PDA

View Full Version : Any Pointers for getting through the catacombs?

geekymumma
07-21-2010, 02:46 AM
I'm in the catacombs under the old manner and having a hell of a time. I can't seem to hit the mutant assassins at all no matter what fighting style or sword I use. And I've been taking Willow potion and yet I still get stunned, and some times knocked down.

Any hints or tips for this section?

lonewolfdon
07-21-2010, 01:57 PM
There were some parts when playing this game that if I just ran into a new room with a bunch of enemies waiting, then chances are I'd get completely surrounded by them, which of course increases the chance I'd get my butt kicked hard.

But I discovered a tactic that often works for me in this case... so instead of fighting the whole bunch of them at the same time, that I could usually turn it into a one-on-one fight.

So, let's say you're walking down a tunnel, and up ahead is a room with 6 enemies.. Then instead of rushing charging into the room and then being completed surrounded, I'd just slowly take a few steps forward at a time, stop, take a few more steps forward, stop.. repeat... once you get close enough to the perimeter of an enemy's field of vision, then he will finally take notice of you then come running at you. When this happens, turn around, and run back a ways in the direction you came from to give yourself a bit of fighting space, luring the enemy and so as not to draw the attention of the other enemies in the room.

The AI can sometimes be a bit "stupid" in the sense that if one enemy notices you and comes running after you, not necessarily all of the enemies will see you or be alerted at the same time... so in this way you can lure them one at a time, have a one-on-one fight, then go back and lure another enemy, take him out one-on-one, repeat...

This tactic may not always work perfectly or as intended, but I was fairly successful doing it this way most times I tried it.

Assassins are quick, so for a one-on-one fight switch to fast fighting style. If more than one, then group style.

Good luck!

geekymumma
07-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Awesome thanks for the tips.

ImBack87
07-24-2010, 11:40 AM
If you run into this problem, you most likely haven't done many side quests, which is the easiest way to level up...By the time I got to Old Manor, most of my Silver/Steel fighting styles were upgraded to level 5 (gold), I suggest you do as many of those as possible while you still can because the game is going to get even harder