AMD athlon 3500+ 2.19 wich is eqvalent to 3.19 sometin
windwos xp pro
Ati Xpress 200 with 256 mb of Memory

Awesomeslayer20
07-19-2010, 04:53 PM
:Bump:

JamesMichael
07-19-2010, 04:58 PM
probably not, the video card is weak but I got away with running more on less before. Try it.

Kiarash
07-19-2010, 04:59 PM
Maybe you can by reducing the quality.

LuffyZoro
07-19-2010, 04:59 PM
I don't think that you're graphics card is good enough, but I could be wrong. I'd also get a bit more RAM.

TyloNary
07-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Minimum:

Processor: Pentium 4 3.0GHz
Memory: 1 GB for XP / 2GB for Vista
Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with 128 MB, Shader model 2.0. ATI X800, NVidia 6600 or better
Hard Drive: At least 2.5 GB of free space
Sound: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

From the game page.

Awesomeslayer20
07-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Ya thanks guys you guys are the best!! i was thinking the same thing running it all low... But hey its a very old gfx it always gotta suck! :P

d10sfan
07-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Do you have L4D or any other source game? If you can run L4D, you can probably run this. Also, if you have the harddisk space and bandwidth, you could always try downloading it later on.

Awesomeslayer20
07-19-2010, 05:03 PM
From the game page.

Lol i dont care about that.. :P some people tried it and it works.. Dont worry my xp gives me some fake info.. Like 1 gb of ram is 968 mb or something like that when i already got 2 sticks of 512 mb of ram in there

Awesomeslayer20
07-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Do you have L4D or any other source game? If you can run L4D, you can probably run this. Also, if you have the harddisk space and bandwidth, you could always try downloading it later on.
I have half life 2 deathmatch and i rna l4d before it laggs alot but when i set eveyrthing to low it was cool as a breeze lol

AKM
07-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Lol i dont care about that.. :P some people tried it and it works.. Dont worry my xp gives me some fake info.. Like 1 gb of ram is 968 mb or something like that when i already got 2 sticks of 512 mb of ram in there
I'd guess you have onboard gpu sucking away your system memory?
You will have trouble running any modern game on lowest settings (3d games). Spend €70 on a graphics card if you can.

Awesomeslayer20
07-19-2010, 05:10 PM
You Have: ATI Radeon Xpress Series (0x5954)

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 128 MB I have 256.0 MB
3D Yes I have Yes
Hardware T&L Yes I have Yes
Pixel Shader version 2.0 I have 2.0
Vertex Shader version 2.0 I have 2.0

AKM
07-19-2010, 05:11 PM
You Have: ATI Radeon Xpress Series (0x5954)

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 128 MB 256.0 MB
3D Yes Yes
Hardware T&L Yes Yes
Pixel Shader version 2.0 2.0
Vertex Shader version 2.0 2.0

That's not a graphics card.

Awesomeslayer20
07-19-2010, 05:16 PM
That's not a graphics card.

lol onboard its Ati xpress 200 and yes it is i can post my Specs in picture http://i25.tinypic.com/30nj51s.jpg

Awesomeslayer20
07-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Wait can i still run alien swarm on my ati? its lagging alot... What should i lower?

majebudsmog
07-22-2010, 12:21 PM
haha how many tool bars u need?

Awesomeslayer20
07-22-2010, 12:22 PM
haha how many tool bars u need?

What do you mean?/ Im serious.. In the ati catalyst center

belgium_shooter
07-22-2010, 12:24 PM
you need more toolbars, they improved your internet connection and PC hardware

Drakon_MD
07-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Wow thats alot of Toolbars... I run a resolution twice that size and I just have my book mark tool bar >.> and I still want it to be smaller lol.

Awesomeslayer20
07-22-2010, 12:26 PM
you need more toolbars, they improved your internet connection and PC hardware

I dont need them i heard people lowered there ♥♥♥♥ down.. So stfu if your not gonna help

Awesomeslayer20
07-22-2010, 12:28 PM
WTF IS TOOL BARS?

Pillz_Here
07-22-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm surprised OP even managed to get Steam installed.

fuolox
07-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Multipass?

This is a toolbar:

http://blogs.law.emory.edu/elsit/files/2009/02/iemess211.jpg

Drakon_MD
07-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Those are tool bars - http://i.imgur.com/HoYC5.jpg

belgium_shooter
07-22-2010, 12:34 PM
those are not toolbars!
those are toolbuttons!

Pillz_Here
07-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Multipass?

This is a toolbar:

http://blogs.law.emory.edu/elsit/files/2009/02/iemess211.jpg

Sexy...do want!

Awesomeslayer20
07-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Come on guys go ♥♥♥♥ing post your tool bars soemwhere else.. Help me fix my problems!

fuolox
07-22-2010, 12:41 PM
No, you're not going to be able to play Alien Swarm well with that graphics chip.

The toolbars also will not help. Removing them may improve performance by 0.000001%.

Pillz_Here
07-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Come on guys go ♥♥♥♥ing post your tool bars soemwhere else.. Help me fix my problems!

The only way to fix your problem is to get a better computer and/or graphics card. Period.

You can't magically make a modern game work good on a 6 year old chipset. The Xpress 200 is not a graphics card, it is an integrated chipset on your motherboard, and is not ideal for gaming.

Drakon_MD
07-22-2010, 12:49 PM
EVGA is selling off alot of there B stock. They have an 8800GTS for only 45 dollars right now.

http://www.evga.com/products/prodlist.asp?switch=20

Scroll down the list there and you will see it. It should run most of the games now days for you. Make sure your system has a PCI-E Video Card slot though.

Pillz_Here
07-22-2010, 12:56 PM
EVGA is selling off alot of there B stock. They have an 8800GTS for only 45 dollars right now.

http://www.evga.com/products/prodlist.asp?switch=20

Scroll down the list there and you will see it. It should run most of the games now days for you. Make sure your system has a PCI-E Video Card slot though.

He would also need a sufficient PSU to run that 8800GTS, which I'm almost positive he does not have. He would then more than likely not understand how to install it, and/or create corruptions between the Nvidia GPU drivers and ATI chipset drivers in the process. My advice for him would be to just save up some cash and buy a decent pre-built gaming PC. Anyone who doesn't know what a toolbar is probably shouldn't be doing any hardware installations.

yuri69
07-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Dont feel offended, but ATi Xpress 200 series was meant for office usage even in days when it came on the market...

Your PC doesnt meet the MINIMAL REQ.
Graphics: DirectX 9 compatible video card with 128 MB, Shader model 2.0. ATI X800, NVidia 6600 or better

X800 is FAR better than integrated X200. Current super lowend 8600GT is more than 2x faster than X200...

Drakon_MD
07-22-2010, 01:02 PM
He would also need a sufficient PSU to run that 8800GTS, which I'm almost positive he does not have. He would then more than likely not understand how to install it, and/or create corruptions between the Nvidia GPU drivers and ATI chipset drivers in the process. My advice for him would be to just save up some cash and buy a decent pre-built gaming PC. Anyone who doesn't know what a toolbar is probably shouldn't be doing any hardware installations.

lol, corruptions hardly... Its just the Chipset. I have been building computers for 12 years never had an issue with crossing chip sets and video cards. Hell you can have an ATI video card and an Nvidia card in the same machine no issues.

As for the PSU, as long as he has around 400w of power (may even get by with less then that.)

Pillz_Here
07-22-2010, 01:30 PM
lol, corruptions hardly... Its just the Chipset. I have been building computers for 12 years never had an issue with crossing chip sets and video cards. Hell you can have an ATI video card and an Nvidia card in the same machine no issues.

As for the PSU, as long as he has around 400w of power (may even get by with less then that.)

If you've been building computers for 12 years then you would know that chipset drivers (which are essentially just motherboard video drivers) can indeed conflict with dedicated GPU drivers, especially if one is ATI and the other is Nvidia. Try running an Nvidia GPU on an AMD chipset, with both drivers enabled in the device manager and only 1 enabled via the BIOS. Just because you and I know how to make the two work in the same environment, doesn't mean that the random guy who doesn't know what a toolbar is and doesn't understand the simple concept of looking up minimal requirements for a game, knows how to make it work.

And yes there's a driver hack that allows an ATI and Nvidia card to work together (for GPU rendering on the ATI card and Physx rendering on the Nvidia card, as that is the only reason to run the two different cards together anyway), but that's not what OP wants to do, nor is it even relevant to what I said.

You're also implying that he has a 400W PSU that even outputs over half of it's rated wattage. If his computer has a motherboard installed with a 6 year old chipset, chances are it has a generic PSU installed too, which probably outputs a third of it's rated wattage, at a terrible efficiency level, if he's lucky. If that's the case, it's a good bet that his entire computer wouldn't last very long after installing said 8800GTS.

Drakon_MD
07-22-2010, 01:40 PM
If you've been building computers for 12 years then you would know that chipset drivers (which are essentially just motherboard video drivers) can indeed conflict with dedicated GPU drivers, especially if one is ATI and the other is Nvidia. Try running an Nvidia GPU on an AMD chipset, with both drivers enabled in the device manager and only 1 enabled via the BIOS. Just because you and I know how to make the two work in the same environment, doesn't mean that the random guy who doesn't know what a toolbar is and doesn't understand the simple concept of looking up minimal requirements for a game, knows how to make it work.

And yes there's a driver hack that allows an ATI and Nvidia card to work together (for GPU rendering on the ATI card and Physx rendering on the Nvidia card, as that is the only reason to run the two different cards together anyway), but that's not what OP wants to do, nor is it even relevant to what I said.

You're also implying that he has a 400W PSU that even outputs over half of it's rated wattage. If his computer has a motherboard installed with a 6 year old chipset, it more than likely has a generic PSU installed too, which probably outputs a third of it's rated wattage, at a terrible efficiency level, if he's lucky. If that's the case, it's a good bet that his entire computer wouldn't last very long after installing said 8800GTS.

First of all, there is no special way you need to install the drivers... just install one then the other >.>

You dont need hacked drivers to run Nvidia cards and ATI cards together... Nvidia also has allowed the uses of Physx with just standard drivers if you have an ATI card installed. You have old information.

And as for the PSU just because the chipset maybe 6 years old doesnt mean that the system is 6 years old... And you are implying that his power supply is ill equipped... We dont flippen know. He is going to have to do his own damn leg work I was just showing him a cheap alternative gfx card that is cheap and will run just about every thing he needs. Yes verify your PSU, Verify you have PCI-E 4x or greater.

It doesnt take more then 2 hours of online checking on google to find out what your system came with.

hessu8D
07-22-2010, 01:58 PM
I felt so bad for you op. I just had to give you your first rep cookie.

Pillz_Here
07-22-2010, 02:08 PM
First of all, there is no special way you need to install the drivers... just install one then the other >.>

No, For Physx rendering on an Nvidia GPU while running an ATI card (which is what I was referring to), there is a certain process needed, as well as certain drivers and extra files.

http://www.overclock.net/graphics-cards-general/508305-howto-ati-nvidia-physx-guide.html

You dont need hacked drivers to run Nvidia cards and ATI cards together... Nvidia also has allowed the uses of Physx with just standard drivers if you have an ATI card installed. You have old information.

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid YOU have old information.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3744/nvidia-forceware-257-heterogeneous-gpu-physx-its-a-bug-not-a-feature

And as for the PSU just because the chipset maybe 6 years old doesnt mean that the system is 6 years old... And you are implying that his power supply is ill equipped...

Seeing as how ATI no longer manufactures Xpress 200 chipsets and haven't done so for several years, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the PSU in his system is generic and fairly old as well. That is precisely why I suggest that his PSU is more than likely ill equipped. You, on the other hand, have absolutely no evidence to suggest that he has a PSU capable of safely powering an 8800GTS and the rest of the components in his system.

It doesnt take more then 2 hours of online checking on google to find out what your system came with.

He doesn't know what a toolbar is, this comment is invalid.

lSairesl
07-22-2010, 02:14 PM
I have a Mobility Radeon X600 with 256mb and 2 gb ram. I could play L4D without probs and 30-40 FPS on Medium Shader Quality and 800X600+2xAA.
Now a play AlienSwarm on 800x600 and everything low and I cant get over 20 FPS :mad:. Most of the time even not over 10-.-*
Alien Swarm doesnt have to render a horde of zombies or a city...its just the floor and some aliens!
I was one of that many people who had this Crash to desktop Error.
I couldnt even start the game it untill the last update came.
I had never a problem with the source engine before.
♥♥♥♥ ATI. Valve pls, pls do something...

Drakon_MD
07-22-2010, 02:17 PM
"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid YOU have old information."

My apologizes I know they allowed it in the last couple builds before the 2xx releases I was unaware they back tracked.

"Seeing as how ATI no longer manufactures Xpress 200 chipsets and haven't done so for several years, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the PSU in his system is generic and fairly old as well. That is precisely why I suggest that his PSU is more than likely ill equipped. You, on the other hand, have absolutely no evidence to suggest that he has a PSU capable of safely powering an 8800GTS and the rest of the components in his system."

We both dont know what his PSU is capable of... Hell he could have a 650w PSU how in the hell do we know? We dont know if its a Dell or some custom Shop computer... This is pretty much a moot point and is pretty much up to him to do his own leg work like I said...

"He doesn't know what a toolbar is, this comment is invalid."

Or he could be a troll getting us to argue =P

Pillz_Here
07-22-2010, 02:23 PM
We both dont know what his PSU is capable of... Hell he could have a 650w PSU how in the hell do we know? We dont know if its a Dell or some custom Shop computer... This is pretty much a moot point and is pretty much up to him to do his own leg work like I said...

No manufacturer or custom builder in their right mind would install a 650W PSU into a system with an Xpress 200 chipset. It would be an outright waste of money and cut into their profits substantially.

My apologizes I know they allowed it in the last couple builds before the 2xx releases I was unaware they back tracked.

They've never allowed it in any recent driver builds. They simply missed it as those beta drivers were rushed to be released for the Fermi GPU's.