PDA

View Full Version : Creator of Braid

stampede247
07-13-2010, 03:34 PM
I was working on my custom levels for braid and thought about how long it was taking to make each part of the levels and then I wondered who braid was made by. I know I've heard of Jonathan B. but was he the only one to actually work on braid or did he have a team. If he made such a amazing game all by himself I would have to give him a lot of respect because I know that at least for me it took me half a day to make one level look pretty decent while he made a whole game look amazing. So does anybody know if it was just him?

pilzi
07-13-2010, 04:14 PM
I was working on my custom levels for braid and thought about how long it was taking to make each part of the levels and then I wondered who braid was made by. I know I've heard of Jonathan B. but was he the only one to actually work on braid or did he have a team. If he made such a amazing game all by himself I would have to give him a lot of respect because I know that at least for me it took me half a day to make one level look pretty decent while he made a whole game look amazing. So does anybody know if it was just him?

Its amaizing but it really was only one guy and as you said his name was Jonathan Blow. The art was made by an other guy and the music is just licensed music from some independent artists. But beside of the drawings and the music the whole game was created only by him.
It took 4 years but he made the in my oppinion best indie(and maybe best overral) game ever!
He now is working with a small team on a 3d game called "The Witness". It'll play on an island and will probably come out end of 2011 or even 2012.

Radagast82
07-16-2010, 10:00 AM
It's truly a miracle, what the mind of only one person can create.
It just proves, that a big production company or a huge budget means very little, compared to what "pure willpower of the human mind" can achieve.

I don't think words can express my respect for such brilliant artists such as him, which are fiercely scarce in our days, in the gaming scene. I simply fail to express my true gratitude with mere words.

I wish more people, were so creative and actually put their mind at such practical use to create unique things.

More ontopic : I'm glad there is still a minority of people who is still interested in making more custom levels for this game. :)

PS : To all those who do make custom levels : Would be nice to make a small forum/community in the future to support such a thing. (like the previous community which disappeared from the net. Posting levels on such a forum would be easier to find, and would also be a practical means to test them and provide better feedback from users.

ProudTiger
07-31-2010, 03:18 AM
I'm useless at platform games and puzzle games but I bought this to see what all the fuss was about.

Got in a deep fit of depression after playing for 15 mins when I couldn't figure out how to solve the levels from the only one I could attempt which is at the start.

Being an old person 44,I suppose I didn't grow up like the kids today on video games and didn't learn the hand cooordination to play them.

I'm half ok on FPS set on easy but just don't have the reflexes to play these platformers like Mario and Braid which get tons of hype but when u can't play them,they sort of have no meaning.

That's why I loove Half Life.

You don't need to be born with these skills to enjoy the game.

Braid sends me into such a deep depression,that I feel like after I watch a movie like DAncer In The DArk.

So I will try not to play it because every time I try to have another go,I'm stuck at the same areas pulling my hair out.

That's when I turn the confounded PC off and go get a beer or just forget about it.

pilzi
08-26-2010, 12:09 PM
It's truly a miracle, what the mind of only one person can create.
It just proves, that a big production company or a huge budget means very little, compared to what "pure willpower of the human mind" can achieve.

I don't think words can express my respect for such brilliant artists such as him, which are fiercely scarce in our days, in the gaming scene. I simply fail to express my true gratitude with mere words.

I wish more people, were so creative and actually put their mind at such practical use to create unique things.

More ontopic : I'm glad there is still a minority of people who is still interested in making more custom levels for this game. :)

PS : To all those who do make custom levels : Would be nice to make a small forum/community in the future to support such a thing. (like the previous community which disappeared from the net. Posting levels on such a forum would be easier to find, and would also be a practical means to test them and provide better feedback from users.

Yep if only braid-mods.com would still be there... I'd actually donate money to keep it alive.
If anyone remembers or know this guy who made braid-mods.com PLEASE GIVE ME AN ADRESS TO CONTACT HIM! Especially notgreat and nspc as you were active members of it, WHO WAS IT? GIVE ME AN EMAIL OR A STEAM ACCOUNT OR AN ACCOUNT OF ANY FOURUM!!!!

please.

Slyke
08-28-2010, 05:34 AM
Yep if only braid-mods.com would still be there... I'd actually donate money to keep it alive.
If anyone remembers or know this guy who made braid-mods.com PLEASE GIVE ME AN ADRESS TO CONTACT HIM! Especially notgreat and nspc as you were active members of it, WHO WAS IT? GIVE ME AN EMAIL OR A STEAM ACCOUNT OR AN ACCOUNT OF ANY FOURUM!!!!

please.

I have a forum account too :). I got your emails though so :D.

I'm emailing you the FTP details of the site so you can have a run through the PHP script. The domain name has been taken, but I host the actual files elsewhere and they are still all accessible. I'm moving at the moment so maybe a little busy.

Nexoros
08-28-2010, 02:06 PM
ProudTiger: That's why youtube is filled with Let's Play videos. Not being able to beat a game shouldn't prevent someone from getting as much of the experience as possible IMO.

xXNinjaXx
09-13-2010, 09:30 AM
How do you work on custom levels? That sounds fun.