PDA

View Full Version : Two questions for the players

jmplayer
07-21-2010, 10:09 PM
My map will have this idea that the players need to find a power switch so that they can power an elevator. The powerswitch is however randomized, so the players need to search for it. How is this idea?

Also, how long do you want the campaign to be? I am thinking about 10 minutes of gameplay on just running through the map without aliens.

Derpster
07-21-2010, 10:13 PM
I'd say about 10-20 minutes total with alien combat in it. That sounds about right. Could be shorter, but that's up to the modder.

Sorry to ask, but where's the second question? Oo

jmplayer
07-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Oh snap! I was actually wanting people to crit on my idea for searching a button. Guess I didn't make it a question.

Mortificus
07-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Having to search for a button to push with it being in a different spot would be amazing, man.

Derpster
07-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Varying spots would be great. Put them in locations where their defense abilities are different.

Vaskre
07-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Anything that helps make the game feel less linear is amazing.

P.S. Each map in the campaign should be 5 - 10 minutes with combat. The entire campaign should be an hour or less.

Jordizzle
07-21-2010, 10:33 PM
signed! if you can make this happen, you will be a legend among us :D New game mode!

Mortificus
07-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Anything that helps make the game feel less linear is amazing.

P.S. Each map in the campaign should be 5 - 10 minutes with combat. The entire campaign should be an hour or less.

off topic, but what about 3 map campaigns? should those still be 5-10 minute per? what be your thoughts on it?

johncraven
07-21-2010, 10:39 PM
i would love to see a map where the team is forced to split up (maybe only for one part of the map)... like in pairs of 2 or something, because all the maps now have the whole team stick together.

like say you put a time limit to find the switch, but the time is too short if you search as a single group, so you would have to split up to find it faster.

maybe the map would have 2 branches, and you wouldn't know whether the switch is at teh end of which branch. so then you have to decide whether you split up to search both branches at the same time, or you search one at the time.

TMlord95
07-21-2010, 10:50 PM
Ideas-

Highroad/Lowroad : two paths near the beginning of the map. They both lead to the finale, one is quicker with more resistance, the other is easier but takes longer
Scavenge : Short elevator ride, followed by a egg hunt, and a ride back up the elevator.
Labyrinth : Randomly generated maze ala the graveyard from L4D2

Mistah25K
07-21-2010, 10:51 PM
Love the random button thing. Each map should be maybe 10-15 imo