PDA

View Full Version : so you thought battlefield was bad?

Rio_Rambo11
07-15-2010, 02:15 PM
well i can safely say that MOH is a complete ♥♥♥♥ storm compared to bf.

after playing it for about an hour i just got fed up with it as it kept trying to be like bf, except its been noobified, eg pin point accuracy, non destrucable buildings, cod referances....

any way after playing for a while and getting a decent k/d ratio i got bored and then ran back to bf with open arms and said ive missed you mate, then cried a little...

so next time your going ragh about cg's and m60s remember, it could be worse

DrunkPunk
07-15-2010, 02:17 PM
i found it to be every crappy aspect of BC2 and MW2 combined, for an ultimately crap-tastic piece of crap. ez mode point and click shooters like that certainly have no business priced at 60 bucks.

RaranTroff
07-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Is moh grindy for unlocks? That is my main concern about it. I have not pre ordered it as I don't want to get burned by another grind forever just to be able to have fun fps. I had heard you don't even get a scope for the sniper rifle right away, if thats true then what is the point of including a sniping class at all.

DrunkPunk
07-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Is moh grindy for unlocks? That is my main concern about it. I have not pre ordered it as I don't want to get burned by another grind forever just to be able to have fun fps. I had heard you don't even get a scope for the sniper rifle right away, if thats true then what is the point of including a sniping class at all.

the "sniper rifles" you start out with are actually just semi-auto rifles. but that's all you really need in the game, as they are insanely accurate, no guns have recoil, and it only takes 2 shots to kill someone with it. but yeah, starts you out with a red dot sight on it...

far as i could tell, the few weapons you do have are very grindy to get. of course, not knowing how many weapons there are, and what levels you unlock them at, make it harder to judge.

mattm16a4
07-15-2010, 02:54 PM
well i can safely say that MOH is a complete ♥♥♥♥ storm compared to bf.

after playing it for about an hour i just got fed up with it as it kept trying to be like bf, except its been noobified, eg pin point accuracy, non destrucable buildings, cod referances....

any way after playing for a while and getting a decent k/d ratio i got bored and then ran back to bf with open arms and said ive missed you mate, then cried a little...

so next time your going ragh about cg's and m60s remember, it could be worse
Man i feel your pain! every timei have to go to bed to go to work int he morning i cry, i cry because im missing my baby and i cant play with it any more :(

C4Chaos42
07-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Sigh they don't make games like they used to eh? bf1942 being a prime example of a nice game. 100 Players, mods, fun....

Beezy
07-15-2010, 02:59 PM
I liked the new MoH...

zeus710
07-15-2010, 04:04 PM
MOH is just terrible! I played one game where one camper got 64/1 k/d ratio and i think it tells all. May be it's a little better than Crap warfare 2 only because it has dedicated servers support. In other aspects it's mw 2 - it's a terrible arcade shooter, no recoil at all ( i never had so many headshots), campers and camping snipers are awarded with nice killstreaks, no team play

RaranTroff
07-15-2010, 04:08 PM
I just noticed that the beta was free now. I may as well try it to see if I like it now that no pre order is involved.

SlimPickins
07-15-2010, 04:14 PM
well they already said guns dont have enough recoil, so most your concerns will be addressed. also theres barely any content in the beta

DrunkPunk
07-15-2010, 04:15 PM
well they already said guns dont have enough recoil, so most your concerns will be addressed. also theres barely any content in the beta

most of my concerns, eh? hardly. the game in itself is far from fun, it's just another sub-par generic arcadey shooter. the game itself is the problem, not a few little things like no recoil (although the fact that recoil is an AFTERTHOUGHT should say enough)

LosTracE
07-15-2010, 05:26 PM
this game is the worse
i cant believe MOH will crap out something like this, even with dice helping them out
i cant even exit the game when i die, wtf??

Ec]-[oMaN
07-15-2010, 05:33 PM
If you thought or didn't like BC2 or MW2 definitely give this one a try.

Sums it up.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16085374&postcount=66

solidus90
07-15-2010, 07:54 PM
i havent played moh yet though by the sounds of it, its going to annoy me. come to think of it i havnt played a fps game in the last five years that actually gave you substantial recoil in iron sight view or hip/shouldered. developers need to address this issue, cos military shooters might aswell be quake 3 or unreal tournament.

NoSkillz121
07-15-2010, 08:00 PM
From the trailer a few months back i had high hopes for the game but unfortunately it isnt living up to its true Medal of Honor repuation. Thats partially due to MW2 and BC2 setting the standards but iunno.

There are a lot of things lacking in this game but the most important one is FUN. I mean cmom EA.. take an hour to play the game and you honestly cant tell us you would rather watch paint dry.

You dont feel engrossed and taken in by the action at all, it just feels like you are going through the motions for a win.

The thing that pisses me off the most though is that campers get rewarded for sitting in their safe little spot picking off people actually making an effort to advance! Its meant to be a team game right?

/end of rant

Dustenza
07-15-2010, 08:07 PM
MoH's multiplayer looks like utter trash from what I've watched and heard. The singleplayer is the only thing that looks good.

-=DevilDog=-
07-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Whao guys this thing is way way BETA...err should I say Alpha. I'm actually hoping this is an Alpha and I'm not being a smartass either.

1.First thing is there is no support yet (either that or it's blocked in the code) for anything other than 1024x768. A big black box around my game I would've never envisioned in this day and age.

2. The UI is like a guessing puzzle to navigate. There are options that are enabled again and not "greyed out" with nothing to select.

3. Clicking radio buttons is horrible. I hope that was a UI that was thrown in just to get it working and there is a final one that will be patched later. I really do. The server browser was dodgy with me too. My god it came up with sites from friggen Russia! Russia Man, and I live in the USA. All the pings timed out and were at zero! Yes I had it filtered.

4. I finally figured out to just hit ENTER out of disgust that there wasn't a way to get back into the game after I died the first time. No rejoin, no auto-spawn, and no slection anywhere to be found.

5. I was kinda scattered brained after trying to figure things out from my UI easter egg hunt, and was ready to back out...Ooooops, how do you get out of this thing? I can't tell you. I finally did manage to get out, but I was hitting keys at random, and couldn't tell you which one actually exited me. Next time i'll try to figure it out.

I'm not trying to slam on this title yet, but I sincerely hope that this is Alpha state. In this state I could only guess that there is two years of work left to do. Please tell us this is Alpha. Please? I didn't even get to the bugs...didn't have a chance. My mind went numb after getting lost in the maze. Guys that have been in there know what I'm talking about. I'm being totally serious here.

4rmless
07-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Whao guys this thing is way way BETA...err should I say Alpha. I'm actually hoping this is an Alpha and I'm not being a smartass either.

1.First thing is there is no support yet (either that or it's blocked in the code) for anything other than 1024x768. A big black box around my game I would've never envisioned in this day and age.

2. The UI is like a guessing puzzle to navigate. There are options that are enabled again and not "greyed out" with nothing to select.

3. Clicking radio buttons is horrible. I hope that was a UI that was thrown in just to get it working and there is a final one that will be patched later. I really do. The server browser was dodgy with me too. My god it came up with sites from friggen Russia! Russia Man, and I live in the USA. All the pings timed out and were at zero! Yes I had it filtered.

4. I finally figured out to just hit ENTER out of disgust that there wasn't a way to get back into the game after I died the first time. No rejoin, no auto-spawn, and no slection anywhere to be found.

5. I was kinda scattered brained after trying to figure things out from my UI easter egg hunt, and was ready to back out...Ooooops, how do you get out of this thing? I can't tell you. I finally did manage to get out, but I was hitting keys at random, and couldn't tell you which one actually exited me. Next time i'll try to figure it out.

I'm not trying to slam on this title yet, but I sincerely hope that this is Alpha state. In this state I could only guess that there is two years of work left to do. Please tell us this is Alpha. Please? I didn't even get to the bugs...didn't have a chance. My mind went numb after getting lost in the maze. Guys that have been in there know what I'm talking about. I'm being totally serious here.

It makes me shudder to think of the time I spent on this. I can't honestly say it was any fun at all. Shame they're not gonna take it back to the shop and try to get it right.

RaranTroff
07-15-2010, 08:44 PM
MoH does have way the hell better hit reg. I will give it that much credit.

Ec]-[oMaN
07-15-2010, 10:51 PM
MoH does have way the hell better hit reg. I will give it that much credit.

Considering your bullets may as well be laser beams it should :)

@DevilDog it's an open beta. Alpha plz, I haven't even heard news about people play testing a "closed beta" of MOH, this is the game you're seeing. 3-6 months after MOH release all the quirks will be ironed out, but who and why would you even pick up this title unless it's just a pirated copy for the single player.

Zeeso
07-15-2010, 10:59 PM
About to fire it up. A lot of appointment seems to surround this game, most likely will not be buying until ..... steam has some sale that is 156% off aka winter/summer sales.

Coleman `
07-15-2010, 11:01 PM
i found it to be every crappy aspect of BC2 and MW2 combined, for an ultimately crap-tastic piece of crap. ez mode point and click shooters like that certainly have no business priced at 60 bucks.

That first line is almost verbatim how I've been describing it to people ever since I got into the beta. The bad parts of BC2 + MW2 = a joke.

I just tried it again (Steam beta etc), and it's just... stupid. Not to mention the controls are absolutely terrible, and the options to edit them are broken as ♥♥♥♥.

Screw that game.

-=DevilDog=-
07-15-2010, 11:25 PM
-[oMaN;16095447']Considering your bullets may as well be laser beams it should :)

@DevilDog it's an open beta. Alpha plz, I haven't even heard news about people play testing a "closed beta" of MOH, this is the game you're seeing. 3-6 months after MOH release all the quirks will be ironed out, but who and why would you even pick up this title unless it's just a pirated copy for the single player.

They can't release this. They can't. They will literally suffer epic losses and I'm not using that term as slang either. I actually mean EPIC losses. Losses in sales, losses in customers, and they might even suffer "I will never buy another title from them again" losses.

I'm actually trying to be helpful here. I'm an advanced user. I've been playing games for a long time. I know how to set them up and figure them out. This thing was extremely difficult to even get into the game. It doesn't have a functional UI let alone an intutive User Interface. Really, I'm not trying to just bash on it. I hope to God they read this and fallback and rethink this.

I know what a beta is. It's just not there. There is not just bugs, there is entire portions of the game missing. DICE...somebody from DICE, PM me, I'll give you my phone number. Let's talk about this. I discuss things rationally and not emotionally. This title has name recognition and so does your company. I fear that EA is pushing a Christmas release this year on you. I know it happens all the time. Don't do it. If you want sales volume then opush it off to next Chistmas or the one after, but in this state not an entire army of dev's could get this ready in time.

I'm really beside myself here, because I know what DICE is capable of. I've messed with Alphas Alpha finals, Beta's and their subsequent versions and RC's. If this thing goes live with only minor tweaks I don't think I could fully describe what would happen.

That UI needs serious attention. I haven't been into in depth yet, but a UI is a major deal, and that UI really needs a serious overhaul. There will be myraids of users who won't even be able to setup the game and won;t be able to get into the game as it is now. Getting out of the game? Heck, I still cannot figure out what I did to exit out of it. I was almost ready to CTRL+ALT+DEL my rig just to get out of it. I was literally hitting keys at random.

On a positive note I can say that the effects in the UI are eye catching and it does have some nice graphical features, but the usuability aspect, and ease of use, as well as missing features is what needs attention. I noticed that the radio buttons had quite a bit of spark to them, and they had nice effects, but alot of needed fuhnctions are not there. The buttons should be larger, makes it much much eaiser to navigate.

solidus90
07-16-2010, 12:00 AM
us pc gamers have standards, those on console however do not (well to what degree is questionable), bottom line is MOH will make good money, no so much on pc but deffinatly on ps3 and 360. whats the bet it also has map packs that need to be purchased. also i got a feeling alot of mw2 guys who are sick of player hosted games/hackers but dont want to migrate to bc2 will start playing this.

Zeeso
07-16-2010, 12:36 AM
Allright so I just played it, here are my thoughts because I know you are dying to hear them.

- As I have heard, the guns have ZERO recoil. As in, ak-47 full spray across the entire map with pinpoint accuracy. This makes the game incredibly easy if you are skilled in any FPS whatsoever. I was 40-10 in my first round. If you can aim, you will drop bad guys like flies
- It does nothing new, and while the gameplay is incredibly easy and linear. I have to admit that it was kind of fun. However, not 60$ worth of fun. Maybe 25. So I will wait for a sale.
- The sound is very very good.
- Not sure what the gamemode was called, I will just call it Medal of Honor Rush. It was fun, fast paced, very linear. But I am sure it will get old VERY fast.
- Deathmatch on Kabul Ruins was just terrible, basically a box with some buildings in it. Teams run around box chasing each other, killing, game ends.
- The only thing that could possibly make this last even a little while would be if they added a TON of maps to the actual release. And I mean a ton. Gameplay will get old way to quickly.

Anyways , nothing new here, move along, just adding to the heap.

Overall it is a fun arcade shooter that involves little to no adaptation if you have played any fps games before. Enjoyable, but not 60$ worth of enjoyment. I would not buy this on release, unless the singleplayer blows people out of the water, which it very might do.

Ciaos
07-16-2010, 01:38 AM
Although I actually refunded my pre-order, I will get it at a 50% off. It isn't as bad you lads make out, especially it being a few months from release

i100k100
07-16-2010, 03:57 AM
I have a feeling DICE intentionally made medal of honor so ♥♥♥♥ to piss EA off. They would have low sell rates and could continue their work in a slower pace, since EA would see that such projects cannot be finished that quickly.

I seriously do not believe DICE is capable of creating such a ♥♥♥♥ty game - I've played free mods that were WAY better than this.

Whis
07-16-2010, 07:41 AM
I seriously do not believe DICE is capable of creating such a ♥♥♥♥ty game - I've played free mods that were WAY better than this.
I would have said the same thing a couple months ago but even BFBC2 should have been alot better than what it is now. This clearly isn't the same DICE of old anymore (not that they were ever great at providing post-launch support for instance). Sure does make you look forward to Battlefield 3 though. :(

DrunkPunk
07-16-2010, 07:53 AM
I have a feeling DICE intentionally made medal of honor so ♥♥♥♥ to jarate EA off. They would have low sell rates and could continue their work in a slower pace, since EA would see that such projects cannot be finished that quickly.

EA Los Angeles is responsible for the majority of the development. DICE helped out on multiplayer, sure, but EA Los Angeles are the ones that built this game up in terms of concept and design. Although, it wouldn't surprise me that DICE could be capable of it if they were trying to make an arcadish shooter to compete wiht MW2.

RaranTroff
07-16-2010, 07:58 AM
We are talking about a company that has yet to get a simple thing like hit reg right in the entire history of all their games. Even ID games had that figured out back in early to mid 90s.

MoH though is a whole new level of broken code that Dice should know better than to release. There are one of 2 scenarios at work here.

1. A bet that to see just how far standards have fallen. "I bet you can't sell an alpha state game as a open beta and get suckers to pre order it?"

2. They have just stopped caring about what gaming is truly about......hint its not bending the customer over the counter and screwing them by charging 60 bucks for what passes for a quality game these days. MoH is way below the used DS shovelware you see in the bargain bins at GameStop as far as quality goes.

ckd
07-16-2010, 08:06 AM

At first I thought you couldn't choose another res, but you actually have to press enter on the resolution option to see the list of resolutions, can't just use the mouse click it...lol, not really user-friendly.

The game keeps crashing every time I try to change enter/exit vehicle in the controls...

Nvm, it keeps crashing whenever I attempt to change any of the controls under the enter/exit vehicles...what a f@#king joke. :/
I guess I'll have to use default ones.

And the server browser just doesn't really work, nothing shows up until I sort them by hitting the categories, and even then I can't really find a suitable server...Grrr. I went to Matchmake and pressed find a server...nothing happened. Ugh, gonna try again.

So I restarted the game, and I found a server...where the loading screen took a bloody while, so I decided to alt-tab, and it crashed...

Then I finally got in, and yeah there's pretty much no recoil lol. It wouldn't have been so bad, except when I pressed y to chat, I couldn't type ♥♥♥♥♥ and I was stuck, unable to cancel. Well, that was okay, because I could still shoot albeit standing right there in the open. And then the game crashed a minute later...

Bad first impression. Utter failure. Wow.

Gates1986
07-16-2010, 08:14 AM

I hate it when people say this. You make it sound like they're going to do a complete re-haul of the game to make it perfect. I'm sorry to tell you this but what you see here is 90% of what you'll get in the final version. They may fix some things like the recoil issue and a couple of bugs but that's it. This game has become the exact duplicate of MW2 just to get sales.

Redtide
07-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Multiplayer of that game needs to be completely redone to be worth it. Recoil, explosion radius, gun balance of any kind, all of it needs to be scrapped and start anew.

hgdyth
07-16-2010, 10:49 AM
You mean a game that was produced in like half a year is ♥♥♥♥? Thanks for opening my eyes.

-=DevilDog=-
07-16-2010, 11:21 AM
I hate it when people say this. You make it sound like they're going to do a complete re-haul of the game to make it perfect. I'm sorry to tell you this but what you see here is 90% of what you'll get in the final version. They may fix some things like the recoil issue and a couple of bugs but that's it. This game has become the exact duplicate of MW2 just to get sales.

I don't think you get the meaning of my posts at all.

What I am saying is they need to rethink that. If they don't they will be out of buisness. If they sell this thing in it's current state...well, they won't sell it. There is no way I'd buy this game in it's current state for any ammount of money. I don;t care if it was 5 dollars. Heck for that matter I wouldn't pay anything for it.

I'm gonna tell 'ya. This is EA's doings. EA should seriously be ran out of the industry because they are systematically destroying every good game dev they come into contact with.

0saladin0
07-16-2010, 11:32 AM
MOH is just terrible! I played one game where one camper got 64/1 k/d ratio and i think it tells all. May be it's a little better than Crap warfare 2 only because it has dedicated servers support. In other aspects it's mw 2 - it's a terrible arcade shooter, no recoil at all ( i never had so many headshots), campers and camping snipers are awarded with nice killstreaks, no team play

There were campers in the MoH Beta?! Wow, no ♥♥♥♥. There are campers in every game.

RaranTroff
07-16-2010, 11:33 AM
EA isn't as bad as they used to be. They are striving to suck less and they are in fact sucking less. Look at Activision they are way worse than EA could ever think of being. At least EA still lets devs put dedicated servers into their fps games.

DrunkPunk
07-16-2010, 11:37 AM
EA isn't as bad as they used to be. They are striving to suck less and they are in fact sucking less. Look at Activision they are way worse than EA could ever think of being. At least EA still lets devs put dedicated servers into their fps games.

haha, IW was the one that made the decision for no dedicated servers. they wanted their IWNet to be the next big thing. While Activision has done some dumb stuff, the blind rage hatred for them is amusing, especially by all the uneducated comments such as this.

EA has never really done much to redeem themselves in my eyes. They still rush all their major releases (BC2, Warhammer, ect) so that they're filled with bugs and balance issues, and their in house developers (such as the EA Los Angeles, who is primarily responsible for all that is MoH) are clearly going in a downward direction, as seen in this beta.

RaranTroff
07-16-2010, 11:52 AM
I just said EA sucks less. They still suck and do a great job of it at that. :)

Kosh401
07-16-2010, 12:44 PM
I get that it's a Beta and that lots of bugs and things are going to exist. So we have to do our best to look past (and report) the bugs and focus on the gameplay elements.

Unfortunately, so far my time with the MoH Beta has been a huge let down in terms of gameplay. Which can't be easily fixed or patched up. It feels like 3 steps backwards with a side-shuffle over to MW2's gameplay.

I honestly don't even think I'll make much effort to keep an eye on it any more because I can't see them making the drastic changes necessary to make it feel like an epic Battlefield game. Bad Company 2 might be the end of the line for me :/

Panromir
07-16-2010, 12:45 PM
i found it to be every crappy aspect of BC2 and MW2 combined, for an ultimately crap-tastic piece of crap
^this

Also its terribly bugged and... bugged

zeus710
07-16-2010, 12:53 PM
There were campers in the MoH Beta?! Wow, no ♥♥♥♥. There are campers in every game.

you're right! There are campers in BF 2, in BC 2 in COD 4, COD 5, MW2, but they should not be awarded with powerful killstreaks that are capable to wipe out the whole rival team in one blast. I am ready to praise Dice for creating BC 2 only concerning the fact that snipers can't rule the game. They need to take their campy ♥♥♥ and arm the MCOM. Every other class can also have a glorious k/d ratio but he won't help his team too much by camping somewhere behind. The game that spoiled all was MW 2. I played it for 2 months and said enough. It turned into a campers/snipers paradise, that were sitting in some dark corner and getting their killstreaks. I had a clan member who even developed a tactic. Camping till harrier it gives you easily a chopper gunner (11 killstreak) with chopper gunner it was piece of cake to get tactical nuke (25 killstreak). The same thing i see here. I am not scared by terrible browser and bugs, i see it's a beta. i am scared by stupid, shallow, arcade shooter and awards for lone wolves and campers. that what they try to sell us. it's great for consoles, may be. i don't think it's any good for pc. may be for $20 max, no chance i'll buy it for $59.99