PDA

View Full Version : worth buying?

adz
07-10-2010, 01:05 AM
is this game any good? is it worth me buying it? it seems like a multiplayer game.. had a look at a few video's and i didn't like the single player because it just looked like a bunch of bots not really a campaign..

Philx2000
07-10-2010, 06:16 AM
There is no campaign, its purely fragging and gibbing.

There are a few maps, but not many people playing online. The bot mode is pretty much the same as online except, well.... you play against bots.

You can also run a dedicated server and play different modes like CTF or deathmatch.

Suomis
07-10-2010, 06:30 AM
If playing against human-like bots is ok for you, I suggest this game :)

adz
07-12-2010, 05:36 PM
yeh this game looks really good, will be buying it suggested from few m8's

KevinJ
07-14-2010, 10:27 PM
I like it

Daisy666
07-16-2010, 01:05 PM
I was hoping it would be more like Soldat in that it would support CTF in bot-mode. I don't mind games which don't have a campaign - being able to play offline against bots in a mini-league or whatever is still great fun ... but unfortunately Booster Trooper's bots only work in Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch.

You may want to check out Soldat - its the same style of side-on mayhem. I got the impulse to purchase Soldat it after playing Booster Trooper and being disappointed with lack of team-based bot modes - right now Soldat is a "Pay whatever you want" option direct from the developer...

For the Booster Trooper Devs ... any chance we could get bot-support in CTF etc? I gifted BT to a number of my Steam friends, and none of them opted to purchase. Basically we can't rely on having enough players to fill a multiplayer game. But if we could beef up 3v3 humans with the same number of bots, all of suddent 5 more purchases becomes feasible since we're not relying on having to fill a server with people outside of our multiplayer group...

DnS-Dei
07-17-2010, 02:02 AM
I was hoping it would be more like Soldat in that it would support CTF in bot-mode. I don't mind games which don't have a campaign - being able to play offline against bots in a mini-league or whatever is still great fun ... but unfortunately Booster Trooper's bots only work in Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch.

You may want to check out Soldat - its the same style of side-on mayhem. I got the impulse to purchase Soldat it after playing Booster Trooper and being disappointed with lack of team-based bot modes - right now Soldat is a "Pay whatever you want" option direct from the developer...

For the Booster Trooper Devs ... any chance we could get bot-support in CTF etc? I gifted BT to a number of my Steam friends, and none of them opted to purchase. Basically we can't rely on having enough players to fill a multiplayer game. But if we could beef up 3v3 humans with the same number of bots, all of suddent 5 more purchases becomes feasible since we're not relying on having to fill a server with people outside of our multiplayer group...

We are currently working on this, so bot support for CTF should be in the next patch.

Daisy666
07-17-2010, 04:26 AM
We are currently working on this, so bot support for CTF should be in the next patch.

Thats fantastic news - looking forward to it, and will get our gaming group to have another look at BT once that's out!

Sliph
08-14-2010, 09:55 PM
To me it's easily worth 5 bucks. I've played it for a good 3 hours so far and have had alot of fun with it and im sure i will be playing it alot more. I spent more on my lunch today and that only lasted 15 minutes.