PDA

View Full Version : Best Budget Price Online Shooter Ever?

Daggettz
07-21-2010, 04:56 PM
I think it's time. Time to balance out all the rancid negativity this game has been getting on here with a place that those of us WHO DO LOVE BLACKLIGHT can go and enjoy loving it as thus.

It's tiring reading through so many negative posts just to get to the mentions of 'hey I think it's pretty good!' so let us shake this thread up as a direct shortcut to something more positive. Everytime I come on here I get neck ache just shaking my head left to right, then I sign into GFWL, wait a few mins for a match and let fly at strangers who like to play the game just as much as I do. Yes, there's actually a fair few out there. At least I've never struggled to get a game so far. Hmm.

Now I've personally played a lot of shooters and I honestly cannot recall the last time I spent just 10 and had this much enjoyment online playing a shooter. If I've killed any of you on a server these last few days then I salute you as you've helped add to that enjoyment. And no doubt my own flying carcass after you nailed it has done the exact same for you also.

So let's cut the bull♥♥♥♥, cut the haters and have somewhere we can praise BLTD for what it is, one of the best budget price online play shooters in a long, long time.

To BLTD. ;)

Jahkillian
07-21-2010, 06:40 PM
I think it's time. Time to balance out all the rancid negativity this game has been getting on here with a place that those of us WHO DO LOVE BLACKLIGHT can go and enjoy loving it as thus.

It's tiring reading through so many negative posts just to get to the mentions of 'hey I think it's pretty good!' so let us shake this thread up as a direct shortcut to something more positive. Everytime I come on here I get neck ache just shaking my head left to right, then I sign into GFWL, wait a few mins for a match and let fly at strangers who like to play the game just as much as I do. Yes, there's actually a fair few out there. At least I've never struggled to get a game so far. Hmm.

Now I've personally played a lot of shooters and I honestly cannot recall the last time I spent just 10 and had this much enjoyment online playing a shooter. If I've killed any of you on a server these last few days then I salute you as you've helped add to that enjoyment. And no doubt my own flying carcass after you nailed it has done the exact same for you also.

So let's cut the bull♥♥♥♥, cut the haters and have somewhere we can praise BLTD for what it is, one of the best budget price online play shooters in a long, long time.

To BLTD. ;)

1. FEAR COMBAT.... Its free just download it.
2. Combat Arms.... Its Free just download it.
3. Blackshot....... Its free just download it.
4. Wolfenstien..... Its free just go download it.

ALL THESE GAMES WERE RELEASED WITH DEDICATED SERVERS AND FREE.

Every one of those games are far better then this scam game Blacklight.
I understand some of you like it... ? I take that back, I can't understand why anybody would like this game, when they could play way better games for free?

bloodsuckern
07-21-2010, 06:48 PM
this game ♥♥♥♥ing suck -__-

Spattercat
07-21-2010, 08:12 PM
I've played those free games, and hackers aside, I can't deal with any game that has gear that has to be rented, or renewed. Especially when you're then asked to spend real- world cash for said gear. I've played numerous games, looking for the one that gives me the same shooter satisfaction, and at the one- time price for BLTD I'm more than pleased. Sure, I wish it had servers, sure I hope they come, but I'm in the same camp as the OP. I have a lot of fun playing.

BroflMouth
07-21-2010, 08:16 PM
OP, not many people are going to agree with you.

Jahkillian
07-21-2010, 08:45 PM
I've played those free games, and hackers aside, I can't deal with any game that has gear that has to be rented, or renewed. Especially when you're then asked to spend real- world cash for said gear. I've played numerous games, looking for the one that gives me the same shooter satisfaction, and at the one- time price for BLTD I'm more than pleased. Sure, I wish it had servers, sure I hope they come, but I'm in the same camp as the OP. I have a lot of fun playing.

FEAR COMBAT doesn't rent or charge for anything? I've been playing it ever since it was released. The other games I really don't play, but I've heard plenty of people swear by those games.
And Hackers? If you're playing on a good server, with admins on sit, that hardly ever happens. When it does, a admin kicks/bans right away. HOW THEY HELL ARE THEY GOING TO DO THAT WITH THIS GAME?

Spattercat
07-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Just installed and tried to find a game on FEAR. There were maybe 20 people playing, spread out across a bunch of servers. Combat Arms is rife with hackers, one every single game.

I'll still take BLTD over any of those other games. It's interesting to watch how polarizing this little $15 game has become. If you want to use hearsay to make your arguments, you're ruining your own credibility.

Jahkillian
07-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Just installed and tried to find a game on FEAR. There were maybe 20 people playing, spread out across a bunch of servers. Combat Arms is rife with hackers, one every single game.

I'll still take BLTD over any of those other games. It's interesting to watch how polarizing this little $15 game has become. If you want to use hearsay to make your arguments, you're ruining your own credibility.

HAHAHA WHAT A LIE.... Go to www.gametracker.com and you can see how many people are playing FEAR COMBAT. ITS NEVER UNDER 100 PEOPLE. Heres a screen shot showing the servers and players on the bottom right hand side. http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx275/Jahkillian/fear.jpg Not to mention , not every server is registered with game tracker, so its even more. I was just playing on MXT server and it was full, I had to wait, until somebody left.

I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY SOME OF YOU HAVE TO LIE. BLACK LIGHT IS A ♥♥♥♥ RIP OFF. STOP TRYING TO TRICK PEOPLE INTO WASTING THERE MONEY.

Spattercat
07-21-2010, 09:56 PM
I'm not lying. I was unable to join any servers on Fear online. Anyway, from what I hear, it's a decent game. When I looked, though, I saw very few players.

This isn't some sort of competition, though, and no one is trying to sell anything. Since you like caps, I'll try that.

I ENJOY BLACKLIGHT TANGO DOWN. Personal preference. I like the graphics, I like the unlocks, and I like the hit boxes. I like the speed of gameplay, and I like the gametypes.

Jahkillian
07-21-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm not lying. I was unable to join any servers on Fear online. Anyway, from what I hear, it's a decent game. When I looked, though, I saw very few players.

This isn't some sort of competition, though, and no one is trying to sell anything. Since you like caps, I'll try that.

I ENJOY BLACKLIGHT TANGO DOWN. Personal preference. I like the graphics, I like the unlocks, and I like the hit boxes. I like the speed of gameplay, and I like the gametypes.

Read what you typed. Its a lie.. First you said there was 20 players spread over a number of servers..lol

Now you say you couldn't join a server. But heard its a decent game.lol

So now you lied twice.

How come you couldn't join a server? :)

Spattercat
07-21-2010, 10:04 PM
It sat there on the loading screen, unable to join. I saw about 20 players, spread out among many servers.

I never said I thought it wasn't a good game. So, by saying that I've heard it's a good game, I'm not contradicting anything at all.

What would my motivation be, regarding a free game that I've never played? I went to check it out, hoping it'd be good. After all, I like good games. I had no luck trying it... I have FAR more success finding games in BLTD.

Truth.

Jahkillian
07-21-2010, 10:10 PM
It sat there on the loading screen, unable to join. I saw about 20 players, spread out among many servers.

I never said I thought it wasn't a good game. So, by saying that I've heard it's a good game, I'm not contradicting anything at all.

What would my motivation be, regarding a free game that I've never played? I went to check it out, hoping it'd be good. After all, I like good games. I had no luck trying it... I have FAR more success finding games in BLTD.

Truth.

LOL I guess you looked at the picture of the screen shot I posted with a clear display of all the games, how much players are playing them, the total of players playing , pings, mods, total servers, etc... But i understand that might be confusing for some people.. :)
"I have FAR more success finding games in BLTD. "
Lie number 3.... Im out of here before you have a heart attack from all the blood rushing into you enormous growing nose.
:)

Spattercat
07-21-2010, 10:18 PM
The only lie I can find so far is where you listed a bunch of games that were "far better than this scam game" only to admit that you hadn't played them. I think the reason I'm taking issue with your post is that you're accusing the developers of trying to scam people. That's a pretty loaded charge.

Daggettz
07-22-2010, 04:07 AM
Jesus Jahkillian give it up already. You don't like the game, we get it. There's absolutely no need whatsoever to keep pushing your points further and further down our throats as it's not going to change our outlook one bit.

And yes stating that BLTD is a scam is pretty much the most ludicrous thing I've read on here. Isn't a scam defined by people getting nothing for their money? BLTD offers loads for just $15 and yet still you feel the need to lash its back into eternity just because you don't enjoy it.

I made this thread to divert away from people like yourself and for those of us who do appreciate BLTD to share that same appreciation, but alas you still continue forcing us to defend it over and over.

Besides the thread title is best budget PRICE shooter, not best FREEBIE shooter. I guess that doesn't matter to you though. Sigh.

Madmanden
07-22-2010, 04:32 AM
I dont really enjoy those free games. Blacklight has given me hours of fun and will continue to for some time. Its a good filler game to play when there is nothing else to play. And pretty much no big FPS games get released during the summer. Its like serious sam. Its nowhere near perfect but you can feel the love the developers put into the game if you play it enough and i am sure the bugs and problems will be fixed with time. Its not the worlds biggest developer and everyone can't be Valve, Blizzard, DICE and so on. I mean come on if you think the game is that bad why dont you go make something better yourself and then release it for free?

Ciaos
07-22-2010, 04:52 AM
I mean come on if you think the game is that bad why dont you go make something better yourself and then release it for free?

I do hate that rebuttal.

There are better shooters at this price point in my opinion. I mean TF2 was on sale for 2.50 at one point. CSS is better. COD4 can currently be found as low as 10, WAW can be found for around 15. You can grab BF2 or 2142 for 10 each at this time.

Sure they were more expensive at the time of launch but many of them can be found cheap and offer a better gameplay experience.

Its really hard to recommend this game at any price point, given by the time it drops to 50%, which is really the correct price point, matchmaking may have made this game dead.

Madmanden
07-22-2010, 05:56 AM
I do hate that rebuttal.

There are better shooters at this price point in my opinion. I mean TF2 was on sale for 2.50 at one point. CSS is better. COD4 can currently be found as low as 10, WAW can be found for around 15. You can grab BF2 or 2142 for 10 each at this time.

Sure they were more expensive at the time of launch but many of them can be found cheap and offer a better gameplay experience.

Its really hard to recommend this game at any price point, given by the time it drops to 50%, which is really the correct price point, matchmaking may have made this game dead.

It was more because Jahkillian only listed free games that he think is better than this while the ones of them i have tried were horrible. Blacklight does some things differently and i like the few new things they introduce. Sure its not really anything new but its a new and interesting shooter at a low price point.

This is a fresh experience and feels less like a console game to me than take modern warfare 2. Only thing i really want from the developers is a few patches that fix the problems and this will be a fine game.

If you do not like the price point wait for it to get cheaper ;) most 50$ games are not worth it at all in my opinion. It's a budget shooter and it feels like one. But its way better than the "free" shooters out there.

Is it really that hard to understand that some people might like something that you do not? If you have nothing positive to say about the game you should not be here in the forums posting about it. You should use your time more constructively. I am not going to try and convince anybody that this is a game they should buy they should be more than capable of doing that themselves by reading reviews or watching videos of it.

If you bought the game and did not like it then get a refund and quit whining about it. Let the ones that like it have it to themselves then.

Ciaos
07-22-2010, 06:33 AM
It was more because Jahkillian only listed free games that he think is better than this while the ones of them i have tried were horrible. Blacklight does some things differently and i like the few new things they introduce. Sure its not really anything new but its a new and interesting shooter at a low price point.

This is a fresh experience and feels less like a console game to me than take modern warfare 2. Only thing i really want from the developers is a few patches that fix the problems and this will be a fine game.

If you do not like the price point wait for it to get cheaper ;) most 50$ games are not worth it at all in my opinion. It's a budget shooter and it feels like one. But its way better than the "free" shooters out there.

Is it really that hard to understand that some people might like something that you do not? If you have nothing positive to say about the game you should not be here in the forums posting about it. You should use your time more constructively. I am not going to try and convince anybody that this is a game they should buy they should be more than capable of doing that themselves by reading reviews or watching videos of it.

If you bought the game and did not like it then get a refund and quit whining about it. Let the ones that like it have it to themselves then.

I totally forgot about 1943, which is easily the best launch price budget shooter.

I don't think what you said is fair. Its a forum and they can really post what they want. I do think they should go somewhere else and post in a forum of a game they like, but well, welcome to the internet.

Dead3yez
07-22-2010, 08:43 AM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/24860/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/300/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/240/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/220/

Budget shooters, all which are better than BL:TD in it's current state imo.

There's that Lead and Gold game to try soon and that's half the price as BL:TD atm.

Jahkillian
07-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Jesus Jahkillian give it up already. You don't like the game, we get it. There's absolutely no need whatsoever to keep pushing your points further and further down our throats as it's not going to change our outlook one bit.

And yes stating that BLTD is a scam is pretty much the most ludicrous thing I've read on here. Isn't a scam defined by people getting nothing for their money? BLTD offers loads for just $15 and yet still you feel the need to lash its back into eternity just because you don't enjoy it.

I made this thread to divert away from people like yourself and for those of us who do appreciate BLTD to share that same appreciation, but alas you still continue forcing us to defend it over and over.

Besides the thread title is best budget PRICE shooter, not best FREEBIE shooter. I guess that doesn't matter to you though. Sigh.

I've gone past like or dislike this ♥♥♥♥ game. My curiosity was why anybody would defend this game for $15 compared to some FPS shooters which are free and GIVE 90% more. I was trying to find out what criteria you judge a good FPS shooter? Is it longevity? Is it graphics? Is it because theres no other game that can compete with it at that price range? What?

Or is it because a certain few have to push this game no matter how bad it is?

We all know this has no longevity. When you describe it as a "filler game" "something to play for short periods" You're basically saying it has no longevity.

The Graphics are nothing special and we all no that.
Do you have the choice of playing other games that are free like FEAR COMBAT which gives you , dedicated servers, text chat, proper server display GUI, tourneys, Clan matches, rankings, over 300 dedicated servers,Kick, punch, shoot, etc, etc, etc, and so much more......Yes!
I have to wonder why anybody would defend this game. Using words like im having a "Blast" playing BLTD lol makes me wonder if they ever played a real FPS shooter before.

So when somebody says I downloaded FEAR COMBAT and there was only 20 players on spread over a bunch of servers, I have to show how stupid of a lie that was and wonder why they do that? Thats why I took a screen shot right away and posted it. So everybody can see what is going here. When people are doing things like that, im going to call it a scam.

And you idiots that think they're going to put out a SUPER PATCH to save this game are dreaming. I've already read articles they are working on BLTD 2. They have no interest in fixing up this game. THIS IS THE GAME!

Daggettz
07-22-2010, 09:41 AM
And you idiots that think they're going to put out a SUPER PATCH to save this game are dreaming. I've already read articles they are working on BLTD 2. They have no interest in fixing up this game. THIS IS THE GAME!

You were making a fairly logical case there, right up until the point where you classed anyone who likes the game as an idiot at least. And no I'm sure we are aware that there will be no super patch, if any at all as the devs have limited funds compared to most and are making a sequel. I see nothing wrong with that. I have hardly any issues with the game as it is and it works and finds people to play with each and everytime I boot it up.

Just please don't judge us as stupid because our outlook is different, that's highly disrespectful and unnecessary to the extreme.

Jahkillian
07-22-2010, 10:22 AM
You were making a fairly logical case there, right up until the point where you classed anyone who likes the game as an idiot at least. And no I'm sure we are aware that there will be no super patch, if any at all as the devs have limited funds compared to most and are making a sequel. I see nothing wrong with that. I have hardly any issues with the game as it is and it works and finds people to play with each and everytime I boot it up.

Just please don't judge us as stupid because our outlook is different, that's highly disrespectful and unnecessary to the extreme.

Read it again. I said your a idiot if you think a SUPER PATCH is coming to fix the game. Not if you like it.

coprophagia
07-22-2010, 10:46 AM
This is a fresh experience and feels less like a console game to me than take modern warfare 2.

I lol'ed. The only thing fresh is the HVR which I don't mind. But it feels way too console, no dedicated servers, bombarded by Microsoft advertising "Dr Pepper ads with XBOX downloads reference in a PC game" get real.

If only that were possible, maybe we'd leave for you to enjoy all its horribleness in peace n quiet.

Nitronumber9
07-22-2010, 11:20 AM

Have some rep mate, your 100% right.

What alot of people don't seem to understand is the fact Blacklights not trying to take on Call of Duty, BFBC2 or any of the mainstream shooters, most of what I see complaining (with the exception of the "can't join games in progress") are trivial things. The post above me complaining about ad's? I've seen far worse in more popular games.

I've gone past like or dislike this ♥♥♥♥ game. My curiosity was why anybody would defend this game for $15 compared to some FPS shooters which are free and GIVE 90% more. I was trying to find out what criteria you judge a good FPS shooter? Is it longevity? Is it graphics? Is it because theres no other game that can compete with it at that price range? What?

Or is it because a certain few have to push this game no matter how bad it is?

We all know this has no longevity. When you describe it as a "filler game" "something to play for short periods" You're basically saying it has no longevity.

The Graphics are nothing special and we all no that.
Do you have the choice of playing other games that are free like FEAR COMBAT which gives you , dedicated servers, text chat, proper server display GUI, tourneys, Clan matches, rankings, over 300 dedicated servers,Kick, punch, shoot, etc, etc, etc, and so much more......Yes!
I have to wonder why anybody would defend this game. Using words like im having a "Blast" playing BLTD lol makes me wonder if they ever played a real FPS shooter before.

So when somebody says I downloaded FEAR COMBAT and there was only 20 players on spread over a bunch of servers, I have to show how stupid of a lie that was and wonder why they do that? Thats why I took a screen shot right away and posted it. So everybody can see what is going here. When people are doing things like that, im going to call it a scam.

You again? I'm still waiting on my answers to why the games bad, so far your just jumping on the bandwaggon trying to look good. Sorry mate, your acting like a kid. Common, waiting for you to list 3 proper reasons why the game is bad, 3, not hard, I can name 3 reasons why its good they are.

1. Weapon customisation is beyond any other shooter I've played.

2. HRV prevents camping = Good thing

3. Unlike modern FPS games like F.E.A.R you don't have to unload an entire clip to kill someone.

Jahkillian
07-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Have some rep mate, your 100% right.

What alot of people don't seem to understand is the fact Blacklights not trying to take on Call of Duty, BFBC2 or any of the mainstream shooters, most of what I see complaining (with the exception of the "can't join games in progress") are trivial things. The post above me complaining about ad's? I've seen far worse in more popular games.

You again? I'm still waiting on my answers to why the games bad, so far your just jumping on the bandwaggon trying to look good. Sorry mate, your acting like a kid. Common, waiting for you to list 3 proper reasons why the game is bad, 3, not hard, I can name 3 reasons why its good they are.

1. Weapon customization is beyond any other shooter I've played.

3. Unlike modern FPS games like F.E.A.R you don't have to unload an entire clip to kill someone.

You didn't answer my question?

What FPS shooter have you bought on steam , which you didn't like.
As I said before after reading most of your previous comments, you sound like a salesman. You liked every game on steam. I couldn't find one thread you started with any complaints. So the way I see it, you work for them, know them, or have some involvement with them to be so positive about every game you've ever played on steam.

Whats wrong with this ♥♥♥♥ game.

1. You can hardly get a game in. Unless you can wait for 30 minutes to play with 4 people , then its ok.

2. No server browser. No dedicated servers. Even if you manage to wait and get 8 players, if 1 leaves, no one can join mid game. If half your team leaves and the other team is still full, you have to play unbalanced for the rest of the game.

3. HACKERS! Because theres no dedicated servers, that means we have no server admins to kick or ban hackers.

4. No Punkbuster, VAC, or any hacker protection. In a month this game is going to have so many wallhacks and noclips it wont be funny.

5. WINDOWS LIVE! Do I even have to explain why this is bad? Come on man.

6. LAG. Only serious PC FPS gamers will care about this. The more players in the match the worse it is. The host has a SUPER advantage.

7. Weird blur, in the game. It makes me dizzy if I move the mouse to fast.

8. Settings are very limited: If I could tweak my video settings, I might be able to fix the lag, and blur.

9. No mods, SDK, updates, nothing.

10. No in game text... What other FPS MP doesn't have in game texting? LOL how can you organize the game without being able to communicate with everybody. "DON'T RAGE" in text for this game would do wonders.

11.Theres more, but lets get into my personal opinion side.

I don't know what level of standard or on what bases you grade your games, but I base it on other games. Thats it. The argument that its only 15 bucks doesn't fly with me when I play games like FEAR COMBAT in 3 hour burst. Sometimes all afternoon on Sunday. This game is completely free and offers everything. BLTD doesn't have.

So the other argument is game play. WOW? I could list every game from CS to COD4, must be about 50 games right there to chose from. That have as good or better game play.

So what other argument can you give why this is such a great game? It doesn't make any sense.

The few times I did manage to play a 5 minute match, everybody was hiding and spawn camping. Spawn camping was one of the reasons why i assume the players started leaving. The only thing new is the wallhack they implemented in the game. Its cheaper then just putting a minimap on the screen to see where people are.
Because of the lag , some players are instantly going to have a higher advantage.

The bottom line, is I was ripped off because i have higher standard in FPS PC gaming then you. Somebody thats use to driving Ferrari s aren't going to be happy driving a Neon. Sure the Neon was only a 1000 bucks but you can't call it a "BLAST" to drive or the Neon is "GREAT" to people that have been driving Ferrari s for the last 10 years. And then we also have other places giving away Neon 's for free. They even customize them and sup them up for ya. So I didn't have to buy that Neon, I could have went and signed up for a free sup up Neon.
I could have even bought a Old Ferrari for the same price.

That is why a lot of us are upset with this game.

Your 3 likes:

"1. Weapon customization is beyond any other shooter I've played."

I really don't see whats so big about the weapon customization. The reason why I don't care is because if you ever play a FPS competitively , like CEVO, CAL, or any tourney, they limit what perks and customizations you can use.

"2. HRV prevents camping = Good thing"

I'm not lying when I say, I haven't seen this much camping in FPS shooter. HRV makes it harder to punish the camper. When I played, not only was everybody camping, the winning team was the one spawn camping the most.

"3. Unlike modern FPS games like F.E.A.R you don't have to unload an entire clip to kill someone."

No disrespect dude but you must really suck. It doesn't take me a entire clip to kill somebody in FEAR Combat. 2 bullets to the head does it on default. The Euro servers I play on , it only takes one bullet to the head. HEAD SHOT!

I just want my 15 bucks back and I'll never come back to this forum again..lol

love2camp
07-22-2010, 12:34 PM
If you don't like the game, bugger off and play a different one?

I don't give a sh** if Fear is better, I like this game. $15 for a game where I can customize my guns is great. Especially when the gameplay is fun. If you don't think so, that is frankly your problem :o

And stop comparing it to CSS. If you're new or rusty you'll get headshot the first and every time you see anyone. CS was fun 8-10 years ago, now it's just annoying.

coprophagia
07-22-2010, 12:47 PM
HRV while I do think its a neat feature, it only encourages camping in the spawns instead...and along with that comes spawn killing because teammates spawn and then stay . Spawn killing / camping in the spawns = Bad thing
I've seen it already over and over time and time again.

Team balance?
Yeah I suppose its great if you enjoy being out numbered, or enjoy dominating a team that is under numbered. Either way it seems rather unsporting, unfair, and uncompetitive to me.

BroflMouth
07-22-2010, 12:53 PM

1. Weapon customisation is beyond any other shooter I've played.

1. Spawn camping is a problem, although it is possible to stop it because of the turret the isn't always useful.
2.Map design isn't very good, way too many camping spots in some maps.
3. Melee isn't very useful, it doesn't have really any sort of lunge, of course that is easy to overdo (Commando) at least a little push is appreciated in close combat.

Those are all gameplay related though, and as far as the gameplay go's it isn't a horrible game. I just hate it for the match making, when it is a hassle for me to GET to the gameplay part and within a matter of months the gameplay part won't even exist because of too little players, I just don't see the point in getting it. Feel free to enjoy the game, but do be aware that match making is a ticking time bomb on this game.

And stop comparing it to CSS. If you're new or rusty you'll get headshot the first and every time you see anyone. CS was fun 8-10 years ago, now it's just annoying.
You're saying CSS is crappy and telling him to stop complaining, irony. I know over 60 thousand people that would disagree with you. How many for TD 5 maybe 6 thousand at MOST?

Nitronumber9
07-22-2010, 01:25 PM

What FPS shooter have you bought on steam , which you didn't like.
As I said before after reading most of your previous comments, you sound like a salesman. You liked every game on steam. I couldn't find one thread you started with any complaints. So the way I see it, you work for them, know them, or have some involvement with them to be so positive about every game you've ever played on steam.

Once again your inability to remember something lets you down. If you remember twice I said

BF2 had some of the worst hit detection I've ever played with gave up on it after a week, it was also horribly optimized (I had better performance in Crysis)

TF2 I've never played but judging by the whole "We were banned for crafting at a certain time" debate, I wouldn't want to.

CSS has long been a seriously broken, buggy mess, its taken the OB update (Which most of the players hate for fixing the game) to make the game even remotly decent. A game that calls glitches in the game code "Pro" isn't worth it.

Now to name an FPS that was worse than BLTD and released in the last 3 years and why... Oh thats easy, I could say MW2 for its clear stepping up of the problems meantioned in MW1 above, I could say Unreal Tournament 3 due to some shear bad choices by Epic (weapon balence being off being one of them) but because I'm nice. I'll pick Painkiller Resurrection. Sure I loved Doom, loved Quake, Serious Sam and a few other shooters, but Painkiller Resurrection felt bland, dull and added nothing. Bad level design and just general dullness broke the game.

Now all those you can pick off Steam (Two are Valves games BTW who made steam and are exclusive to it.)

Whats wrong with this ♥♥♥♥ game.

1. You can hardly get a game in. Unless you can wait for 30 minutes to play with 4 people , then its ok.
Takes me and a number of people 5 minutes tops. Try playing later during the day (I'm guessing your from america from the post times.

2. No server browser. No dedicated servers. Even if you manage to wait and get 8 players, if 1 leaves, no one can join mid game. If half your team leaves and the other team is still full, you have to play unbalanced for the rest of the game.
I'll give you the lack of a server browser and the inabilitie to join mid game, but Dedicated servers? I would like to refer you to another post I made you seem to miss completly

First of all, Blame Activision. They have basicly killed the franchise after they forced Call of Duty onto consoles, just like Crysis will be. 2ndly what mistake is that? Oh the whole "Dedicated server" issue? I was glad it was going but then replace it with the even older Client server setup and not going Peer to Peer (look it up on Wikipedia, that will explain it) from there Activision got its money, sacked IW and walked off blaming them for the mistakes. Nice try Activision.
So while the game doesn't have dedicated servers (Which some news report said the PC edition will have, we will leave that as a draw untill its confirmed.

3. HACKERS! Because theres no dedicated servers, that means we have no server admins to kick or ban hackers.
Its a smaller game, its not as big as MW2 or Free like Fear, hackers grift big games like those, although no one has seen an anti hack doesn't mean thier isn't.

4. No Punkbuster, VAC, or any hacker protection. In a month this game is going to have so many wallhacks and noclips it wont be funny.
See above answer, BTW nice trick saying the same thing with different words.

I'll hold my hand up and say I detest it myself. Why? Because of the obveous frame rate drop with any games using it?

6. LAG. Only serious PC FPS gamers will care about this. The more players in the match the worse it is. The host has a SUPER advantage.
And that makes you a "serious PC gamer?" You can't even get past simple motion blur. (which Fear's bullet time features heavily) Although once again the lack of proper P2P and/or a proper server causes problems, but TBH most of the games I've been in are far less laggy than some games with servers.

Do you really call that an excuse? Its called motion blur, if I'm to be honest and nice, I say it needs a tad more in the game.

8. Settings are very limited: If I could tweak my video settings, I might be able to fix the lag, and blur.
Same with so many UT3 engine games, I hate the UT3 engine tbh, although for a PC gamer you don't know how to mod a config file?

Neither has F.E.A.R combat (ok it does but its crippled beyond use, thier was only one mod.

10. No in game text... What other FPS MP doesn't have in game texting? LOL how can you organize the game without being able to communicate with everybody. "DON'T RAGE" in text for this game would do wonders.

On the one hand I agree but on the other I can't believe how useful it is, no longer do I have to sit through reading some guy advertising some worthless clan or some guy typing in caps NOOB/HACKER/WHATEVER

I don't know what level of standard or on what bases you grade your games, but I base it on other games. Thats it. The argument that its only 15 bucks doesn't fly with me when I play games like FEAR COMBAT in 3 hour burst. Sometimes all afternoon on Sunday. This game is completely free and offers everything. BLTD doesn't have.

Oh what slow mo thats only ever on one server and its dead? I have played F.E.A.R combat for over 100 hours, I know how it works, Is it better than blacklight based on value? Of course its free VS money If I gave you the worst game in the world for nothing you would defend it by a mile. Fear and blacklight are miles different games though. Maybe you need to play a tactical shooter?

So the other argument is game play. WOW? I could list every game from CS to COD4, must be about 50 games right there to chose from. That have as good or better game play.

Call of Duty 4 as I said in another post (Seriously, get yourself checked out, dizzyness and memory loss are signs of problems) Is boring on softcore due to its reliance on Stopping power, CS is a game that promotes glitches as a pro element, thus not a good thing. Maybe reread through some of my posts to you, maybe you'll recall it.

So what other argument can you give why this is such a great game? It doesn't make any sense.

The few times I did manage to play a 5 minute match, everybody was hiding and spawn camping. Spawn camping was one of the reasons why i assume the players started leaving. The only thing new is the wallhack they implemented in the game. Its cheaper then just putting a minimap on the screen to see where people are.
Because of the lag , some players are instantly going to have a higher advantage.
Well who do you then blame? The game? Or the people playing it? Your given the HRV, if someone is spawn camping, it should be easy enough to take them out. Name one game that doesn't have spawn camping.

The bottom line, is I was ripped off because i have higher standard in FPS PC gaming then you. Somebody thats use to driving Ferrari s aren't going to be happy driving a Neon. Sure the Neon was only a 1000 bucks but you can't call it a "BLAST" to drive or the Neon is "GREAT" to people that have been driving Ferrari s for the last 10 years. And then we also have other places giving away Neon 's for free. They even customize them and sup them up for ya. So I didn't have to buy that Neon, I could have went and signed up for a free sup up Neon.
I could have even bought a Old Ferrari for the same price.
No actually, you feel ripped off because you don't like the game, NOT! Because its a bad game. You were after a fast paced FPS game like Cod4 or Fear, you got a tactical shooter and were no good at it, thus why your joining the hate mob with thier pitchforks. Thats why I love blacklight, its a tactical shooter, its not a game you can run around with a pair of pistols and takedown an entire room with nothing but a clip and body armor (Which I used to do in Fear)
Have you even played the game by the way? Alot of your complaints seem to be with the hate mob (with the exception of the Dizzyness, please do check yourself into a doctor, that doesn't sound right mate)

Your 3 likes:

"1. Weapon customization is beyond any other shooter I've played."

I really don't see whats so big about the weapon customization. The reason why I don't care is because if you ever play a FPS competitively , like CEVO, CAL, or any tourney, they limit what perks and customizations you can use.
In games like Cod4 and CSS they limit stuff because its overpowered. Blacklight the only thing I think that will be limited is shotguns due to thier ungodly range.

"2. HRV prevents camping = Good thing"

I'm not lying when I say, I haven't seen this much camping in FPS shooter. HRV makes it harder to punish the camper. When I played, not only was everybody camping, the winning team was the one spawn camping the most.
If the game makes you dizzy and you can't find a game, how can you tell me that happens? Every game I've been in so far in my time (With the exception of snipers) everyone was moving.

"3. Unlike modern FPS games like F.E.A.R you don't have to unload an entire clip to kill someone."

No disrespect dude but you must really suck. It doesn't take me a entire clip to kill somebody in FEAR Combat. 2 bullets to the head does it on default. The Euro servers I play on , it only takes one bullet to the head. HEAD SHOT!

I just want my 15 bucks back and I'll never come back to this forum again..lol
No disrespect either, but Fear can range from a few rounds to kill someone (Pistol used to be 4 at close to mid range) to entire clips depending on weapon, armor of the person your shooting and range your firing at, Cod4 would have been a better example I feel for you, on softcore that does require entire clips.

BTW on an off topic note, I know of an FPS game simular to blacklight thats free and I feel would suit you more, if you want a link/name of it, send me a PM and I'll hook you up. Its not your $15 but its at least something.

Jahkillian
07-22-2010, 02:17 PM
Once again your inability to remember something lets you down. If you remember twice I said

Now all those you can pick off Steam (Two are Valves games BTW who made steam and are exclusive to it.)

Takes me and a number of people 5 minutes tops. Try playing later during the day (I'm guessing your from america from the post times.

I'll give you the lack of a server browser and the inabilitie to join mid game, but Dedicated servers? I would like to refer you to another post I made you seem to miss completly

So while the game doesn't have dedicated servers (Which some news report said the PC edition will have, we will leave that as a draw untill its confirmed.

Its a smaller game, its not as big as MW2 or Free like Fear, hackers grift big games like those, although no one has seen an anti hack doesn't mean thier isn't.

See above answer, BTW nice trick saying the same thing with different words.

I'll hold my hand up and say I detest it myself. Why? Because of the obveous frame rate drop with any games using it?

And that makes you a "serious PC gamer?" You can't even get past simple motion blur. (which Fear's bullet time features heavily) Although once again the lack of proper P2P and/or a proper server causes problems, but TBH most of the games I've been in are far less laggy than some games with servers.

Do you really call that an excuse? Its called motion blur, if I'm to be honest and nice, I say it needs a tad more in the game.

Same with so many UT3 engine games, I hate the UT3 engine tbh, although for a PC gamer you don't know how to mod a config file?

Neither has F.E.A.R combat (ok it does but its crippled beyond use, thier was only one mod.

On the one hand I agree but on the other I can't believe how useful it is, no longer do I have to sit through reading some guy advertising some worthless clan or some guy typing in caps NOOB/HACKER/WHATEVER

Oh what slow mo thats only ever on one server and its dead? I have played F.E.A.R combat for over 100 hours, I know how it works, Is it better than blacklight based on value? Of course its free VS money If I gave you the worst game in the world for nothing you would defend it by a mile. Fear and blacklight are miles different games though. Maybe you need to play a tactical shooter?

Call of Duty 4 as I said in another post (Seriously, get yourself checked out, dizzyness and memory loss are signs of problems) Is boring on softcore due to its reliance on Stopping power, CS is a game that promotes glitches as a pro element, thus not a good thing. Maybe reread through some of my posts to you, maybe you'll recall it.

Well who do you then blame? The game? Or the people playing it? Your given the HRV, if someone is spawn camping, it should be easy enough to take them out. Name one game that doesn't have spawn camping.

No actually, you feel ripped off because you don't like the game, NOT! Because its a bad game. You were after a fast paced FPS game like Cod4 or Fear, you got a tactical shooter and were no good at it, thus why your joining the hate mob with thier pitchforks. Thats why I love blacklight, its a tactical shooter, its not a game you can run around with a pair of pistols and takedown an entire room with nothing but a clip and body armor (Which I used to do in Fear)
Have you even played the game by the way? Alot of your complaints seem to be with the hate mob (with the exception of the Dizzyness, please do check yourself into a doctor, that doesn't sound right mate)

In games like Cod4 and CSS they limit stuff because its overpowered. Blacklight the only thing I think that will be limited is shotguns due to thier ungodly range.

If the game makes you dizzy and you can't find a game, how can you tell me that happens? Every game I've been in so far in my time (With the exception of snipers) everyone was moving.

No disrespect either, but Fear can range from a few rounds to kill someone (Pistol used to be 4 at close to mid range) to entire clips depending on weapon, armor of the person your shooting and range your firing at, Cod4 would have been a better example I feel for you, on softcore that does require entire clips.

BTW on an off topic note, I know of an FPS game simular to blacklight thats free and I feel would suit you more, if you want a link/name of it, send me a PM and I'll hook you up. Its not your $15 but its at least something.

I can't even get through what you wrote because you either lie or just don't know.

FEAR COMBAT has many maps and mods. I was playing basket ball on FEAR last night. And the Star Wars mod.. lol

The only time anybody ever use Slow mo in Fear is in single player. No match in the world ever include slow mo. I've never seen in it in multiplayer.

The motion blur comment, isn;t in good games. Why would you want to be blinded more. Its comments like that which shows you've never played a competitive FPS shooter on pc . Tourney, Clan?

Your comment on CFG. File editing.. lol OMG is this in the COD4 or CSS league now. Why would I waste my time configuring a $15 or free game. I never did that for FEAR, they were smart enough to give you the options in the GUI.

Jahkillian
07-22-2010, 02:26 PM
"BTW on an off topic note, I know of an FPS game simular to blacklight thats free and I feel would suit you more, if you want a link/name of it, send me a PM and I'll hook you up. Its not your $15 but its at least something."'

Why don't you just post here???

BroflMouth
07-22-2010, 02:36 PM
That's not true, that is just a blatant LIE. People will target it, it runs on the UT3 engine so people that have written any hacks for UT3 games will be able to snap something up in a heart beat. And it doesn't have any anti-cheat software, it DOESN'T.

If you need Stopping Power in CoD 4 to kill someone you suck, no offense but it takes me about a quarter of my clip from a AR or SMG to kill someone without Stopping Power. It doesn't take an entire clip to kill someone, as you said in a previous post, and if you think it does than honestly you are very very very very very very very very very very bad a the game.

How does CSS promote glitches as a pro element? You mean AWP quickswitch? The AWP quickswitch has always been in CS in one form or another, CSS doesn't rely on glitch abusing to kill people. Once again if you need to use these "glitches" that you find to kill people you aren't good at the game.

Nitronumber9
07-22-2010, 03:24 PM
"BTW on an off topic note, I know of an FPS game simular to blacklight thats free and I feel would suit you more, if you want a link/name of it, send me a PM and I'll hook you up. Its not your $15 but its at least something."'

Because thats advertising and against the rules of the forum?

Now I've tried to explain so many times to you but you can't seem to grasp simple things. Fine, if you hate the game thats fine, but please for god sakes stop ranting on another game in a miles different style to Blacklight, people like blacklight, Live with it and kindly let others instead of preaching other games.

BTW, Crysis, Cod4, Cod6 and Fear all feature motion blur, so they are all bad games despite you promoting Fear combat at every turn?

And I never knew about the two Fear mods you meantioned, I know of Co op Warfare and the whatsemacallit mod that gives unlimited bullet time for singleplayer, I'm also guessing the slow mo TDM server I used to play on has gone down, shame, really fun gametype though, try it, just turn off motion blur though, its killer, also try editting the MPConfig file in the multiplayer folder, can't recall where it is though, been years since I played.

As for me playing competative, I would like to point out there is a huge collection of Config files (which you said you don't use or customize) For CSS and Cod4 and are often used in competative games.

BTW to the person who said cheats grift all games. I partly agree, but so far I haven't seen one thread on the VAC forums saying "OMG! I got banned from AVP, OMG I got banned from HL1 DM" Untill I see otherwise either way, I'm standing by my "Cheats grift popular games"

As for stopping power, lets say its a quarter of a clip without, its still 2 shots with stopping power, That's still way to many shots to be fair.

As for the glitching comment, I agree, glitchers have no talent if they glitch. And yet people do, its the same with the Stair glitch on Fear. As for CSS, there was a glitch with flashbangs and GPU's, Nvidia cards recovered from flashbangs faster than ATI cards, theirs a few other map glitches I can't recall.

BroflMouth
07-22-2010, 03:29 PM
BTW to the person who said cheats grift all games. I partly agree, but so far I haven't seen one thread on the VAC forums saying "OMG! I got banned from AVP, OMG I got banned from HL1 DM" Untill I see otherwise either way, I'm standing by my "Cheats grift popular games"

As for stopping power, lets say its a quarter of a clip without, its still 2 shots with stopping power, That's still way to many shots to be fair.

But those games have dedicated servers so Admins can be the anti-cheat and ban people.

I'm pretty sure Stopping Power increases damage by damage X 1.4, which isn't really outstandingly powerful. Stopping Power is just kind of the perk I used when I was a low level using guns that weren't powerful.

Jahkillian
07-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Because thats advertising and against the rules of the forum?

Now I've tried to explain so many times to you but you can't seem to grasp simple things. Fine, if you hate the game thats fine, but please for god sakes stop ranting on another game in a miles different style to Blacklight, people like blacklight, Live with it and kindly let others instead of preaching other games.

BTW, Crysis, Cod4, Cod6 and Fear all feature motion blur, so they are all bad games despite you promoting Fear combat at every turn?

And I never knew about the two Fear mods you meantioned, I know of Co op Warfare and the whatsemacallit mod that gives unlimited bullet time for singleplayer, I'm also guessing the slow mo TDM server I used to play on has gone down, shame, really fun gametype though, try it, just turn off motion blur though, its killer, also try editting the MPConfig file in the multiplayer folder, can't recall where it is though, been years since I played.

As for me playing competative, I would like to point out there is a huge collection of Config files (which you said you don't use or customize) For CSS and Cod4 and are often used in competative games.

As for the glitching comment, I agree, glitchers have no talent if they glitch. And yet people do, its the same with the Stair glitch on Fear. As for CSS, there was a glitch with flashbangs and GPU's, Nvidia cards recovered from flashbangs faster than ATI cards, theirs a few other map glitches I can't recall.

So your saying, you can't say'"might want to try the game ---------, you might like it."

You're throwing out game names like candy here , like everybody else.

Can you just post the name of the game here?

And its not motion blur. When your in a fire fight the screen goes blurry. But it also happens when you move the mouse. I do 360s in Fear and COD4 with no blurriness. So i have no idea what your talking about. I'll make a video later and post so everybody can see what Im talking about.

chEmicalbuRn
07-22-2010, 04:27 PM

i would like to see this game. im not being sarcastic, is there a decent crowd of ppl playing?

Nitronumber9
07-22-2010, 04:57 PM
i would like to see this game. im not being sarcastic, is there a decent crowd of ppl playing?

Were, quit when some guy called me a hacker for kicking him in so easily,

As for motion blur, let me explain the differences between those two games and Blacklight.

First of all, theres a variaty of motion blur based effects in both Fear and Cod4, for referance though I'm on about movement based blur.

First off all is movement blur, have a look at some video from Crysis here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jfJBC0VPNU&feature=related

Thats movement blur, as you move, the game blurs.

If you look at some footage from Cod4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjhLR6KiEzc
You will see theres no movement blur but thier is a slight blur when your hit as well as from guns.

So which one are you having problems with?

[Off Topic] The Xbox version of BlackLight gives you 50xp for headshots instead of 25xp, any idea why?

Alexc26
07-22-2010, 05:20 PM
I agree with OP :)

Jahkillian
07-22-2010, 06:58 PM
Were, quit when some guy called me a hacker for kicking him in so easily,

As for motion blur, let me explain the differences between those two games and Blacklight.

First of all, theres a variaty of motion blur based effects in both Fear and Cod4, for referance though I'm on about movement based blur.

First off all is movement blur, have a look at some video from Crysis here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jfJBC0VPNU&feature=related

Thats movement blur, as you move, the game blurs.

If you look at some footage from Cod4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjhLR6KiEzc
You will see theres no movement blur but thier is a slight blur when your hit as well as from guns.

So which one are you having problems with?

[Off Topic] The Xbox version of BlackLight gives you 50xp for headshots instead of 25xp, any idea why?

For somebody that has nothing to do with the game or Steam you sure act like it. Why don't you want to post the name of the game? You can easily say, "have you played----------? Thats not advertising. I don't need the link, just the name of the game.

And your video examples aren't even the games I was talking about. Show a video of Blacklight and then one of COD4 or Fear Combat comparing motion blur.

All the videos of Blacklight when in a fire fight gets very pixelated. So Im assuming its to simulate the weird computer style helmet view.

JazzyMusicK
07-22-2010, 07:10 PM
FEAR COMBAT doesn't rent or charge for anything? I've been playing it ever since it was released. The other games I really don't play, but I've heard plenty of people swear by those games.
And Hackers? If you're playing on a good server, with admins on sit, that hardly ever happens. When it does, a admin kicks/bans right away. HOW THEY HELL ARE THEY GOING TO DO THAT WITH THIS GAME?

There are a lot of negative aspects to dedi servers. Abusive admins, etc.

tunguska47
07-22-2010, 07:31 PM
Jahkillian u sound like u dont have a job 15 bucks is nothing and if u like fear so much why are u here all day posting and not playing fear right now

Dead3yez
07-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Jahkillian u sound like u dont have a job 15 bucks is nothing and if u like fear so much why are u here all day posting and not playing fear right now

Give me a refund. And, learn some grammar before coming on the internet. Unless of course you enjoy being perceived as a complete numbskull.

coprophagia
07-22-2010, 07:42 PM
There are a lot of negative aspects to dedi servers. Abusive admins, etc.

There are a lot of negative aspects to not having them.

Mainly tons of verbally abusive players and cheaters/hackers that get away with murder with no anticheat. I'll take a hand full of abusive admins over the other.

I hope its just a matter of time before someone comes up with something similar to MW2SA or Spotter for Sniper elite.

Mexicutioner
07-22-2010, 09:30 PM
I actually prefer Lead and Gold over BL:TD, atleast lead and gold has dedicated servers and content updates.

Madmanden
07-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Give me a refund. And, learn some grammar before coming on the internet. Unless of course you enjoy being perceived as a complete numbskull.

Youre the one sounding like a "numbskull" Seriously do you expect everyone on the internet to talk english natively and totally fluent. Some people are not from the US/UK and do not speak english natively...

loltill
07-23-2010, 12:19 AM
Youre the one sounding like a "numbskull" Seriously do you expect everyone on the internet to talk english natively and totally fluent. Some people are not from the US/UK and do not speak english natively...
This.

And I enjoy the game quite a bit as well. I dont experience lag too much, I find games within seconds, I had GFWL account anyways (why is everyone hating on it? it literally takes 1 min to create an account) and I dont mind paying 15 bucks for a game like this.

If 15$ hurt so much, get a freaking job, or dont spend it on a ♥♥♥♥ing MW2 mappack which contains 3 maps that everybody played already.

The only argument against this game that is valid is the join-in-progress one.

Now everybody STFU, go play your other more superior games instead of whining on here. If you ARE playing that game and still have time to come on here, get a job kiddies.

Nitronumber9
07-23-2010, 09:44 AM
Quite frankly, it was blacklight or I buy one of the map packs for the MW2 install on another steam account.

Glad I went with Blacklight now.

kornswag
07-23-2010, 10:11 AM
OP, not many people are going to agree with you.

I agree with the OP that its fun as hell to play with your buddies or even strangers. There are a few flaws, but whether they tune them out with a patch or not, I feel my 15 bucks was spent well..

And for anyone that doesn't agree with us, go troll another forum with your stupidity. There are far too many ♥♥♥♥♥♥bags on the steam forums, take a hike.

Daggettz
07-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Note to self. I really must stop my 13 year old having sessions on BLTD, he's making me look real bad. :eek:

fisk0
07-23-2010, 10:59 AM
I think this game looks rather interesting. Sure, it looks super-generic, but not quite as generic as COD4/MW2/BFBC2/MOH/SOF:Payback and every other FPS made since 2007.
I certainly think they should have gone farther with the futuristic look, less dull brown and grey and more cyberpunky neon colors and shades of blue.

I've read legitimate criticism of the game, like the control/keymapping issues, and of course the buggy matchmaking system, and of course a lot of stupid "OMG NO DEDICATED SERVERS AND GFWL THIS GAME IS THE WORST GAME EVER!!!!".

Yes, dedicated servers certainly couldn't hurt the game, but matchmaking isn't necessarily bad - but it seems the current implementation in this game doesn't quite work right. This isn't the first nor last game to use GfWL, I don't see how that could make this the worst game ever when several rather well recieved titles like COD:WAW, Bioshock 2, Red Faction Guerilla, GTA4, Section 8 and Fallout 3 all use the GfWL client.

I haven't bought the game yet, and will probably wait to see if it gets patched or at least goes on sale, but I just can't see why this game in particular gets such ridiculous amounts of hate.

kornswag
07-23-2010, 11:15 AM
I just can't see why this game in particular gets such ridiculous amounts of hate.

This game gets so much hate because people want to love it, but they let a few annoying features, like GFWL as you mentioned, get in the way of having a good time. Therefore people come to the forums to rant and rave about stupid things and how much they hate this WHOLE game because of a couple small things.

If they were turned off to the game and simply didn't like it, they would move on and not bother WASTING time on the forums whining, moaning, complaining, and hating. So in a sense, they love this game so much they must hate on it.

FubyDoo
07-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Would been a great game with dedicated servers.. it's what PC users are use to and get the better play without worry about host or pings. it's the norm and just cause a company uses an engine that can put out P2P quickly, is no reason we as gamers should accept it..

that said..I still love the game.. just hate waiting on a game to play it..sigh

http://justplaythegame.us

Jahkillian
07-23-2010, 05:58 PM
This.

And I enjoy the game quite a bit as well. I dont experience lag too much, I find games within seconds, I had GFWL account anyways (why is everyone hating on it? it literally takes 1 min to create an account) and I dont mind paying 15 bucks for a game like this.

If 15$ hurt so much, get a freaking job, or dont spend it on a ♥♥♥♥ing MW2 mappack which contains 3 maps that everybody played already.

The only argument against this game that is valid is the join-in-progress one.

Now everybody STFU, go play your other more superior games instead of whining on here. If you ARE playing that game and still have time to come on here, get a job kiddies.

i do enjoy this game quite a bit actually.
only gripe is the empty games... after like 3mins into the game its usually a 2v1 or something like that. because people just ragequit but new players cant join a session in progress.

Keep your story straight.

Scorr
07-23-2010, 06:03 PM
Daggetz, there is negativity because the game simply sucks. It is lacking so many features that make for an enjoyable game experience. You are one of the very few rubes who actually enjoy jumping through hoops just to get in a game.

Don't act like all the negativity is misplaced.....because it is not at all.

BroflMouth
07-23-2010, 07:19 PM
I agree with the OP that its fun as hell to play with your buddies or even strangers. There are a few flaws, but whether they tune them out with a patch or not, I feel my 15 bucks was spent well..

And for anyone that doesn't agree with us, go troll another forum with your stupidity. There are far too many ♥♥♥♥♥♥bags on the steam forums, take a hike.
As I said, not many people are agreeing with him.

Your second paragraph is a troll comment, saying that if people don't agree with you they are automatically trolls and you are right. There are some trolls here but a lot of people are just letting people know that match making will dramatically lower this games life span, because it will.

loltill
07-23-2010, 08:20 PM

Keep your story straight.

And your point is? You just proved that I am keeping my story straight, am complainig about join in progress in both quotes. did you even read the first one fully?

But hey, am proud of you, you found the quote button. Well done, here's a cookie.... :rolleyes:

Hatebreader
07-25-2010, 10:58 PM

1. Ive never had to wait more than a couple of min. It;s no worse than MW2.

2. It works fine the way it is but i do agree they need to add a join in process.

3. Never seen any hacker in the game. The community isn't big enough or have enough players. They have better games like MW2 to worry about.

4. 3 and 4 are the same thing.

5. who cares, come up with a better reason.

6. Ive never had a problem with it I think your trying to over exaggerate MW2 is much worse.

7. only a few people have this problem and its fixed by correctly adjusting your settings.

8. true but it doesn't have anything t do with game play and shouldn't be a deciding factor in buying or playing a game.

9. games only been out for a couple of weeks give it time.

10. I agree 100%

11. most of your complaints aren't valid they are just excuses you tried to think up or problems that you have. Im one of the people that enjoys the game as well as 4 of my friends. Its not the best game but its good for the price

oh and on free games has anyone played EXTEEL? great game and its free. I haven't played it in a long time but its worth checking out.

BroflMouth
07-26-2010, 12:40 AM
1. Ive never had to wait more than a couple of min. It;s no worse than MW2.

3. Never seen any hacker in the game. The community isn't big enough or have enough players. They have better games like MW2 to worry about.

6. Ive never had a problem with it I think your trying to over exaggerate MW2 is much worse.

1. It is worse than MW2, MW2 has more players so match making is easier. Based on player count, which decides whether or not match making will work, is on MW2's side. And I've never had a match making thing in MW2 take longer than 30 seconds, a few minutes is a gigantic change.

3. There is a aimbotter already up for this, once people realize there is no punishment for using it more will start using it. The hack will never need to be updated so there only needs to be 1 aimbot program to pollute the entire game.

6. As I said, MW2 is not worse. It is fact that you have much much much higher odds of finding a lag free game in MW2 than TD, no opinion or anything but fact that your chances are much higher.

Processor
07-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Quite frankly, it was blacklight or I buy one of the map packs for the MW2 install on another steam account.

Glad I went with Blacklight now.

Same here.

1. It is worse than MW2, MW2 has more players so match making is easier. Based on player count, which decides whether or not match making will work, is on MW2's side. And I've never had a match making thing in MW2 take longer than 30 seconds, a few minutes is a gigantic change.

3. There is a aimbotter already up for this, once people realize there is no punishment for using it more will start using it. The hack will never need to be updated so there only needs to be 1 aimbot program to pollute the entire game.

6. As I said, MW2 is not worse. It is fact that you have much much much higher odds of finding a lag free game in MW2 than TD, no opinion or anything but fact that your chances are much higher.

You forgot to mention that BTD is $15 and MW2 is a massively popular game for $60. Of course MW2 is better. But that's not to say that this game isn't enjoyable for $15, which I think it is.

Daggettz
09-02-2010, 06:35 AM
Hey all, I've been away from the BLTD community a little while and I've not played with the new patch yet so I'm very keen to see what differences (if any) it makes.

Also I was very saddened to come on here and find Jahkillian has been banned.

Sorry mate but your hate machine could only keep on rolling for so long. It's always a shame to lose a member of the community and he did make one or two valid points when I was last here. If only he'd stopped the constant dislike BLTD vendetta sooner.

Hope you are all well and will post any impressions of the patched version when I can.

Nitronumber9
09-02-2010, 07:45 AM
The LMG is a killable weapon now, the shotgun although its range is still a tad to long is a bit better. Apart from that its been slightly more tuned and a bit better paced.

The loss of Jahkillian will be missed. He never explained why he wanted a game with one gamemode, one map and one gun to me, I'll never know now.

SCAVENGER1
09-02-2010, 03:26 PM
i for 1 do enjoy the game a lot and trying to get other to get it. but as i have mention in other threads the reasons why other will not buy this game is 2 fold. but anyway this ia a good game to start out with and for $15 it isnt bad either.

i do hope they expand the black op's more so it will have more to play since some like me and my clan m8s we enjoy and that the ability to crank up the tango count will be there as well.

even though with the game set to insane i can only have the max of 116
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/SCAVENGER1/Blacklight%20Tango%20Down/BLTD2010-09-0211-34-15-17.png
just by my self so far and even with a partner i have not come close to that number yet.

but i do hope they will make the SDK available so that map makers can make some real good maps for the game. i know in my clan we have a few that made them for ravenshield. since we hosted our own coop server on a dedicated box.

but as it is known that once a game becomes good and well used the cheaters will want cheats for it. but cod/bf series games are at the top of the list and they get top dollar for the cheat for them.

i hate cheaters and cheat makers my self they should just cut there hands off when caught !! end of cheatin !! lol

MEANGUNS
09-02-2010, 04:17 PM
I've had this game for 3 days now and haven't played 1 match!

I really don't understand how you guys are gaming with this.

Can some one post a video on youtube or something, how to navigate through menu, right up to starting and playing a match?

This has been the most difficult game I've wanted to play and can't.

SCAVENGER1
09-02-2010, 09:40 PM
I've had this game for 3 days now and haven't played 1 match!

I really don't understand how you guys are gaming with this.

Can some one post a video on youtube or something, how to navigate through menu, right up to starting and playing a match?

This has been the most difficult game I've wanted to play and can't.

well this game does have a learning curve when it comes down to what is what and how to start it and how to set it up. i do have screen shots of what is what and a short video but it is not uploaded yet.

to get to mp/coop/sp screen
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/SCAVENGER1/Blacklight%20Tango%20Down/BLTD2010-09-0212-43-46-87.png

for mp only
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/SCAVENGER1/Blacklight%20Tango%20Down/BLTD2010-09-0212-43-49-98.png
mp mode
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/SCAVENGER1/Blacklight%20Tango%20Down/BLTD2010-09-0212-44-02-91.png
then click here to search for mp servers after you selected what type of mode you want
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/SCAVENGER1/Blacklight%20Tango%20Down/BLTD2010-09-0212-44-04-59.png

for coop/sp only
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/SCAVENGER1/Blacklight%20Tango%20Down/BLTD2010-09-0212-43-52-95.png

for gfx settings and key binds and other stuff
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/SCAVENGER1/Blacklight%20Tango%20Down/BLTD2010-09-0212-44-19-26.png

for gfx settings
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/SCAVENGER1/Blacklight%20Tango%20Down/BLTD2010-09-0212-44-27-42.png

or here is some what a video
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v482/SCAVENGER1/Blacklight%20Tango%20Down/?action=view&current=blacklighttangodownyoursetinandstuff.mp4

MEANGUNS
09-03-2010, 07:14 AM
1. FEAR COMBAT.... Its free just download it.
2. Combat Arms.... Its Free just download it.
3. Blackshot....... Its free just download it.
4. Wolfenstien..... Its free just go download it.

ALL THESE GAMES WERE RELEASED WITH DEDICATED SERVERS AND FREE.

Every one of those games are far better then this scam game Blacklight.
I understand some of you like it... ? I take that back, I can't understand why anybody would like this game, when they could play way better games for free?

I do have to admit Wolfenstien and Fear is pretty good games. You can join servers and they're free. I don't get what they're trying to do with this game.

If this game a beta test or something I can understand. But if this is the real game.. Damn?

SCAVENGER1
09-03-2010, 09:36 AM
I do have to admit Wolfenstien and Fear is pretty good games. You can join servers and they're free. I don't get what they're trying to do with this game.

If this game a beta test or something I can understand. But if this is the real game.. Damn?

but what the quoted games that are free are all so from games that have a long history as well. that is 1 thing the BAN poster failed to see or to grasp.

this is a brand new game and yes we should not have to pay for beta testing games but they are new at this. so they to have a learning curve as well and they have some good ideas that are good so far.

and should have done a beta test of this game to help out work the bugs out and get the ideas we are asking for now into the game before it was released . most game dev are doing this now releasing game while it is still in beta form and make us paying testers but they get paid for it not us

but they have not fully implemented yet such as a mp browser and a chat system those 2 are standard in all MP and coop games right now.

even though bfbc2 had problems with the chat system and there voip still doesnt work right yet lol and that EA for ya !!

but those free games where not all ways free either at 1 time you had to pay for them ;) like when you bought the full game it came with it.

i have both fear games but i didnt care for the mp it was my style. i prefer battlefield series for mp or the rainbow6 since i enjoy coop type games.

but my clan is into cod a lot so i have to get in to it as well lol i hated mw2 so i never got it since the sp was another 6 hr game !!

TheWoozler
09-03-2010, 09:41 AM
but those free games where not all ways free either at 1 time you had to pay for them ;) like when you bought the full game it came with it.

You're wrong about Wolfenstein. It was going to be a part of a retail game but it was scrapped and then released for free.

Blaclight still sucks.