View Full Version : Settlers 7 - to Hard ?

07-10-2010, 07:50 AM
Im a first timer played of settlers series and i been playing settlers 7 a while now and its great grafics and sound keeps me comming back for more BUT !..

Its way to hard game way to complex for a firstimer and i beleve even for a settlers fan!

Makes me kinda sad becouse i like the game and it got great posibilitys .. sry for my bad spelling :)

I have played warcraft 2 only .. yea i know its not as "advanced" as this game .. but it were very fun and lĺnglasting .. i found a site thát semed to explain the downsides a bit better then me with my bad english ..

Here Link : http://pc.ign.com/articles/108/1082181p1.html

I hope they will release som sort of updates for us neewbies that will even the odds a little better .. there is many ways do do that in .. for example .. make it so coins come faster ,or fish .. that kind of stuff ..

07-10-2010, 09:44 AM
I suggest that you play the first 6 maps of the campaign as they are basically a tutorial for learning the game. From there on playing the game more and more will let you understand it better.

07-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Yes i of course played the first 5 maps 2 times to get a better "grip" of things . but its the 6th map im stuck with that i played several times .

The computer is basicly to hard to win over to the point that it gets frustraiting and u kind of "give up" on the game !The fun of playing it gets over kind of !.

Again sadly :( becouse i like the game

07-15-2010, 02:48 AM
Here's a link with walkthroughs that might help you.

07-15-2010, 11:05 PM
I also found some of the campaign games hard. The walkthroughs are a good idea that will point you towards a strategy that will work. If you don't like the idea of a walkthrough because it seems like "cheating" off someone elses ideas you can just replay a campaign several times trying different strategies yourself (miltary/tech/trade/ production), gradually building up a knowledge of the map, which sectors to conquer first for best resources, where best to place buildings etc so that after a few tries you are able to work much more quickly which will also help you "beat" the computer.

Once you get to mission 7 - "A Storm Over the Meadows" you will find a new control on the campaign map (top right-hand corner of the map) allowing you to select a difficulty level (Easy, Normal or Hard). This option is available from mission 7 through 12. Try playing the campaign on "Easy" first and then once you find a strategy that works for you, you can then replay the campaign on the "Normal" setting if you want more of a challenge or to improve your skills.