400 doesn't support DX8. You probably was playing with DX7 set. Versions prior to DX8 are no longer supported.

Present
07-14-2010, 09:09 PM
I kinda had the same problem as you but this one is when the Bomb blows up.

By the looks of the steam news, they fixed it but Im not sure since it wont even let me join a server then a window pops up saying "Counter Strike Source: Hl2.exe. - Application Error" comes.

Css worked excellent before the BIG UPDATE came.

sate
07-14-2010, 10:05 PM
More and more bugs are coming from this update, so I hope the programmers can straighten it out.

Samba Pa Ti
07-14-2010, 10:55 PM
More and more bugs are coming from this update, so I hope the programmers can straighten it out.

these arnt bugs, the game no longer supports antique hardware, dx8.1 is the minimum now, i had a dx9 card in 2005 and it only cost me 40 new (a fx5500 which was a piece of crap back then but still supports these games).

dowon5
07-17-2010, 07:12 PM
I still need to answer to the problem please help

dowon5
07-18-2010, 09:41 AM
BUMP?

dowon5
07-20-2010, 10:01 AM
BUMP?