PDA

View Full Version : Classes?

Lemon_Powered
07-18-2010, 02:34 AM
Maybe its obvious but

I was curious as to what the class specifics are, or does anybody know?

blueplastic
07-18-2010, 02:49 AM
Medic - heals
Tech - i don't know...he builds a sentry?
Officer - makes team mates stronger
Special Weapons - big giant badass weapons

That's my prediction

Xenoyia
07-18-2010, 02:59 AM
Tech sounds awesome ;)

DeepQantas
07-18-2010, 03:31 AM
Techies Hackers bypass doors and peek into people's emails.

YujiTFD
07-18-2010, 03:57 AM
Back in 2004 Medics were healing the squad's health and infestation from egg-parasites (nasty tiny bastards, quick and agile as hell, autoaimed or wide-area weapon was the best option to get rid of them within 5 seconds or marine dies). Techies were hacking security, deploying sentry guns and ammunition supplies.
I hope each class' role has been improved, to keep gameplay fresh. Despite classic one was totally awesome already, you can't be awesome enough :D

ph41lkid
07-18-2010, 04:21 AM
Medic - heals
Tech - i don't know...he builds a sentry?
Officer - makes team mates stronger
Special Weapons - big giant badass weapons

That's my prediction

I get feeling everyone's gonna be special weapons

DreamSphinx
07-18-2010, 04:52 AM

I can just imagine people getting votekicked because the host changed his mind and wanted to be a special weapons, and someone else is already it.

Nekomancer
07-18-2010, 04:53 AM
Medic, Tech or Officer for me. I like to support my team, not be the main damage dealer ;).

I can still play the class in Single Player.

ph41lkid
07-18-2010, 07:30 AM
I can just imagine people getting votekicked because the host changed his mind and wanted to be a special weapons, and someone else is already it.

hmmm so wait, the coop only allows 1 of each class in each game?

Nekomancer
07-18-2010, 07:33 AM
Yes, because all classes are needed one way or the other. If you need to hack a door but don't have a Tech the mission automatically fails.

L1ON
07-18-2010, 07:40 AM

it does make you wonder what will make sp. weapons so special

Bindal
07-18-2010, 07:44 AM
it does make you wonder what will make sp. weapons so special
They don't fit to the other classes - that makes them special.

Venexis
07-18-2010, 07:47 AM
This is what i think they are when looking at this here picture (http://cdn.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/630/ss_1f1d196ebb925cb93caf845e7e352e85542d9e76.1920x1 080.jpg?t=1279301460).

Medic - Healing
Medigun
Flamethrower
Freezing Grenade Ability

MEDIC! I need a medic here! Simples...

Tech - More advanced weaponry
Sub-machine gun/Assault Rifle
Pistol thingy
Rocket ability

From the previous mod on the 2k4 version, someone was needed to hack into doors and also reseal them so the aliens had trouble getting to you. This is most likely what this class will also do if that mechanic has been kept.

Officer - Explosions and more dmg
Shotgun
Grenade Launcher
Trip mine

Big Explosions! I mean, come on, Grenade Launcher and what looks like mines... Good for dealing with alot of bugs at one time or setting up a defensive point which will take out any bugs that try to come behind you.

Special Weapons - Big Guns!
Minigun
Ammo resupply
Tesla Sentry

It costs 400,000... nah i wont go into all that, think heavy with a ammo dispenser and possible sentry. (Altho the sentry thing sounds wrong, it sure does look like it)

These are just based off that image, the game does state that there are a shipload of weapons, so these are probably not what you HAVE to go with

L1ON
07-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Special Weapons - Big Guns!
Minigun
Ammo resupply
Tesla Sentry

It costs 400,000... nah i wont go into all that, think heavy with a ammo dispenser and possible sentry. (Altho the sentry thing sounds wrong, it sure does look like it)

it does seem very strange that rockets could be considered more of a heavy weapon and sentry is a techy type thing. but the image seems to show just what you are saying

spencer102
07-18-2010, 08:05 AM
it does seem very strange that rockets could be considered more of a heavy weapon and sentry is a techy type thing. but the image seems to show just what you are saying

Don't forget theres like 80 weapon choices. Maybe the weapons are interchangeable but certain classes have advantages with their weapon type?

(I.E. medigun sucks if anyone other then medic uses it, sentry takes forever to deploy if not made by techie, minigun is so heavy you can barely move if your not a special weapons, etc.)

ph41lkid
07-18-2010, 09:21 AM
Yes, because all classes are needed one way or the other. If you need to hack a door but don't have a Tech the mission automatically fails.

so if one dude dies it's game over?

Venexis
07-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Don't forget theres like 80 weapon choices. Maybe the weapons are interchangeable but certain classes have advantages with their weapon type?

This does seem plausable (However you spell it). I would hope that they do have a class specific weapon at least, with others being interchangable. It would make choosing a class more important

Priscilla
07-18-2010, 10:17 AM
so if one dude dies it's game over?

Correct.

V12US
07-18-2010, 10:46 AM
From the old UT mod I remember friendly fire being very, very deadly.

Flamethrowers + flammable ammopacks = complete team instagib.

Medics had medpacks
Officers had some sort of supershotgun and molotovs (and a cigar)
Techies could hack doors and defences, had some kind of prototype pulserifle
Spec. Weapons had smartguns, which were like autoaiming miniguns.

KolesRage
07-18-2010, 11:30 AM
From the old UT mod I remember friendly fire being very, very deadly.

Flamethrowers + flammable ammopacks = complete team instagib.

Medics had medpacks
Officers had some sort of supershotgun and molotovs (and a cigar)
Techies could hack doors and defences, had some kind of prototype pulserifle
Spec. Weapons had smartguns, which were like autoaiming miniguns.

Having your ammo pack explode sucked so hard. We banned the flamethrower from our games. It's too hard to not hit your teammates. FF in this game is equal to if not more harmful than l4d/2 in expert mode. You hit your pals with the wrong weapon, they're gibbed instantly.

Medics heal. They also save you from parasites. If you get infected and they can't heal you or save you, you're better off killing yourself or having a teammate blow you away before the parasites hatch.

Techs built or fixed mechanical items, including the sentry guns. They had access to an aim-assisted prototype version of the assault rifle. Giving them the hacking tool made them hack faster. Giving the hacking tool to anyone else allowed them to hack, very slowly.

Special Weapons had the smartgun-esque weapon. Aim assist, 200 or 300 round clip (I don't recall), and you more than likely took the ammo pack and distributed ammo when you got a breather. It was the only way you could carry more than 1 reload for your weapon.

Officer... I believe they were explosives/demo in the mod. They have the enhanced shotgun, and could carry explosive weaponry IIRC. Only Sarge could use the cigar.

Weapons like the flamethrower, the basic shotgun, the basic assault rifle etc... were non class specific. At least one person on each team should have a welder and a hacking tool, though.