PDA

View Full Version : Black menu screen!!

XxXChenzoXxX
07-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Hey guys,

I needed a fun racing game that I could take online. Having ToCA Race Driver 3 on my PC, don't work online ;), I figured this would be fun. When I launching it from steam the cuts work, but then at the main menu all I see is black. I can hear everything and when I press enter I can hear the menu advance, but I see only black. I can't figure it out, but I really want to play it.

Here are my specs.
intel 2x core @ 2ghz
2 gigs ram
intel 965 w/ 7.15.10.1666 drivers.

I can play toca 3 and counter strike fine...if that helps

Monster_user
07-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Try updating your drivers. The latest drivers seem to be 15.12.75.4.1930.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Chipsets&ProductLine=Desktop+Chipsets&ProductProduct=Intel%c2%ae+965+Express+Chipset+Fam ily

Reports I've read indicate that Grid does not run well on the limited P965 graphics card, and most were Laptop/Notebook cards. If you were lucky enough to get it in a Desktop, then maybe a new Radeon HD card would help?

XxXChenzoXxX
07-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the reply,
This is a laptop, so I can't upgrade cards. I'm also running vista. 15.12.4.1666 is the newest one for this setup i believe. I've come across other posts from people with the same problem, but no fixes. :(

Transmeta
07-15-2010, 03:03 AM
This game will not work well if at all using on board video cards, most of the actual video processing is dumped off to the CPU and it uses system memory for your video memory.
Even some of the newer 'dedicated' mobile cards are doing this.

XxXChenzoXxX
07-17-2010, 11:08 AM
I've seen vids on youtube that say it runs fine, but anyway. I'll have to wait for this laptop to break before i buy a new comp. I'm going AlienWare after this. They have some sick lappys