PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to change that ugly background?

Xcava86X
07-17-2010, 09:00 PM
As the title says.

barber111
07-17-2010, 10:21 PM
google it
sorry not useful

Xcava86X
07-17-2010, 10:47 PM
google it
sorry not useful

Thanks anyway, I knew how to change the background but after the update something is changed and I came here, so, asking to the developers of the last build where is located the new background pic, and what I have to do to change it!

str8forthakill
07-18-2010, 12:13 AM
Indeed something is changed, i cant put any pictures as background, i do put both widescreen and regular vtf and vmf files in there:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\*nickname*\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\console

background01.vmt
background01.vtf
background01_widescreen.vmt
background01_widescreen.vtf

The custom image is when the game loads up, but when you enter the menu it goes to the new idiotic background that makes stuff unreadable.

I got it to work with a single black pixel tho, simply black background, but i would want a custom image... but.. wha..

Xcava86X
07-18-2010, 04:14 AM
Indeed something is changed, i cant put any pictures as background, i do put both widescreen and regular vtf and vmf files in there:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\*nickname*\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\console

background01.vmt
background01.vtf
background01_widescreen.vmt

The custom image is when the game loads up, but when you enter the menu it goes to the new idiotic background that makes stuff unreadable.

I got it to work with a single black pixel tho, simply black background, but i would want a custom image... but.. wha..

Man it works! :D

Just try to delete the .vmt file.

I've only these files:

background01.vtf

and an unrequired background.vtf, all are copies of the same file. Now I've back a customized background love you ♥

rainman_1337
07-18-2010, 07:44 AM
You can't delete the background because it's contained in a .gfc file.

What you can do is tell CS:S to use another one. Do this by placing a texture file with the same name as the original background file here ..cstrike\materials\console

If you want to make your own background import a picture (it should have the same aspect ratio and resolution (this can be higher) as your screen) into this program (http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?c=178). Then simply save it as background01.vtf or background01_widescreen.vtf depending on what aspect ratio your screen has.

You can find a lot of custom menu backgrounds here (http://www.fpsbanana.com/guicats/117) at FPSBanana.

str8forthakill
07-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Man it works! :D

Just try to delete the .vmt file.

I've only these files:

background01.vtf

and an unrequired background.vtf, all are copies of the same file. Now I've back a customized background love you ♥

woot, it worked when i deleted the .vmt files, thanks.

blunt1
07-18-2010, 04:55 PM
note that if you join a server with sv_pure 2 it will reset the screen to the old one untill restart

asdfghjklqwerty
06-03-2013, 09:23 AM
This doesn't work anymore, does anyone know what to do?