PDA

View Full Version : Arma II dedicated Server (Steam)

bowman
07-19-2010, 10:43 AM
Hello!

I would like to run an ArmA II dedicated Server, but i don't get the clue. Also this Thread didn't help solving my problem:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=940562

I have bought the game via Steam, so i don't have the Game-DVD. I want to run the dedicated server as service on my remote server, which is running with OS Win 2003 Server.

I don't want to use my Steam-Account for the server, because i want to play on this server myself. Due to the fact that you can not be online twice with the same Steam Account at the same time, I created a new steam account for the dedicated server. But the server-tool ist not available in the Tools-Section of this account. It's also not available, if I run steam.exe with the command -applaunch 33905.

Is there any solution for my problem? Maybe I do not see the wood for the trees, but no tutorial or faq could help me until now. I don't want to leech an illegal version of the dvd.iso and I don't want to buy the game a second time :P

THX 4 help!

bb,
bow

PS: Sry for my bad english :P

bowman
07-20-2010, 05:37 AM
ok, i have solved the problem. it is not necessary that steam is running while operating an arma2 dedicated server.

thread can be closed, thx.

Dwarden
07-20-2010, 11:38 AM
you need all the game data for hosting server ... then add the arma2server.exe binary
in case of ARMA 2:OA it's arma2oaserver.exe binary

bowman
07-21-2010, 05:34 AM
ty, server works fine now.

Jeffnut
07-21-2010, 05:30 PM
I dont get how to move all the files to my actual server since I got the game though steam. I dont want it on the gamming machine
.How do you do that ?