PDA

View Full Version : ArmA2 And Logitech G110 Keyboard

elrazor
07-19-2010, 12:27 AM
The game support the G-Keys on the keyboard?i can bind them?

Lowe0
07-19-2010, 11:11 AM
I play on a G13 (except for orders - not enough keys). You'll have to create a profile in GamePanel Manager, but it'll work fine after that.

elrazor
07-21-2010, 08:50 AM
s how can i configure the g-keys via the profile manager?becuse i wanna change tle all keys in the game that suits me best

Lowe0
07-21-2010, 03:52 PM
You'll want to open GamePanel Manager, at which point you should be looking at a list of your 12 G keys (I think; I have a G11 and a G13, so I'm doing this from a different perspective than you are).

Select "New..." from the "Profile" menu.
Name your profile and use the Browse box to find your ARMA II executable (probably C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe).
Select a mode button (M1, M2, M3). I like to use M1 for infantry, M2 for flying, and M3 for ground vehicles, but choose any 3 game contexts you want.
Click on one of the keys (G1-G12). Don't click the word "Unassigned".
Select "Assign Keystroke..." and type the key you want in the box that appears.

That's the basics. I recommend mapping the G keys to fit the default controls, instead of changing the game controls to use the G keys. That way, you can just back up your GamePanel profile and keep your changes.

If you want to record a sequence of keystrokes (say, if you want to select units and give an order with a single key), you can click the key and choose "Assign Macro..." instead. You'll have to record the macro from the GamePanel software, not within game; I recommend keeping the reference card handy.

Finally, when you're done, as a precautionary step, click "Export" from the "Profile" menu to save your profile elsewhere. That way, if anything goes wrong, you can just restore from the backup. I keep my profiles on a flash drive, just in case.

Oh, and if you're playing Operation Arrowhead, make sure you create a second profile pointed at the expansion's executable (arma2oa.exe). There should be a "Copy from an existing profile" checkbox when you're creating a new profile, so you can perfect your ARMA II profile and then just copy it for Operation Arrowhead.