PDA

View Full Version : So I juggled

forsakenlight
07-16-2010, 03:16 PM
And I got 106k but I feel dead and empty inside. I also witnessed for the first time how interest stops after a time. So I look at the boards and I see most juggle buddies have like 50-70 towers but one name stands out. Can you guess who it is? I will give you a hint, the guy with 150+ towers. So maybe our resident best of the best would like to make a youtube video showing how he overcomes the resource sink created by buying/selling so many towers and milk even extra resources out. Do the aliens even move on your screen?
Not saying there is any cheating here or that you cant get these scores. I got 106k with my first try I am certain if I really liked the play style and wanted to I could get a few thousand more.
I am just intrigued by the 150+ towers part. It almost scares me.
:eek:

Ganjafear
07-16-2010, 05:01 PM
My guess? By placing a few red towers at a certain spot and building two paths with green towers, then selling right when they travel past the towers and rebuild right when they have walked back again, rinsing and repeating. Probably requires playing without speeding up much and pressing the "back" key a lot when you fatfinger the buttons or wait a splitsecond too much.

Losing 25 points per sell probably evens out very fast once you get above a certain amount of resources, and as you can see you can obviously benefit from it by a large margin on most maps.

salmusco
07-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Thank you for compliment ;)You juggled no way!:confused: YOU have Forsaken the light.;) We may convert you yet. Anyway there are many others who have comparable amounts of towers to me. SEE the gamer DODO,PECAN 24,(On last stand boards) and more. Any way I explained this on the wed challenge site. They first go north then you sell a green gun( There are many to choose from)near any side of the desending ramps. They then go south to the cores. When they start going south you then block the opening you made before so they go north. I am constantly buying and selling back and forth (Every few seconds!) so they stay in my kill zone like in almost the same area:D(NOT exactly stopped but on some boards it almost as if they have stopped) Buy not using to many resources to upgrade towers This more than overcomes the minus 25$ per tower sold. You see you cant just juggle you must juggle correctly with imagation. It takes much practice and skill and upgrading not to often but at just the right times. Now if you were to practice and get 120 K you would understand what i am saying. You would be skilled at this juggling and not empty but feeling a sense of accomplishment! Not to brag( sorry D BOT) I feel good about being able to be #1 (THE REAL)on this board i just beat over 50,000 jugglers and non jugglers alike not chest pounding good but like a sense of accomplishment. And yes I am shocked I have been able to accomplish that! OK IM not going to make videos of all boards so people can just get copy cat scores!

forsakenlight
07-16-2010, 06:38 PM
So I was right you buy and sell so fast it is like a blur
But ganja even with 25 per tower with 80-100 towers that is a few thousand resources
Nothing really against it, I am joking most of the time
I just prefer a the maps where you must build a proper assortment of towers to kill each type of alien fast enough without losing too much resource
Balancing it out instead of just building 50 level 1 gun towers with a few red
Preference is all it is.
Build too much of the wrong tower and certain aliens will get by. Upgrade too much too soon you lose resources. It has a different feel to it and more laid back. Not so much back and forth.
I kind of like these single core challenges, don't even worry about interest on them. Just BANG BANG kill fast.
But takista dominates even these.

And the dead and empty thing was a joke. Most of the stuff I say people seem to take out of context. It is meant to be humor. I try to be obvious. Anyway your micromanagement is something to be feared. Thanks for not taking offense.

salmusco
07-16-2010, 07:24 PM
Yes Taskisa is my friend and hes the man. And yes a juggler! He is smarter then I. He keeping quiet. Not giving away secrets. I should have not talked. Any way im pretty good at strait up boards ( just because of experience) and getting beter i hope to challenge him there soon. Any way nice try.;) But no video. well sometimes i buy and sell a alittle slower but this board is tactically tough to juggle.(IN my way)Darts make me want to pull out my hair on this board. Anyway to me its not hard work its become second nature as I juggle i think about my upgrages. The way i do things its not always the smartest just most creative(sorry D Bot now i am the most creative?)I respect the way you want to play. I just think peolpe should respect what we top jugglers do. Its smart and creative. I just dont think people get that. If they new the true amount of thought and creativity involved. They would have actual repect for the top juggle gamers.

forsakenlight
07-16-2010, 08:34 PM
I do respect the way you play, I just like to poke fun at the same time
I mean everyone calls it juggling....like my comment about being in a circus. Circus, juggling....fits
I just don't have enough patience to juggle. I think that is pretty much what it boils down to.
Waste management has a single core challenge. You can juggle there but there is no interest so I don't know how it would work.

forsakenlight
07-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Oh yea I still got some good ranks on some of the containment challenges. May go back ad work at that map again sometime.
I even did better than takista on one. So if anyone wants to play around on there and beat my scores then let me know what towers you used. Or I will eat your brain.
Haha there is one challenge where this guy has 100 more points than me in #1
frustrating...well not really :)

fortunz
07-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Oh yea I still got some good ranks on some of the containment challenges. May go back ad work at that map again sometime.
I even did better than takista on one. So if anyone wants to play around on there and beat my scores then let me know what towers you used. Or I will eat your brain.
Haha there is one challenge where this guy has 100 more points than me in #1
frustrating...well not really :)

I'll give containment another go and we can get a little comp going. I added you in my friend's list, if you'll accept the invite, we can see each other's scores in game.

Edit: on my first go for story reversed, you've still got me bested by 10k. Pretty decent scoring.

TBird
07-17-2010, 12:59 AM
With the hints from the last challenge, I tried juggling too, and I still dislike it with a passion :p

So once you come up with your setup you sit there for 15 waves, sell tower left, build tower right and then sell tower right and build tower left. :(

It's just not made for me. The aesthetic pleasure of calmly watching the aliens fail wave after wave because of my strategic layout is totally gone. Meanwhile I am sitting there closely watching one small part of the map, selling towers left and right and cursing the developer for having implemented such a long sell tower time (I am wondering no pro-juggler wants that reduced, would make juggling so much more effective).

Ah well, people are different, I trust at the end of July you will all be gone anyway to beat up Zerg with the new Starcraft 2... ;)

Ganjafear
07-17-2010, 01:19 AM
I'll give containment another go and we can get a little comp going. I added you in my friend's list, if you'll accept the invite, we can see each other's scores in game.

Edit: on my first go for story reversed, you've still got me bested by 10k. Pretty decent scoring.

Were cannon towers not reduced in damage output? Then I think it will be very hard to beat top scores on containment any more.

fortunz
07-17-2010, 01:29 AM
Were cannon towers not reduced in damage output? Then I think it will be very hard to beat top scores on containment any more.

Did that happen after the leaderboards were wiped?

salmusco
07-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Dont worry you will get better and get it to like it more as time goes on.:D The towers you juggle will be much nearer to your one kill zone as you get better at juggling. You will see the whole board and it will be second nature to you. Try selling one tower before actually blocking there path by buying another. I know you and all your non jug friends;)will continue to juggle now that you have tasted the forbidden fruit.You have fallen from grace;)you are now Forsaken;)

salmusco
07-17-2010, 02:29 PM
Yes there was a cannon fast foward bug. It might be harder to make some scores now. However once the cannon bug was cleared they changed the value of each core to off set the bug. Core were once valued at 1k are now valued at 2K.

fortunz
07-17-2010, 02:34 PM
The story reversed mode is a lot less cannon dependent, so those scores are a lot more competitive.

I think the top 5 practice mode scores are probably out of reach. I haven't dabbled much in the other modes yet, so I can't be sure.

salmusco
07-17-2010, 02:43 PM
I think all modes may be competitive. The core value change adds a whooping 24 k to the new scores.

fortunz
07-17-2010, 02:45 PM
I think all modes may be competive. The core value change adds a whooping 24 k to the new scores.

Point taken. Maybe they're just out of *my* reach. I really can't imagine squeezing more than another hundie out the practice mode, if that.

salmusco
07-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Practice boards are not my favorite. so i just dont know. Also almost beat Takiska on reverse cont.good job!

fortunz
08-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Also almost beat Takiska on reverse cont.good job!

It can't possibly be worth the time it took, but I finally beat him. He'll probably have it back by tomorrow. :(

salmusco
08-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Congrats on Cont. Rev.! At least he will be chasing your score instead of mine.;) Anyway tested out if your Command does reach the upper platform in urban. I am fairly certain it does i was getting 15 points per alien instead of 10 at least it appeared that way. Anyway you can see the red outline does actually cover the top platform. And i know height is no issue when it comes to getting extra points with flyers. I do think however it may not be worth losing the extra points on the bottom the command will not exactly cover the whole bottom kill zone at that location.