PDA

View Full Version : Stop and think for a moment

hilltop67
07-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Wow. I just stumbled across this game on Steam and OMG it took me back to a very dark chapter in my gaming past but I thought that there’s no way it’s the same company and friends back to their old tricks of the days of "HellGate: London"

And I was or should say still a Lifetime Member of Hellgate: London and that was until that game introduced a monster called "Bill Roper & Gang" well the story didn’t last long as they sucked the blood ( I mean money) out of the game with their greedy little troll hands and I happened to click on a link in the Steam Forums of someone trying to stop anyone from buying this game due to this info...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100379-UPDATE-Fallen-Earth-Developer-Icarus-Studios-Closes-Up-Shop well I read this article and what did I find but the one and only "Tiggs" who was our Forum Manager or death keeper who lied to us up till they pulled the plug on our MMO Apocalypse game. The worst part is Tiggs is also the current Forum Manager for “Fallen Earth” and the date on her name plate just happens to almost add up to the same date when our IP was pulled from those greedy little hands by the bank. Well anyways sorry to hear about all you members of Fallen Earth getting the love of gaming ripped from your pockets as this one closes. But I feel that Tiggs has already found another project in which to insert those great ideas of how to keep the Forum under control.

How does Tiggs put it something like “Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!” same quote Tiggs had on the nameplate as Forum Manager of Hellgate:London.

And as far as this company being an Indie trying to overcome the economics as they are currently “restructuring” this is exactly the steps that were taken by Flagship Studios the makers of Hellgate:London they deny deny deny till they can’t suck another buck from anyone else. Well, see all of you on another project from "Tiggs & company" soon.

UPDATE: I tried unsuccessfully to contact the Forum Manager on Fallen Earth but Tiggs isn’t allowing anyone to send private messages or any type of message as I was hoping to hear from Tiggs just in case there was a different side of this story. Yes sorry my Steam friends I’m not a hater but if this saves 1 person from going down with their boat I somehow will feel vindicated from the monies that I lost…..Game On ALL!!

KillerJuan77
07-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Dude, use paragraphs. Also, the game is still fairly active specially with the Blood Sports expansion, and actually, now you can play Hellgate London online for free.

Void(null)
07-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Bad luck follows Tiggs it seems.

RIP Hellgate, RIP Fallen Earth.

ZombieKnifer
07-21-2010, 03:02 AM
i just saw this game about 15 mins ago saw the trailers and read the reviews on steam then like i always do, came to the forums for the truth and speculation.

first is this game out to play NOW!??
second do you think this game is going to flop?
is it worth playing, (i feel it is, i am a huge massive fan of FO3 to the point that ppl can't understand)because money isn't worth spending when other games are so close.

ty

weez2mo
07-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Tiggs is cool; kind of a shame she can't be spearheading something explosively successful.

I did catch that connection between HG:L and FE; kind of weird and for Tiggs' sake I hope that FE doesn't tank anytime soon.

Bummer you didn't sell off your HG:L lifetime acct. username/password before it tanked; I did and managed to recoup the cost of the lifetime sub.

Warseth
07-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Tiggs is cool; kind of a shame she can't be spearheading something explosively successful.

I did catch that connection between HG:L and FE; kind of weird and for Tiggs' sake I hope that FE doesn't tank anytime soon.

Bummer you didn't sell off your HG:L lifetime acct. username/password before it tanked; I did and managed to recoup the cost of the lifetime sub.

HGL should be stricken from the history of gaming. Never mentioned again after this post! Why did you have to mention such a flipping irritating experience I have ever had with a game. (and i've put up with some pretty cruddy games experiences).

HGL was my worst experience because of fail management of this game. They had something ok going....and could have been fine.

Stupid subscription optional bullcrap...stupid mismanagement.

The only thing that came good of it was the Torchlight guys learned a lesson....got burned bad...and now working in their own company they call the shots on now....

I really feel sorry for that crew... Blizzard being wishy washy...they left them...worked on Mythos and got burned bad by the actions with HGL fallout... in the end they are starting over but made a decent game...

ugh...i feel sick now just recalling HGL.:o

Zyat
07-21-2010, 02:17 PM
i just saw this game about 15 mins ago saw the trailers and read the reviews on steam then like i always do, came to the forums for the truth and speculation.

first is this game out to play NOW!??
second do you think this game is going to flop?
is it worth playing, (i feel it is, i am a huge massive fan of FO3 to the point that ppl can't understand)because money isn't worth spending when other games are so close.

ty

1) Yes, its been out for awhile now

2) Unknown, some would say yes, others say no. I say who the hell knows. Theres MMOs with less than 1,000 subscribers that have been chugging along for years. Fallen Earth is one of those niche games that has a small cult following, so long as the studio has sound economic practices I can see the game lasting.

Is it worth playing? Well I liked it when it fist came out and was still rather broken in most areas lol, but I'm a sucker for open worlds and post apocalyptic environments so I would obviously be biased, my friends however didn't care for it so I let my sub expire a couple months after release. If you're expecting Fo3 style gunplay you may be disappointed. Thats what my friends were expecting, I decided to go melee and had a blast (the gunplay is kinda... odd).

Its not the best game ever but its far from the worst. It just falls short in some areas... kinda hard to explain.

I'd suggest giving the trial a shot.

hilltop67
07-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Thank You all for your honest input.....

Burningwolf
07-23-2010, 11:27 PM
Playing the demo now.

Crafting on the demo trial seems to be disabled.
Its relatively easy to get the money to upgrade your armor and weapons at the start.

Its kind of an odd system for advancement.You get 2 points for every tenth of a level you advance.5 points for a core stat and 1 point for a skill.Trade skills level automaticlly by useage(no point investment)

Havent made up my mind yet on this one..I love post apoc.genere...but I loathe hate and despise crafting.(in any game,I craft for a living)

luciferosX
08-31-2010, 01:06 AM
I'd like to revive this thread and remind people that Tiggs was also involved with Star Wars Galaxies. She knows how to spin the PR with her skeleton hand.

Hellgate: London was a shame (also a lifetimer). The issues with that was a rushing publisher they so foolishly chose: EA. As soon as they mentioned EA we all knew it was game over. If they'd chosen a better publisher, one who didn't put a gun to the back of a developer's head (they may be better behaved these days), Hellgate would have become much better than it did. We knew in the beta it wasn't ready.