PDA

View Full Version : Update thread

gab007qc
07-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Any info on the update? I'm downloading it now, but there's nothing on the Moonbase Alpha news page D:

Stickocide
07-14-2010, 12:39 PM
Yup, it's just started for me too. What could it be?

It is a mystery.

US@M@.cz
I hate when crap like this happens

Kyorisu
Fired it up and nfi what's been changed.

iZach
07-14-2010, 12:40 PM
I restarted Steam and now it is downloading for me. I wonder what it is.

gab007qc
07-14-2010, 12:43 PM
I hope it now works on xp 64 :)
EDIT: It doesn't. At least for me

iCuE
07-14-2010, 01:10 PM
I hope it now works on xp 64 :)
EDIT: It doesn't. At least for me

For me too. Using Win7 64bit and it shows an error that "physxcudart_20.dll" not found on Computer.

gab007qc
07-14-2010, 01:12 PM
For me it keeps on game is unavailable.

richien6
07-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Just started this game today (a friend introduced me). Downloading the update now, I'll edit this post in about 30 minutes with what changes I've noticed..

tb87670
07-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Will be done in 5 minutes or so, will post asap on what I see. Hope welder bots can work on solar panels now.

Sikiruikhun
07-14-2010, 01:35 PM
For me too. Using Win7 64bit and it shows an error that "physxcudart_20.dll" not found on Computer.

For those who want to play on 64 bit based system, you must install Nvidia Physx.

I play on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits and works perfect.

toString
07-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Updates to Moonbase Alpha have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

FIXED - Astronauts can "attach" next to the rover or command center when high latency is present.
FIXED - Rover is sometimes invisible when remotely controlled when high latency is present.
FIXED - Erratic behavior of rover when attached to hose.
Multiple optimizations to program code for singleplayer and multiplayer gameplay.
Modified information in log reports.

Wishbone1977
07-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Fired it up and nfi what's been changed.
Well, the update is 510 MB. They must have changed something.

Inglonias
07-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Updates to Moonbase Alpha have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

FIXED - Astronauts can "attach" next to the rover or command center when high latency is present.
FIXED - Rover is sometimes invisible when remotely controlled when high latency is present.
Multiple optimizations to program code for singleplayer and multiplayer gameplay.

Thanks for the update, but a question:

Did they HAVE to replace the 510 MB or did they feel like it? Either way, thats... not a good habit.

Cross0210
07-14-2010, 01:52 PM

more fps?

MrSnow
07-14-2010, 01:52 PM
When I have the main menu open.
It shows Version: 1.0.1.0

What is the latest version number and How do I get it.
I have restarted steam several times and still the same version.
I do have the box selected #Always keep this game up to date#

Any advice?

Wishbone1977
07-14-2010, 01:54 PM

For anyone interested, the news post is here (http://store.steampowered.com/news/4068/).

RED-FROG
07-14-2010, 01:56 PM
lame update. Downloaded for ages with 300KB/s since the server was so slow.
Those fixes don't really change anything on the game, neither would bring it one step forward.

Gimme the editor + files and I make some maps if you can't do it. :/

Wishbone1977
07-14-2010, 01:58 PM
lame update. Downloaded for ages with 300KB/s since the server was so slow.

Gimme the editor + files and I make some maps if you can't do it. :/
I must admit, I was hoping for additional content too. A 510 MB update with absolutely no new content is just ridiculous. You'd think they rewrote everything from scratch.

VirtualHeroes
07-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Patch notes posted - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1361331

Will address your feedback shortly. Thanks for starting this thread!

Stickocide
07-14-2010, 02:07 PM
I hope they fixed the password bug, that was the only thing that annoyed me - meant that I had to make a public server for one of my friends to join. Which meant lots of annoying people ruining everything.

May give the game another try at some point, but the replay value is so little until more stuff is implemented. It's a good start, though. Let's hope they add more stuff soon.

Kapten-N
07-14-2010, 02:08 PM
When I have the main menu open.

What is the latest version number and How do I get it.
I have restarted steam several times and still the same version.
I do have the box selected #Always keep this game up to date#

Any advice?
1.0.0.0 was the version before the update I think.

You can attach a hose to the rover? Or do they just mean putting a hose on it as luggage?

lauris3722
07-14-2010, 02:08 PM
After this update, i can't run anymore this game.
c++ Runtime Error text appears.

Stickocide
07-14-2010, 02:11 PM
I know this has been posted before, but it seems that devs might be watching this thread in particular, so here's a video of someone playing the game with commentry. Contains lots of feedback that could be useful in fixing minor annoyances in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1Sku1Iolog

Kapten-N
07-14-2010, 02:23 PM
I know this has been posted before, but it seems that devs might be watching this thread in particular, so here's a video of someone playing the game with commentry. Contains lots of feedback that could be useful in fixing minor annoyances in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1Sku1Iolog
Oh, no. No, no, no!
I saw that video earlier. He doesn't even know how to use a tool box, he doesn't utilize the rover for faster transport either and he only brings out one type of robot. No wonder he failed. He should have given it a few more playthroughs before he complained.

gab007qc
07-14-2010, 02:35 PM
I tried to install physx and the installer said my version of Physx is newer.

VirtualHeroes
07-14-2010, 02:41 PM
Something happened when the patch was uploaded and the file is corrupt! Steam has rolled back and will have the patch back up shortly!

MrSnow
07-14-2010, 02:42 PM
1.0.0.0 was the version before the update I think.

Thanks Kapten-N

This IS the latest version number.

It seems I could not connect because the servers were not updated.

IDEA!!! :)
In the future, would it be possible to show the version number of servers or omit servers that are out of date.

Kapten-N
07-14-2010, 02:45 PM
Something happened when the patch was uploaded and the file is corrupt! Steam has rolled back and will have the patch back up shortly!
lol
Are we going to have to download all that 510 MB again?
Hopefully future updates won't be bigger than they need to be.

IDEA!!! :)
In the future, would it be possible to show the version number of servers or omit servers that are out of date.
I can't think of any other game that has that. It would be revolutionary.
Being a Steam based game, however, it's supposed to automatically keep up to date and thus such a function should be unnecessary.

MrSnow
07-14-2010, 02:53 PM
I can't think of any other game that has that. It would be revolutionary.
Being a Steam based game, however, it's supposed to automatically keep up to date and thus such a function should be unnecessary.

Battlefield 2,
Had tick box for [ ] SAME VERSION ONLY ;)

Wishbone1977
07-14-2010, 03:02 PM
Corrupt in what way? Mine updated without any problems, and started up fine afterwards. I didn't try to actually start a game, but the menu worked okay.

Shuny
07-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Corrupt in what way? Mine updated without any problems, and started up fine afterwards. I didn't try to actually start a game, but the menu worked okay.

Maybe the patch was just not applied. My game was running fine too but I didn't notice any major changes.

NeatNit
07-14-2010, 03:12 PM
I think Multiwinia had that...

It's very dead now though.

gab007qc
07-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Maybe they ♥♥♥♥ed up the moon. I can't see it anywhere. Can you guys? I'm worried :|

NeatNit
07-14-2010, 03:20 PM
No sir, I don't see it.

Jbotski
07-14-2010, 04:00 PM
No sir, I don't see it.

All I see is gray crater walls and fancy equipment!

And a weird blue and green planet.

Kapten-N
07-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Maybe they ♥♥♥♥ed up the moon. I can't see it anywhere. Can you guys? I'm worried :|
Dunno. I have only checked my side of the building. It might be on the other side.

NeatNit
07-14-2010, 04:15 PM
I went up to my roof before and looked all over. Now, my building isn't too tall, but I can't remember a time when I didn't see the moon.

until today

NASA destroyed the moon. AND NOW THEY'RE TRYING TO HIDE THAT IT'S GONE BY PUTTING CLOUDS WHERE IT USED TO BE!

Wishbone1977
07-14-2010, 04:17 PM
NASA destroyed the moon. AND NOW THEY'RE TRYING TO HIDE THAT IT'S GONE BY PUTTING CLOUDS WHERE IT USED TO BE!
Or it might, you know, be on the other side of the planet. But far be it from me to ruin a perfectly good conspiracy theory ;-)

NeatNit
07-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Don't you hear what I'm saying to you?! The moon is gone, and you can never bring it back!
:(
I think a moment of silence is in order.

Zorlond
07-14-2010, 05:32 PM

Awwwww, they fixed this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiBdBXky2UM

And here I was hoping to have a hamster-spaz rover of my own! ;)

VirtualHeroes
07-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Patch is being tested to make sure it is ok before sending to Steam. Hoping they will have it out in the morning. Will keep y'all posted.

VirtualHeroes
07-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Private message me if you have some free time this evening to help with... something I can't talk about. :confused:

Ooooooh mysterious... (ok, maybe not lol)

Cross0210
07-15-2010, 04:01 AM
game need more optimizing for one-cpu processors with too many items in da map

lags lags lags... i have 18-25 fps in bfbc2. but this.... omg! 3-5 fps with six players

Kapten-N
07-15-2010, 04:16 AM
I went up to my roof before and looked all over. Now, my building isn't too tall, but I can't remember a time when I didn't see the moon.

until today

http://www.teamfortress.com/macupdate/comic/
iBLEWUPTHEMOON

Wishbone1977
07-15-2010, 04:58 AM
Private message me if you have some free time this evening to help with... something I can't talk about. :confused:

Ooooooh mysterious... (ok, maybe not lol)
It's always evening somewhere on the planet. Which kind of evening are you talking about? A UTC time would be more helpful.

Kapten-N
07-15-2010, 05:03 AM
It's always evening somewhere on the planet. Which kind of evening are you talking about? A UTC time would be more helpful.
In a closed thread created specifically for that purpose he said that it was in EST time. There are three kinds of EST time but I'm guessing he's speaking of the North American one which is UTC-5. A more specific time would be more helpfull though.

NeatNit
07-15-2010, 05:38 AM
Awwwww, they fixed this?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiBdBXky2UM

And here I was hoping to have a hamster-spaz rover of my own! ;)Do you know how this was done? How can you connect a hose to a rover?

VirtualHeroes
07-15-2010, 09:29 AM
I hate timezones... but I guess the alternative would be everything happening at once and there would be some space-time cross-mojination. Don't cross the streams!

Anyway, the main office is on the East Coast of the U.S. if that helps (North Carolina). I personally am in New York City however.

VirtualHeroes
07-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Patch fixed!

See the updated patch post for more information including steps you need to take if running a dedicated server!

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1361331

NeatNit
07-15-2010, 12:24 PM
Wouldn't verifying game cache be faster than completely reinstalling the game?

Oh, and by the way, I wasn't home all day, sorry I didn't help with the testing.. :(