PDA

View Full Version : Choose EU version at startup

imarkon
07-20-2010, 01:30 PM
How can i revert back from HTTT to Complete version when starting up from Steam?

trtl71
07-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Same problem. I've asked support about it, maybe it helps if you do the same.

Col. Hamilton
07-25-2010, 11:35 AM
I can't play my friend on steam because his version has a different letter at the end, and the people at Paradox were surprised at this when I posted there months ago.

Its still not fix, and likely wont be in the case of the HTTT incompatibility, but as for reverting back to the complete version before the HTTT expansion. Nope. I wrote a letter to steam, letting them know that this would be my last game purchase from them and sure enough it has been, and I dont regret it a bit, I've actually found titles cheaper than in the Steam Store.

ok-ck
12-15-2010, 11:07 AM
You buy on steam to have it on steam, not because of the prices - exept if it is a sale.

Chrissd21
01-05-2011, 10:54 PM
I can't play my friend on steam because his version has a different letter at the end, and the people at Paradox were surprised at this when I posted there months ago.

Its still not fix, and likely wont be in the case of the HTTT incompatibility, but as for reverting back to the complete version before the HTTT expansion. Nope. I wrote a letter to steam, letting them know that this would be my last game purchase from them and sure enough it has been, and I dont regret it a bit, I've actually found titles cheaper than in the Steam Store.

As in you can't play multiplayer with a non-Steam version against Steam or his version is just messed up?

Chrissd21
01-05-2011, 10:56 PM
You buy on steam to have it on steam, not because of the prices - exept if it is a sale.

You do if you live in Aus. :P

Our prices are double US, and AUD is above USD as of a few days ago when I last checked. Steam still has double prices, but paying $80 for a new release game instead of $100 is pretty good. Even if USA'ians pay $50. -.-

Chrissd21
01-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Here's an idea, how about the devs introduce a selection on the side, just something which changes the menu splash screen and the available features whilst playing. Wouldn't require different .exe's so would be compatible with Steam, just a drop down menu on the top right of the main menu in EUIII. Actually top right is a terrible idea, possibly something in Options maybe.

It would require developer time, and one of the theories with Divine Wind is that Steam is waiting till a patch comes out before releasing it. But they could definitely try knocking it up afterwards.