PDA

View Full Version : Fun steam info

UnknownCorpse
07-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Hey Valve!

I love steam. I have a request. Its not life or death, but I'd love to see it implemented. But on the concurrent steam users page (I think thats what its called). It shows how many people are on in general and how many are in each of the top 100 games. It shows the current number of players and peak number of players I think each day. Is there a way that we can get a third set of data and have a unique number of players?

Like if I play tf2 1,2,3,4,5,ect. ect times in a day, I count as 1. 1 per account. Im just curious as to how many different people are playing those games in a day.

If you read this, thanks! Love steam! Like i said, not life or death, but would be some fun info!

LegendFury
07-20-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm confuzzled. Those are unique stats.

UnknownCorpse
07-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Ultimately what I mean is that the stats tell you the max number of players at 1 time during the day. Say...20,000 people playing tf2 at 2pm. What Id like to know is how many different people played tf2 (the total number of people)....thats different than the current number of people playing and the peak number of people playing.

For example. if 200 people play tf2 now....then all log off and 200 different people log in and play...the peak number recorded by steam is still 200....but there are 400 different people who have played today...Thats the stat I would like to see...the TOTAL, along with the current and peak numbers.

I am doing a really poor job of explaining this