PDA

View Full Version : Settlers 7 - to Hard ?

david801
07-10-2010, 07:50 AM
Im a first timer played of settlers series and i been playing settlers 7 a while now and its great grafics and sound keeps me comming back for more BUT !..

Its way to hard game way to complex for a firstimer and i beleve even for a settlers fan!

Makes me kinda sad becouse i like the game and it got great posibilitys .. sry for my bad spelling :)

I have played warcraft 2 only .. yea i know its not as "advanced" as this game .. but it were very fun and lĺnglasting .. i found a site thát semed to explain the downsides a bit better then me with my bad english ..

Here Link : http://pc.ign.com/articles/108/1082181p1.html

I hope they will release som sort of updates for us neewbies that will even the odds a little better .. there is many ways do do that in .. for example .. make it so coins come faster ,or fish .. that kind of stuff ..

cheers

Major_Biscuit
07-10-2010, 09:44 AM
I suggest that you play the first 6 maps of the campaign as they are basically a tutorial for learning the game. From there on playing the game more and more will let you understand it better.

david801
07-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Yes i of course played the first 5 maps 2 times to get a better "grip" of things . but its the 6th map im stuck with that i played several times .

The computer is basicly to hard to win over to the point that it gets frustraiting and u kind of "give up" on the game !The fun of playing it gets over kind of !.

Again sadly :( becouse i like the game

Major_Biscuit
07-15-2010, 02:48 AM
Here's a link with walkthroughs that might help you.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6061083365/m/9141029758

hacorn
07-15-2010, 11:05 PM
I also found some of the campaign games hard. The walkthroughs are a good idea that will point you towards a strategy that will work. If you don't like the idea of a walkthrough because it seems like "cheating" off someone elses ideas you can just replay a campaign several times trying different strategies yourself (miltary/tech/trade/ production), gradually building up a knowledge of the map, which sectors to conquer first for best resources, where best to place buildings etc so that after a few tries you are able to work much more quickly which will also help you "beat" the computer.

Once you get to mission 7 - "A Storm Over the Meadows" you will find a new control on the campaign map (top right-hand corner of the map) allowing you to select a difficulty level (Easy, Normal or Hard). This option is available from mission 7 through 12. Try playing the campaign on "Easy" first and then once you find a strategy that works for you, you can then replay the campaign on the "Normal" setting if you want more of a challenge or to improve your skills.