PDA

View Full Version : iron sites

chEmicalbuRn
07-16-2010, 06:16 AM
whats with the iron sites? i look down them to aim at somebody only to realize that there is a fricken cross hair that is half and inch higher. can you remove that? its weird to aim, cause you go to iron site, but then have to reset your eyes from the iron site notch to focus on the xhair, and then re-adjust your aim. then if the target is at a distance, do you acount for gravity? if so then i guess you aim offset to the xhair, so now your aiming in between the xhair and iron site notch. FFS

Koraboros
07-16-2010, 06:18 AM
Simple solution:

It's an FPS, so use the crosshairs.

chEmicalbuRn
07-16-2010, 06:21 AM
Simple solution:

It's an FPS, so use the crosshairs.

mmmmmmK?

qedqed
07-16-2010, 06:39 AM
This game had some choice made by some total incompetents.

The ironsight thing is just dumb. What about the stupid mouse sensitivity change? Or let's talk about the color chosen for Friendly units... RED. I'm playing computer games since the Commodore 64 and i can garant this is the only game using the red color for friendly units.

FubyDoo
07-16-2010, 06:56 AM
I thought the same thing, almost shelved the game just due to the iron sights. I really doubt they have bullet drop in here either. wait, the maps are not big enough for bullet drop..so whats with a sniper class? like that one shot wonder can actually have time in here? :)

Then I gained a few levels and found you add scopes, red dots etc. to the weapons. Now, it sights right. why they didn't for iron sights is a real dumb decision if you ask me.. even gumball chewers in shorts like to sight down iron sights! but..

Deal with the crosshairs for a few levels then it gets better as you mod up. not great, but better.

Atomic Hamster
07-16-2010, 07:41 AM
Cos when the kids are all jacked up on fizzy drinks and red sweets they don't have time to look down the sites and scream 'STOP CAMPING NOOOOB!' at the same time so it's just for show.

chEmicalbuRn
07-16-2010, 08:56 AM
Cos when the kids are all jacked up on fizzy drinks and red sweets they don't have time to look down the sites and scream 'STOP CAMPING NOOOOB!' at the same time so it's just for show.

prolly true, but atleast give us the option to remove it.

Le Pie
07-16-2010, 09:58 AM
actually when you level up you get proper iron sites,only the t1 sites have this problem

Vaemer-Riit
07-17-2010, 06:32 AM
Or let's talk about the color chosen for Friendly units... RED. I'm playing computer games since the Commodore 64 and i can garant this is the only game using the red color for friendly units.

Counter Strike: Source: The Terrorist are always red, the CTs are always Blue

Battlefield Vietnam: The Vietcong are always Red, the US forces are always Blue

Dystopia: Punks are always Red, Corp Sec are always Blue

need I continue?

david_grove
07-17-2010, 06:36 AM

need I continue?

To be honest I never found it to be that big an issue. I mean, look at something even as recent as Team Fortress 2. Blue vs Red, they don't change color just because of what side you're on. Just know your color and you're fine.

Vaemer-Riit
07-17-2010, 06:47 AM
Oh I agree. I was just responding to his blatant lie about no other games EVER use red to mark allies.

qedqed
07-17-2010, 07:28 AM

need I continue?

CSS -> year 2004
Battlefield Vietnam -> year 2004
Dystopia -> year 2005 HL2 unknown mod, cant even find an image on wikipedia, it must be very famous.

You know how many RECENT games have red color for hostile? Anyway, since you can't understand what i wrote, in this game friendly units are _always_ red.

EDIT: Just to write some games:

World of Warcraft 11.5 Milion of active subscribers (Blizzard)
Starcraft 11 Milion units sold
Half Life 9.3 Milion units sold
Half Life 2 6.5 Milion units sold
Doom 5 Milion units sold

Vaemer-Riit
07-17-2010, 07:50 AM
Dystopia -> year 2005 HL2 unknown mod, cant even find an image on wikipedia, it must be very famous.

Because you apparently can't seem to use Wikipedia I do it for you:

Dystopia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dystopia_(video_game))

Or let's talk about the color chosen for Friendly units... RED. I'm playing computer games since the Commodore 64 and i can garant this is the only game using the red color for friendly units.

You did not ask for recent games, you said that this was the ONLY game that used Red to mark allies. I was just showing you that you where wrong.

Anyway, since you can't understand what i wrote, in this game friendly units are _always_ red.

Well that makes it even easier, just don't shoot the red guys.

qedqed
07-17-2010, 08:04 AM
You did not ask for recent games, you said that this was the ONLY game that used Red to mark allies. I was just showing you that you where wrong.

I give up with you, I thought you could understand RED, ALWAYS and FRIENDLY. For the last time "Blacklight: Tanfo Down is the only game using always a red color for friendly units." And with game i mean something not a mod made by 2 students.

About Dystopia:
Languages

* Deutsch
* Italiano
* Русский

Wow a wiki page in only 3 languages? The Italian one doesnt even have an image, same as the Deutsch and the Русский one.

Afterall, i don't think anyone is interesed in your completelly offtopic post. Open a thread or PM me.

ZernoK
07-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Wow.. you get the best thing of all, a crosshair that zooms further in on targets, does NOT block half your screen and you are ♥♥♥♥♥ing about it?

Nickelpat
07-17-2010, 10:30 AM
CSS -> year 2004
Battlefield Vietnam -> year 2004

You know how many RECENT games have red color for hostile? Anyway, since you can't understand what i wrote, in this game friendly units are _always_ red.

EDIT: Just to write some games:

World of Warcraft 11.5 Milion of active subscribers (Blizzard)
Starcraft 11 Milion units sold
Half Life 9.3 Milion units sold
Half Life 2 6.5 Milion units sold
Doom 5 Milion units sold

Nice list of games, 2 are offline, one is an RTS, one is an MMORPG, and one is older than dirt. Why did you list those?

And the friendlies are BLUE. Look at the names above their heads at the names. They're blue to me. Either way, it's not my fault you can't adapt to a new simple rule:

"Don't Shoot Red!"

It's can't be THAT hard. But it doesn't really matter, because the friendlies aren't always red! :P They have blue names. If you're on the order they may have red names, I'd have to play to make sure though. Which, surprise surprise, stays in line with a lot of games. Like Team Fortress 2.

Back to my initial question, why the random list of games?

- Eric M.

P.S. If you're going to call someone incompetent, proofread the post and get a spell check. Guarantee, not "garant".

qedqed
07-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Back to my initial question, why the random list of games?

Are the list of the top 5 most sold PC online games, connect your brain, there are numbers on the right. Once again ppl fail at reading. All the most played FPS are not using red names for friendly units like Modern Warfare 2, Bad Company 2, Team Fortress 2 and so on.

I dont give a damn by the color of friendly units. It's just the
Xth hit telling you how amateurish is the level of game designers.

* Menu are messed up, fast sliding background images are very annoying and with a bigger graphical impact than the menu.
* The already told random friendly unit color.
* Mouse movements with 3 different sensitivity if you walk, run or aim. Every competitive FPS player knows how important is to have only ONE constant mouse sensitivity and to have mouse acceleration off for a fast and precise reactions on stress situation.
* No tooltips about what the 3 weapon bars are.
* No 5 min tutorial telling you the game mechanics.
* No chatbox.

The funny thing is the gameplay is actually decent.

Nickelpat
07-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Are the list of the top 5 most sold PC online games, connect your brain, there are numbers on the right. Once again ppl fail at reading. All the most played FPS are not using red names for friendly units like Modern Warfare 2, Bad Company 2, Team Fortress 2 and so on.

I dont give a damn by the color of friendly units. It's just the
Xth hit telling you how amateurish is the level of game designers.

* Menu are messed up, fast sliding background images are very annoying and with a bigger graphical impact than the menu.
* The already told random friendly unit color.
* Mouse movements with 3 different sensitivity if you walk, run or aim. Every competitive FPS player knows how important is to have only ONE constant mouse sensitivity and to have mouse acceleration off for a fast and precise reactions on stress situation.
* No tooltips about what the 3 weapon bars are.
* No 5 min tutorial telling you the game mechanics.
* No chatbox.

The funny thing is the gameplay is actually decent.

I can read fine, I can also spell those difficult six letter words, like people.

I get that they're PC games, buy WHY? Who brought up any kind of topic relating to the top 5 sold PC games?

The friendly unit color is NOT random, and I can now say with the greatest confidence, it is NOT red. Just like Team Fortress 2 and quite a few other very successful FPS games, one side is ALWAYS red and the other is ALWAYS blue. You are flat out WRONG here.

I like the menus, I prefer them over most, especially that ugly menu each Source game uses. To each their own though.

I actually have found a lot of games slow down the mouse when running or zoomed in. I know ARMA 2 does, but I'd have to go check the others. It's not really something I've paid too much attention to.

A tip on what each icon does would be great. I believe it's:
- Rate of Fire
- Mobility
- Damage
But I'm not sure. Just guesses.

I don't think you really need a tutorial to be fair. It's pretty simple, just aim and shoot. It's a standard button setup that you can figure out in less than a minute. Because of that, a 5 minute tutorial would have kind of ticked me off. It'd be really irritating to have to go through "Press LMB to fire the primary weapon. Press RMB to use the scope equipped to the weapon. Now try shooting this guy. See how he dies. That's because you shoot bullets. Now, try shooting him in the head. See how he dies quicker?". If anything, just take a quick trip to the options panel and check out the keybinds. That will let you in what button uses the HRV and what not (V turns on HRV by default, 3 does your non-lethal nade, 4 is your lethal one).

The no text chat is inexcusable. Completely.

qedqed
07-17-2010, 05:17 PM
I like the menus, I prefer them over most, especially that ugly menu each Source game uses. To each their own though.

I actually have found a lot of games slow down the mouse when running or zoomed in. I know ARMA 2 does, but I'd have to go check the others. It's not really something I've paid too much attention to.

A tip on what each icon does would be great. I believe it's:
- Rate of Fire
- Mobility
- Damage
But I'm not sure. Just guesses.

I don't think you really need a tutorial to be fair. It's pretty simple, just aim and shoot. It's a standard button setup that you can figure out in less than a minute. Because of that, a 5 minute tutorial would have kind of ticked me off. It'd be really irritating to have to go through "Press LMB to fire the primary weapon. Press RMB to use the scope equipped to the weapon. Now try shooting this guy. See how he dies. That's because you shoot bullets. Now, try shooting him in the head. See how he dies quicker?". If anything, just take a quick trip to the options panel and check out the keybinds. That will let you in what button uses the HRV and what not (V turns on HRV by default, 3 does your non-lethal nade, 4 is your lethal one).

You are wrongon everything. The menu background images are not "background" at all... are foreground images way too bright and moving too fast stealing attention from the menu. It's comparable to the 16 yo kid making his website text in blinking rainbow colors.

You are wrong about ARMA II, in some games you can't slide while running, not changing mouse sensitivity while running.

You are wrong about what bars are and i'm not gonna tell you since you are so smart you will figure it out by yourself.

You are wrong about the tutorial. Not everyone is an FPS player and many ppl just buy they game, get inside, die 20 times in a raw because they dont know what HRV is and no one is telling you if you don't google it. Leave the game for good.
What about the digital grenade? The normal Grenade?
No explanation about game types even if moset of the times it's self explaning.

That's acceptable only for a BETA, not for a final release.

Alexc26
07-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Nickeplat, there is no need for a chatbox.

So qedqed, you expect people to be spoonfeed everything ? Its obvious what HRV is when you use it for the first time, incredibly obvious, if people get in the game and die 20 times in a ROW, then they need to get better, or stop playing.

Again, its obvious what a normal grenade does, and what the digital grenade does, why make tooltips and help for obvious things ?

qedqed
07-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Nickeplat, there is no need for a chatbox.

So qedqed, you expect people to be spoonfeed everything ? Its obvious what HRV is when you use it for the first time, incredibly obvious, if people get in the game and die 20 times in a ROW, then they need to get better, or stop playing.

Again, its obvious what a normal grenade does, and what the digital grenade does, why make tooltips and help for obvious things ?

It is not. Who will ever press V if they dont know V is binded? I read a review and some posts saying digital grenades block HVR sight, that's not true. It just causes the yellow boxes moving, you can see enemies and objectives through it. Did you know the digital grenade is also doing a small ammount of damage (about 50 dmg) not like a normal flashbang?

Games having success are the ones for everyone, not only for geek ppl.

Alexc26
07-17-2010, 05:43 PM
It is not. Who will ever press V if they dont know V is binded? I read a review and some posts saying digital grenades block HVR sight, that's not true. It just causes the yellow boxes moving, you can see enemies and objectives through it. Did you know the digital grenade is also doing a small ammount of damage (about 50 dmg) not like a normal flashbang?

Haha, it is obvious, seriously, yes you have to look in the options to see what button its binded to, but that takes what, 5 seconds max ? How could you not work out what it does once you use it if you see people through walls ? the biggest use and give away of what it does. You don't have to be a geek to know that if you press V and all of a sudden you can see where people are through walls, you know what it does.

And know, I didn't know that extra stuff you said, but it hasn't affected me knowing that know, you can't expect developers to tell everything about the game to people, surely people have enough common sense to work out what a few simple things do ?

Memphis-Ahn
07-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Do most people check key binds and the How to Play menus?

Well, they should, if you don't bother to read the manual/help then don't even bother playing, I don't like playing with illiterates who don't even bother to learn about a game before they play it.

Thanks.

Nickelpat
07-17-2010, 08:15 PM

Well, I think if you're completely new to FPS games, you might check the keybinds, maybe the "How to Play" section? Just a thought there.

And yes, I AM right about ARMA 2. When you sprint, you can not spin around and when you are zoomed in down the iron sights it does slow down the movement a little.

The menu is tastes. Personally I like the more active, dynamic style of the menu. I have no issue with viewing and using it. If you do, that does not make it "bad" it means you don't like it. It's called an opinion, the one you have is not the one everyone has.

You're right, I was wrong on the bars. Being so incredibly, awesomely smart, I did find them, and in order:

Damage
Speed
Health

About 5 people said the same thing and then an admin on the official BL:TD boards said it, so lets go with it.

Source:
http://forums.ignitionusa.net/showthread.php?t=2756&highlight=weapon+stats

And if you cannot tell what a "Deathmatch" or "Team Deathmatch" is by reading the name well, you probably can't read and I just made a moot point. You can figure out Domination and Retrieval by just watching the team for a little bit. If you can't use the same deductive reasoning they teach in high school geometry classes, maybe you should stay away from online games and go finish your schooling.

Sorry, but I like to play with literate people, just like Memphis.

Esthin
07-18-2010, 04:48 AM
You're red: Friendlies = Red.

You're blue: Friendlies = Blue.

Team colours. Learn them.

Simple.

I know its not the 'normal' thing to do, but I can cope fine with it..

Controls
First thing I did, and ALWAYS do in EVERY game I play:
Check controls
Rebind if I don't like them

Do it yourself its handy.

qedqed
07-18-2010, 05:57 AM
Well, I think if you're completely new to FPS games, you might check the keybinds, maybe the "How to Play" section? Just a thought there.

And yes, I AM right about ARMA 2. When you sprint, you can not spin around and when you are zoomed in down the iron sights it does slow down the movement a little.

The menu is tastes. Personally I like the more active, dynamic style of the menu. I have no issue with viewing and using it. If you do, that does not make it "bad" it means you don't like it. It's called an opinion, the one you have is not the one everyone has.

You're right, I was wrong on the bars. Being so incredibly, awesomely smart, I did find them, and in order:

Damage
Speed
Health

About 5 people said the same thing and then an admin on the official BL:TD boards said it, so lets go with it.

Source:
http://forums.ignitionusa.net/showthread.php?t=2756&highlight=weapon+stats

And if you cannot tell what a "Deathmatch" or "Team Deathmatch" is by reading the name well, you probably can't read and I just made a moot point. You can figure out Domination and Retrieval by just watching the team for a little bit. If you can't use the same deductive reasoning they teach in high school geometry classes, maybe you should stay away from online games and go finish your schooling.

Sorry, but I like to play with literate people, just like Memphis.

Yes i'm pretty new to FPS yeah... ScrappyC (http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/ScrappyC).. oh wait! I'm not talking about what i do i'm talking about what the awerage person does. And facts are showing i'm right.

Thanks to the awful develop team this game is already dead after less than a week. Less than 126 players online on steam (42,218 playing Modern Warfare 2) and today Medal of Honor (out in 3 months) sold more copies.

About Arma II i dont know what to say. I just started it and i CAN spin while running, no sensitivity change. I'm talking about mouse sensitivity not movements speed.

The 3 bars are:
Weapon accuracy (longer barrel increases it)
Movements speed (shorter weapon=faster movements)
Health (rumors saying it's related to reload speed too)

Nickelpat
07-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Yes i'm pretty new to FPS yeah... ScrappyC (http://bfbcs.com/stats_pc/ScrappyC).. oh wait! I'm not talking about what i do i'm talking about what the awerage person does. And facts are showing i'm right.

Thanks to the awful develop team this game is already dead after less than a week. Less than 126 players online on steam (42,218 playing Modern Warfare 2) and today Medal of Honor (out in 3 months) sold more copies.

About Arma II i dont know what to say. I just started it and i CAN spin while running, no sensitivity change. I'm talking about mouse sensitivity not movements speed.

The 3 bars are:
Weapon accuracy (longer barrel increases it)
Movements speed (shorter weapon=faster movements)
Health (rumors saying it's related to reload speed too)

No, Qed, look at my source. See how's he's an admin on the official board? Would that not imply that he probably works at Ignition or Zombie, so I'm just going to take his word over yours.

Here's the same link by the way:

http://forums.ignitionusa.net/showthread.php?t=2667&highlight=weapon+stats

Facts? Please show me the study on "How many new gamers open the options to check the keybinds before playing?" I would love to see it. That would be the coolest study ever. Ever.

And I'm not sure when you're looking at, but I always see at LEAST 250 people on, usually 400. And yes, I'm so amazed two of the biggest, most advertised games, backed by Activision and EA, have sold more than a smaller indie game with nearly no advertising. I'm so surprised. We could mention that BL:TD has more players than Lead and Gold. THAT would be a fair comparison. Not "Well MW2 has more players than Blacklight!". Well. Duh. World of Warcraft has more players than Blacklight too.

PS. Yes, I do apologize that it seems I posted the wrong link. I put the correct one in this post. Again, I am sorry for that.

qedqed
07-18-2010, 11:57 AM
I dont care if he is an form admin or something, he doesn't have a clue.

Try it by yourself, same weapon, longer barrel = longer the 1st bar. If it is damage it yould be physically impossible.
You can have a look at the weapon damage chart (can't garant the resoults, i did not make it). CHART (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0An-3ivKlc7r2dFpiNWp5MW9XVWhHQ3ZRVWE2VW1GWFE&hl=en#gid=0) As you can see the damage shown is constant with the weapon type and once again, what changes is the accuracy.

Alexc26
07-18-2010, 05:21 PM
I dont care if he is an form admin or something, he doesn't have a clue.

Try it by yourself, same weapon, longer barrel = longer the 1st bar. If it is damage it yould be physically impossible.
You can have a look at the weapon damage chart (can't garant the resoults, i did not make it). CHART (http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0An-3ivKlc7r2dFpiNWp5MW9XVWhHQ3ZRVWE2VW1GWFE&hl=en#gid=0) As you can see the damage shown is constant with the weapon type and once again, what changes is the accuracy.

Seriously, just be quiet now, you are wrong about most or all of the points you have said, you don't even believe the admin on their forums are correct, stop thinking you are right, and its funny how you show your BC2 profile when responding to "new at FPS" when BC2 isn't exactly an old game, the game does not need to tell people what deathmatch is, or team deathmatch is, if people don't know when they start playing, then they shouldn't be playing games and be doing something else, probably go back to school, now face it you are wrong about all of your points, and be quiet.

qedqed
07-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Seriously, just be quiet now, you are wrong about most or all of the points you have said, you don't even believe the admin on their forums are correct, stop thinking you are right, and its funny how you show your BC2 profile when responding to "new at FPS" when BC2 isn't exactly an old game, the game does not need to tell people what deathmatch is, or team deathmatch is, if people don't know when they start playing, then they shouldn't be playing games and be doing something else, probably go back to school, now face it you are wrong about all of your points, and be quiet.

Yeah, i can link my Unreal Tournament, Quake 3 profile... oh wait... i should have freps'ed DOOM on my 486 too.
How is it related with "old" game? You didn't even read the profile and how many houres i have played?

The admin of a forum is a person with 0 game knowledge. I use my brain insted of trusting evry ♥♥♥♥ i hear.

Top bar is accuracy no matter what you say. I see you are even too lazy to try it by yourself, but you have time to troll the forum.

EDIT: You was so busy trolling you didnt even see my veteran status on Bad Company 2 that means i have played Battlefield 2 + expansios. Are you new to FPS not knowing this?

Alexc26
07-18-2010, 06:57 PM
Yeah, i can link my Unreal Tournament, Quake 3 profile... oh wait... i should have freps'ed DOOM on my 486 too.
How is it related with "old" game? You didn't even read the profile and how many houres i have played?

The admin of a forum is a person with 0 game knowledge. I use my brain insted of trusting evry ♥♥♥♥ i hear.

Top bar is accuracy no matter what you say. I see you are even too lazy to try it by yourself, but you have time to troll the forum.

EDIT: You was so busy trolling you didnt even see my veteran status on Bad Company 2 that means i have played Battlefield 2 + expansios. Are you new to FPS not knowing this?

Actually I didn't read/look throughout your profile, I just noticed how it was BC2 and that had the be a recent FPS which you linked when you say how you aren't new to FPS'S, just seemed rather, stupid.

And you are stupid for not thinking that an Admin, who is either a developer, or someone a developer has chosen to be an admin, to be correct on most things if not everything about the game, that's like asking a member of Valve and asking them something about the game, they tell you something, and you say No it isn't, this is actually what it is.

.\wulfie
07-19-2010, 07:57 AM
Your allies are NOT always RED! Only when you play on The Order, your allies are RED! But when you play on Blacklight, the allies are BLUE!

-EDIT-
btw, it iron SIGHT. (not site ^^)