PDA

View Full Version : Water Chapter (Spoiler Alert!)

bd3d
07-19-2010, 11:25 PM
Spoiler Alert!

Chaser is one of my all time favorite games.:D And therefore I'm extremely happy to see that it is available on Steam now.

But, has anyone made it through the Chapter that is underwater yet?

Because, the last time I attempted Chaser, with an 8800GTX, maybe in 2008, I could not complete the Chapter in the game where you're underwater. (I believe it is mid-way through the entire game.)

The problem was that I could not see well enough to complete the chapter and I had to give up.:( (I think it was due to certain doors not being visible or something. And as a result, I could not get through a maze inside of a sunken ship.)

(If I hadn't deleted my old past saved Saves, I could have loaded one from after the Chapter underwater to complete the SP. But unfortunately I cleaned-up a storage drive a while ago and deleted many Saves I had from several games.;))

Hopefully this Steams version works fine. Because Chaser ROCKS!:D

ty

Saijin_Naib
07-19-2010, 11:28 PM
There aren't any glitches in that series of levels, they're just VERY hard.
Stick close to the signal beacons and explore around a bit. It'll take a while to find where you need to go.

bd3d
07-19-2010, 11:56 PM
There aren't any glitches in that series of levels, they're just VERY hard.
Stick close to the signal beacons and explore around a bit. It'll take a while to find where you need to go.

ty Saijin for the reply!:D

So, you got through the underwater part just fine? What vid card do u have?

thanks again!

Saijin_Naib
07-20-2010, 12:00 AM
Played through it on a MX420, FX5500, 7600GT, and GT240 :)

Just fine, no. Like I said, it is very hard not to get lost or turned around :P

The_Player
07-20-2010, 12:00 AM
Spoiler Alert!

Chaser is one of my all time favorite games.:D And therefore I'm extremely happy to see that it is available on Steam now.

Because, the last time I attempted Chaser, with an 8800GTX, maybe in 2008, I could not complete the Chapter in the game where you're underwater. (I believe it is mid-way through the entire game.)

The problem was that I could not see well enough to complete the chapter and I had to give up.:( (I think it was due to certain doors not being visible or something. And as a result, I could not get through a maze inside of a sunken ship.)

(If I hadn't deleted my old past saved Saves, I could have loaded one from after the Chapter underwater to complete the SP. But unfortunately I cleaned-up a storage drive a while ago and deleted many Saves I had from several games.;))

ty

Just finished it! But stuck with valves on the submarine harbor mission - they just refuses to switch.

bd3d
07-20-2010, 12:06 AM
Just finished it! But stuck with valves on the submarine harbor mission - they just refuses to switch.

?

But you made it through?

ty

bd3d
07-20-2010, 12:07 AM
Played through it on a MX420, FX5500, 7600GT, and GT240 :)

Just fine, no. Like I said, it is very hard not to get lost or turned around :P

I can't wait to play!:D TY Saijin!

The_Player
07-20-2010, 12:35 AM
?

But you made it through?

ty

Through the Ship Graveyard? Sure. I memorized it walkthrough by heart.

Panic141
07-20-2010, 02:28 AM
lol you just should find all blue lights:)

MADDOGGE
07-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Royal pain in the ♥♥♥:D but yah I've gotten through many times. This level is pretty realistic in what you can see. None of this "I can see for 100's of miles under water" crap for this game. It is very easy to get lost even with the beacons.;)

Panic141
07-20-2010, 11:04 AM
you all should stop playing the SP, go on Multiplayer!

Saijin_Naib
07-20-2010, 12:26 PM
SP is so epic though!

epressman617
07-30-2010, 12:29 AM
have you found a solution to the valves on the sub level yet? I have the same problem....

reddevilal
08-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Ive got the same problem with the valves on the sub level, you have to increase the gas flow,, kill everything in sight, go to the valves they are highlighted, but nothing happens when I use my action key. i cant get past this and im really getting jerked off over this, anyone know how to get past.

Stu Alpha
08-26-2010, 07:45 PM
The only problem with SP is the confusing level design which gets you lost for a while.

Foojo
09-03-2010, 12:16 AM
I just made it past the underwater junk to the sub area. Man was that underwater area annoying.

JK_DC
11-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Ive got the same problem with the valves on the sub level, you have to increase the gas flow,, kill everything in sight, go to the valves they are highlighted, but nothing happens when I use my action key. i cant get past this and im really getting jerked off over this, anyone know how to get past.

okay I had the same problem. You must try to open the gate before you go down and turn the valves even though you can't open the gate at the beginning anyway. I thought I had done that first but I must've died and went straight down to the valves. You can reload the save and go back and try the gate and go back down and turn the valves. The game requires it to trigger the mission objective to turn the valves. If you press tab and don't see the valve objective there then it is because you didn't try the gate before you went down the elevator.

FyreNL
12-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Spoiler Alert!

ty

~

/sv_cheats 1
/Dont_buff_my_pylon 1
/noclip

Problem solved.

chicklitt
03-30-2011, 11:53 AM
Hey BD3D - my card clipped that section too. Most of the sunken ship was clipped and most of the environment looked like "water". I opened a walkthrough on Gamefaqs & followed the turns that way. Got through it pretty quickly.

BaziKo
04-03-2011, 05:08 PM
SP is quite difficult, I also got lost sometimes, I think I am in the last level but I stop playing it because I really didn't know where I needed to go , BUT I prefer and enjoy a lot more the MultiPlayer , there are many active players there and you may see who is playing in: http://statistics.i3x.de/index.php?site=home&language=en&day=93&year=2011
I just love this game :P

Najlvin
05-13-2011, 06:59 AM
Really? And where did you finish? I help to you very glad for finish the game. I know by heart almost all the missions in the game: D

BaziKo
05-22-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm in the Lomonosov Crater mission.

Najlvin
05-23-2011, 04:59 AM
Ah, yes. This is the last part of the game. It's several levels ;-) Where is the problem?

BaziKo
05-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Lol... Now that I'm thinking, I just formated my PC and I think I've deleted every single save so... I don't know if I still have them but I really don't think so. Anyway.. Thanks for the help =D