PDA

View Full Version : It's really not THAT bad

Nickelpat
07-14-2010, 02:01 PM
Okay, I do love my PC games. I love my dedicated servers. I was also disappointed to see the lack of dedicated servers, but it's not too bad. The matchmaking is not perfect, but there's no half hour wait to find a game. The netcode is solid too, lag isn't a common thing (at least for me).

The gameplay is solid and really a lot of fun, it's fast and fun. I love the fact there's so many gun unlocks (and not perks, stupid things). Different sites, stocks, barrels, camos, armors, etc.

Frankly, if dedicated servers were added, it would make this game an absolutely amazing title. Until then, it's still a great game. For 15 bucks, I think it's totally worth it. As long as people stop "No dedicated servers? Pass." and give the game a shot, no I don't expect to just buy it to try it, they need a demo of some kind.

- Eric M.

Lightarr0
07-14-2010, 02:06 PM
It's 15 dollars, don't expect a AAA title. It's a great game nonetheless.

FreeStyleD
07-14-2010, 02:06 PM
how is the SP? And is it worth 15 euros??

BroflMouth
07-14-2010, 02:07 PM
All match making works the same, it boils down to 1 thing. Did any people around me buy the game? If not than I will experience a completely different game than you because I will get lag. I can also assume how the netcode is because it uses U3 engine and I played UT3 online a LOT a while ago. I know exactly how match making will work and I know how it will work for every game it is released for it's not like match making is some revolutionary technology that we are still testing out. We know the results it brings and I know it will lower this games life span dramatically.

EDIT: I know the game itself is good fun and I do not question the quality of the game I question the horrible decision to use such an inferior system for its multiplayer.

Spykirby
07-14-2010, 02:08 PM
there's no half hour wait to find a game.

there's no half hour wait YET.
Either the game is going to die really fast like RFG (that did have a very fun multiplayer, yet GFWL totally killed it) or it's going to be crowded with hackers and die really fast aswell :p

If u want to start a Siege game on RFG, u can wait 1 week in a lobby and still don't get enough ppl to play it. The only gamemodes I have seen yet where ones that required 6 or less ppl and even then it was a pain to get 6. Only able during the night when the most ppl played it. The game is probably not even a year old.

It could be great fun, if it had dedicated servers like CSS, BF2 and all other big titles that ppl still play even after years.

BroflMouth
07-14-2010, 02:14 PM
there's no half hour wait YET.
Either the game is going to die really fast like RFG (that did have a very fun multiplayer, yet GFWL totally killed it) or it's going to be crowded with hackers and die really fast aswell :p

If u want to start a Siege game on RFG, u can wait 1 week in a lobby and still don't get enough ppl to play it. The only gamemodes I have seen yet where ones that required 6 or less ppl and even then it was a pain to get 6. Only able during the night when the most ppl played it. The game is probably not even a year old.

It could be great fun, if it had dedicated servers like CSS, BF2 and all other big titles that ppl still play even after years.
Yep, dedicated servers increase the games life span an oustanding amount. Look at Cs 1.6 it averages about 50 thousand players every day and it is almost 10 years old.

Solidamus
07-14-2010, 02:23 PM
If somebody want's a simple and fun multiplayer fps for cheap, they can't go wrong with this title, but if someone wants something like that they should get this now when the match making still works, match making-systems have a bad habit of dying when people don't buy the game enough because other people say it sucks because it doesn't have dedi-servers. :)

Nickelpat
07-14-2010, 02:26 PM
GFWL may kill the game faster, but I don't know HOW fast. I'm hoping at least a year.

I wouldn't say it's comparable to RFG, as BL:TD is by a smaller studio, and being their only game and not part of a series it will probably get patches and fixes more often, it also is much cheaper and sold for nearly multiplayer only.

GFWL could be an issue with sales though, personally I have no issue with it, but others do. If they can take it out somehow in the future that would be great, if not, I can live with it. Hopefully it can avoid that stigma and still become a great game. If not, at least it was only 15 bucks and I have some fun with it.

BroflMouth
07-14-2010, 02:30 PM
GFWL may kill the game faster, but I don't know HOW fast. I'm hoping at least a year.

I wouldn't say it's comparable to RFG, as BL:TD is by a smaller studio, and being their only game and not part of a series it will probably get patches and fixes more often, it also is much cheaper and sold for nearly multiplayer only.

GFWL could be an issue with sales though, personally I have no issue with it, but others do. If they can take it out somehow in the future that would be great, if not, I can live with it. Hopefully it can avoid that stigma and still become a great game. If not, at least it was only 15 bucks and I have some fun with it.
There will be bug fixes but nothing else to attract new players. They have announced no more content will be released for this game. And it won't last a year, Black Ops is going to get rid of almost all people playing this game. If not Black Ops than Starcraft 2 and if not that than there are a few other games that to break the match making system.

Mexicutioner
07-14-2010, 05:27 PM
It's 15 dollars, don't expect a AAA title. It's a great game nonetheless.

They are plenty of 15 dollar games out there with dedicated server support, why is this one not one of them?

Plus they announced the sequel already, which means no future support for the first game besides bug fixes, great marketing strat.