PDA

View Full Version : The Council President's Daughter

sneakymarco
07-15-2010, 01:44 AM
Is this mission actually possible? I've tried probably a dozen times, and no matter what I do, the Keoma II and every other allied ship is destroyed within the first couple minutes, and shortly followed by the An-Nathair, then mission failed.

I've tried going after the pirate cargo ships but I can only take down 3 out of 4 before I fail the mission. I've tried focusing on the smaller pirate ships but then the cargo ships blast the target cruiser to pieces in about 60 seconds. It's really frustrating how fragile the friendly ships are in this game. Any tips for beating this mission?

playedout
07-16-2010, 12:34 PM
I forget exactly how this works, but I headed for the Keoma II but kept an eye out for cargo ships using the "T" key. The minute they showed up I targeted them and, if possible, went after the closest incoming cargo ship to the Keoma II. Then I used the "M" key to match their speed and concentrated on shooting the cargo ship down with missiles and guns. (I had better luck getting behind the cargo ship when I attacked it). I kept targeting the cargo ship I thought was closest to the Keoma II and went after it. Hit the "M" key and proceeded to take it out. I repeated this. If I succeeded I immediately went back close to the Keoma II after hunters. I knew the Keoma II was OK when I heard that their equipment was back on line. Only the Keoma II can take out the cruiser. Then I just kept after the hunters. Depends on how my ship is equipped on how easy it seemed to take out the cargo ships. They generally are not easy to take down. I had better luck if I had enough missiles. I never used missiles on anything but the cargo ships when I did this. Depends on how you want to play it, but you are doing it right otherwise. Need a technique for faster cargo ship take down. Or like others keep saying use the mesa mod. That pretty well does it. If here is a repeatable way to play this mission I would like to know. wait till you have to take out 3 or 4 Cruisers by yourself in one of the later missions.

sneakymarco
07-16-2010, 06:45 PM
I'll try that. It never occurred to me to try protecting the keoma II and instead I was focused on defending the other ship.