PDA

View Full Version : Any Alien Syndrome (Wii) fans?

stooper
07-18-2010, 10:09 PM
At the risk of becoming a console-tainted pariah, I have to admit that I really enjoyed the Alien Syndrome game that was built for the Wii. It was just so nice to have a non-fps, arcade style, multi-player shooter. And the controls were terrific.

Granted, the game had below-average production values, it was still fun to play (for me anyway) and I only wish more people got into it. The only other person in my household refuses to even discuss ever playing co-op with me again after playing through only 2 levels of Alien Syndrome.

Anyway, as with many of you, I'm really anxious and excited about Alien Swarm. But, out of curiosity, are there any other fans of Alien Syndrome around?

I also wonder how well the cursor would behave in Alien Swarm if I replaced my mouse with the Wii-mote. :) Maybe I could native wii-mote controls my own personal mod project.

TOOBxSOCKS
07-18-2010, 10:14 PM
i never played the one for Wii....but i was a HUGE fan of the original alien syndrome games on Sega Genesis....was one of my favorites back then....at one point it was my favorite game ever...

Lai
07-18-2010, 11:16 PM
What's a Wii?

wazups 2x
07-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Why use a Wii-mote when a mouse is much more accurate?

shackanaw
07-18-2010, 11:29 PM
I never looked into it very deeply after seeing the negative scores it received. Perhaps I should have given it a shot, but now that Alien Swarm is coming out, is there any reason anymore?

timmytissue
07-18-2010, 11:34 PM
simple answer: no

chopstix
07-19-2010, 12:17 AM
Why use a Wii-mote when a mouse is much more accurate?

Not sure about you, but that does not make much sense. The Wii is about pointing the remote at the screen. Not sure how much more accurate you can get, unless you do not have the ability to point at things, which would be somewhat odd.

If you are referring to speed, having played on the Wii a bit, I would consider that to be pretty negligible. I have long been a PC gamer and it is still my platform of choice, but these kind of arguments are just silly. How can you complain about accuracy, when all you have to do is point at something? :eek:

wazups 2x
07-19-2010, 12:32 AM
Not sure about you, but that does not make much sense. The Wii is about pointing the remote at the screen. Not sure how much more accurate you can get, unless you do not have the ability to point at things, which would be somewhat odd.

If you are referring to speed, having played on the Wii a bit, I would consider that to be pretty negligible. I have long been a PC gamer and it is still my platform of choice, but these kind of arguments are just silly. How can you complain about accuracy, when all you have to do is point at something? :eek:

I've played the Wii a ton, and I'm quite good at it. I know exactly how it controls, and it's horribly inaccurate it is compared to a mouse. The movements are slower, not as fluid, and you can't even get close to pixel perfect movements like a mouse. The Wii-mote also has annoying input lag.

shackanaw
07-19-2010, 12:39 AM
The Wii-mote also has annoying input lag.

That could be your TV: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input_lag

wazups 2x
07-19-2010, 12:43 AM
That could be your TV: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input_lag

Nope, it's the Wii-mote. My PC and Xbox experience no input lag on the same TV. The input lag isn't major but it is there.

shackanaw
07-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Adjusted the sensitivity settings? Using a wireless sensor bar? Mine is pretty responsive, although I play on an old, small, crappy television.

Kiljoy66
07-19-2010, 12:54 AM
Feh, sadly the wii alien syndrome and psp version didn't live up to the original sega game.

rickmus
07-19-2010, 12:56 AM
I played Alien Syndrome on the Amiga!

wazups 2x
07-19-2010, 01:04 AM
Adjusted the sensitivity settings? Using a wireless sensor bar? Mine is pretty responsive, although I play on an old, small, crappy television.

Yep, everything is set up correct. I play on a 37" HDTV.

NeryK
07-19-2010, 02:45 AM
I played through Alien Syndrome on the Wii and enjoyed its gameplay... But it was sooo ugly (even for the Wii) that I could not convince any of my friends to play it with me more than once T_T. So I hurt my eyes alone. I guess it was because the game was developed simultaneously for the Wii and PSP.

On the PC, Frozenbyte's Shadowgrounds series however, has a lot going for it (only thing really lacking is online multiplayer).

blueplastic
07-19-2010, 03:08 AM
My friend had it on Sega master system.
I played it few times.
But we rather played football then video games so i don't remember much.