PDA

View Full Version : So we ask for HC CTF and they remove it altogether

akrazyassho
07-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Dont troll just yet, i know its still in the game but the stand alone opition to play it in the game mode type is gone.

Let me start by saying that i have never been more pissed at a company ever before and im not one to get mad easy. Its obvious that they removed it to make room for the new map pack in order to turn a profit. I was gonna buy the new mappack on day one of its release but after trying to start a game w/ my "crew" i soon found out the bad news, CTF was gone. I refuse to spend anymore moremoney on this game unless they bring back CTF.

CTF was the primary game type we played and it was perfect the way it was (except for the respawn time, the fact that it told you where the flag carrier was and adding a HC mode would be nice). I feel like they robbed me of something, and i know im not alone.

I've heard the rumor of someone tweeting that they would try to bring it back, i dont understand why its gone in the first place, from my understanding it runs on the same servers as the other game mode, all the games do, it doesnt matter what type of game mode is played, it just has its own set of rules (eg:CTF, TDM, S&D etc..). Believe it or not this is peer to peer gaming so the server load is nothing and they have the servers to run twice as much traffic w/o any glitches so why remove it.

I wish i could play the people at IW just so i could teabag them.

Any news or updates concerning this would be greatly appreciated :mad:

TheFobb
07-09-2010, 08:01 PM
HC CTF? That's a horrible idea.

gooberx
07-09-2010, 08:11 PM
who is exactly is "we?"

CTF already had one of the lowest numbers in the playlists. Putting a hardcore mode CTF would make zero sense.

TheOnlyTom
07-09-2010, 08:26 PM
I loved CTF, my favourite gamemode - but HC CTF? Are you crazy? I would never play that... that's just a stupid idea.

Oh, and it's not "removed altogether", idiot.

aido727
07-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Tom you are the idiot, he clearly said that he knows it's only the gametype option that is missing, not the games code itself (as it still appears randomly in the Resurgence Mosh Pit)

I can see why CTF was taken away, it DID have the lowest player count at most times and they had to add barebones in a futile attempt to get people who don't like the game because the killstreaks are over powered (but they aren't gonna rush out and play now just cos they added this)

I do agree however, it is really weird for a multiplayer first person shooter to NOT have CTF

akrazyassho
07-10-2010, 02:50 AM
Tom please read the post b4 u comment (first sentence)

Based on me and most of the people we play w/ i think CTF (HC) would be a great idea, now it makes no sense that they "had to make room" like its taking up some sort of server slot or something but all the have to do is lower the font, make a scroll or add a second row of modes.

I do agree knowing where the flag carrier is at all times and having it be HC is a little scarce but they should have both options. All in all, I just want the old CTF mode back, and then i might buy the new map pack.

At most the least they can do besides bringing it back is lower or eliminate the respawn time and disable knowing where the flag carrier is.....' ~ My 2 cents

PureNrg
07-10-2010, 02:59 AM
At the end of the day all they had to was make a more option on the playlist selection instead of getting rid of it. im sure there team of all star programmers could of done that.

stevy
07-10-2010, 03:15 AM
I dont mind CTF can understand why some players are annoyed at it being removed as its there fav game mode and now cant choose it to play,

It did have a low player count along with mosh pit
and both of those were replaced with the 2 Barbone pro playlists.

the resurgance map pack was put to where stimulus used to be the 2 at the bottom

xxRomeexx
07-10-2010, 03:23 AM
Yeah and where the hell is the Stimulus Pack now?

Smoglet
07-10-2010, 05:12 AM
At the end of the day.......

It's Night ;)

i think CTF (HC) would be a great idea........

Damn right it would make a great game type

all the have to do is lower the font, make a scroll or add a second row of modes.

The average player of this game simply loads up and clicks and you know wouldn't bother to scroll sadly.

where the hell is the Stimulus Pack now?

It's in normal rotation, though those without the map pack can't play them, some think they can and they would be wrong except on hacked lobbies.

9.....it told you where the flag carrier was ........)

Possibly the dumbest thing ever to hit CTF, why someone thought it was a good idea I am unsure.

Finally I think CTF and all the HC game modes are great it's just a pity they don't get the credit they deserve in my opinion.

jesusravn
07-10-2010, 10:15 AM
i miss CTF :(... and i agree that HC CTF Would defo be fun !!

SS|-VoRTeX-|
07-10-2010, 10:23 AM
They should remove HC HQ, then I would really be able to uninstall this game.

OmegaXtreme420
07-10-2010, 12:56 PM
tell them the opposite of what you want

aido727
07-11-2010, 01:44 AM
1. In his title, he says "removed altogether" - so he's saying two contradicting things at once. Therefore, an idiot.

2. CTF did not have the lowest player-count, you idiot.

3. ♥♥♥♥ off.

Ah you are a rager... time for me to be amused :3

1) As a playable option it IS removed altogether

2) Just like the other options removed with this DLC (excluded the Stimulus playlists), CTF was amongst the lowest player counts most of the time

3) hehehehehehe ragers :3

hachiko
07-11-2010, 05:52 AM
HC CTF? That's a horrible idea.

I think as it was now the team that won was the one that had more runners in it (UMP's or any SMG's at that, ump is just the best and easiest. Lightweight. Marathon). Now in HC there usually aren't all those runners. So i think it would be pretty great. Even if you camped and had a runner suddenly dash out and get the flag, there's a good chance you wont manage to hit him enough.