PDA

View Full Version : Invalid serial key?! WTF?!

EnigmaNL
07-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Hello there,

Please make my serial key work or give me one that works... Isn't that the reason why people buy from legit sources?

Now I would very much like to receive a working key for this game. That is what I paid for after all...

If this isn't possible, is there some way to undo my purchase and have my money refunded? Steam obviously isn't delivering a working product and is therefore not fulfilling their side of the transaction.

I did not pay to have a fancy picture in my games library, I paid for a working game.

DocShady
07-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Hello there,

Please make my serial key work or give me one that works... Isn't that the reason why people buy from legit sources?

Now I would very much like to receive a working key for this game. That is what I paid for after all...

If this isn't possible, is there some way to undo my purchase and have my money refunded? Steam obviously isn't delivering a working product and is therefore not fulfilling their side of the transaction.

I did not pay to have a fancy picture in my games library, I paid for a working game.

I am having the same issues, but without the Tourettes episodes demonstrated above.

Anyway, I'm about to submit a support ticket with steam. I'll let you know how it goes.

DocShady
07-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Well irony just dropped me with a swift boot to the groin area.

I attempted to contact steam via the support system, it asked for my CD key, which I provided. It refused to submit the ticket, saying "The CD Key you have entered does not appear to be valid".

Not sure where to go from here. Any ideas? Anyone?

EnigmaNL
07-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Well irony just dropped me with a swift boot to the groin area.

I attempted to contact steam via the support system, it asked for my CD key, which I provided. It refused to submit the ticket, saying "The CD Key you have entered does not appear to be valid".

Not sure where to go from here. Any ideas? Anyone?

This is what the nice people at Steam tell me:

Technical support for this title is handled by a third party support department - please follow the link below for instructions to contact the support provider for this title: Title: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6961-YUPF-3152 Please let us know if you experience further difficulties, or if you have additional questions or concerns.

Thank you Steam for ripping me off!

Niks
07-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Same problem here,but instead of sending a ticket to steam support i sent one to the warhammer online support

I'll keep you updated on what they say

Sebuku
09-13-2010, 02:23 AM
Note:
Retail CD-Keys for this game cannot be registered through Steam. If you wish to create a shortcut to this game under the Library tab, instructions can be found here:

So i tried it with "Add A Game"... not working -> Ticket to Steam Support send.

Sebuku
09-27-2010, 01:35 PM
I got the respons from Steam SupportTeam

..we are sorry but this game doesn't support the overlayer function. Thats also the reason why there is no "Playtime stats".

unasher
05-29-2011, 03:13 AM
Yea im having the same problem.. Steam's reputation, is going down on this one

Ryanzcool
01-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Alright i think the problem for mine is that it doesn't show all of the CD-key. I pressed copy to clipboard but i cant see it if i don't sign in with the games account...and i can't make an account without a CD-key! The reason why i don't think its showing all of the CD-key is because on the last part of it, it has 2 letters then a, ...
So if there is a way to see all of the cd-key or this is your problem as well then please reply. I just bought it and i don't want this game to be a waste.

lordbanin
01-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Note:

Retail CD-Keys for this game cannot be registered through Steam. If you wish to create a shortcut to this game under the Library tab, instructions can be found here:

This was from the steam support. The game, if purchased from retail or any other distributor, can not be activated VIA steam.
It isn't that you're key is invalid or that you are having any error, its working as intended. Sorry to be the barer of bad news, but that's the way it is.

Solon25
03-05-2012, 12:37 PM
The reason why i don't think its showing all of the CD-key is because on the last part of it, it has 2 letters then a, ...
So if there is a way to see all of the cd-key or this is your problem as well then please reply.
Late, but for followers :)

You can make the window with the key greater. Hold the mouse on the right window side und push it a little bit. Have buyed WH:O yesterday and seen that the key not shows all. So i make the window greater!

And for the steam overlay, i have make a thread. Shows no playtime, but screenshots and all other work.