PDA

View Full Version : How u get this game to work ?!

edgari0kas
07-14-2010, 06:12 AM
First of all you spend money and game does not work thats sad tbg no updates and etc ... fail by void creating team.

Second your resolution fix does not work were do exactly i copy that ? if i copy anywere it does not work,also when the game starts after first logo it just stays on black screen any fixes ?

Ta

Blindrat
07-15-2010, 11:04 AM
ugh, i swear I'm too nice....

From the sounds of it you're putting the resolution fix in random places. The file as far as I know does not exist and you need to make it yourself and paste the fix in the file using wordpad/notepad.

What is your Comp specs? Have you tried running it incompatibility mode? Have you tried running as administrator?In your video card control center are you forcing any settings?

The game works, but as always not everyones computer is the same and you're one of the unlucky few who are having troubles running the game. Now if you'd politely ask for help ad clearly state your situation Devs will hopefully see your post and try their best to help.

Whimper
09-13-2010, 03:00 AM
You're right, Blindrat, you are too nice. :D I mean, who asks for help by first saying, "fail by void creating team"?

Halfgild Wynac
09-13-2010, 04:55 AM
First, we really need to know something about your computer. Because the game certainly works on all my PCs (it is not that I do something special to them). Try dxdiag.

Can you launch and play the game, i.e. did it ever work? What's written in the game.' log file (Documents/My Games/Void/Logfiles/game.log)? Is it a crash or do you manually stop the game by Alt+F4/some other way ?

Resolution fix does work as far as this rcfg.xml is in /data subfolder. There is also an optional location somewhere in Users/Documents and Settings , but as the game is very old, I am not sure as to where to find it. It is much easier to put it in game's data folder (the folder where *.VFS archives are kept).

However, I am certain this fix is not going to help if all you see is black screen. The problem is elsewhere.

Cow002
12-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Just to add to it in case someone else has this problem, I went to start the game and got a black screen. I CTRL ALT DELETED out of it a few times, and every time I started it the screen would just be black. I managed to click somewhere randomly and everything worked. So if that's your problem, just try some things out.

awesoome_ninja
12-29-2010, 01:29 PM
Just to add to it in case someone else has this problem, I went to start the game and got a black screen. I CTRL ALT DELETED out of it a few times, and every time I started it the screen would just be black. I managed to click somewhere randomly and everything worked. So if that's your problem, just try some things out.

Where is "somewhere"? Like what part of the screen =S

EDIT: Nevermind, got it to work!