PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Error after installing Counter Strike: Source

tom1597530
07-22-2010, 10:38 AM
SOLVED

I have bought Counter Strike: Source DVD today and installed it. After that Steam started to load (I have 3 games already installed in Steam). Then it was saying :"Connecting to user" or something like that, and after a while an error message showed: FATAL ERROR: FAILED TO LOAD PLATFORM MODULES. Then I closed that message and searched here. I went to the regedit, found Language and the english has already been there. Then I restarted the Steam, BUT when I double-clicked the CS Source icon, nothing happened. I clicked it atleast hundred times, but nothing happened. I reinstalled the game, but the same things were happening. Fatal error and then nothing. When I am in the Steam there is the Counter Strike Source in my library, but it's orange color, and when I click on it, only thing that it allows to me, is to buy it. I need a reply til tomorrow, because I will have to bring it back to store tomorrow. All other games I have in Steam work fine.

Where is the problem? Please help me. :confused::confused::confused:

hisham.albeik
07-22-2010, 11:15 AM
Did you activate the game in steam?

tom1597530
07-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Did you activate the game in steam? No. But I didn't see anywhere something like Activation

hisham.albeik
07-22-2010, 11:26 AM
At the bottom of the Steam window, there is "+Add a Game" click on it then click Activate a product on steam.

After activation, you'll download the latest update from steam servers. If you're having problems with the download, ask here, or check the support page.

tom1597530
07-22-2010, 11:28 AM
At the bottom of the Steam window, there is "+Add a Game" click on it then click Activate a product on steam.

After activation, you'll download the latest update from steam servers. If you're having problems with the download, ask here, or check the support page.

OK, I will try that out and then let you know. Thanks :)

tom1597530
07-22-2010, 11:52 AM
It seems that it works :D Wow, man I love you :D. It is still downloading those updates. So I will see if it works :) Thank you very much

tom1597530
07-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Ehm, I have a question... When I activated the game and when it started downloading the updates, it started from 50%, it's working about an hour - two hours and it's 70% completed now. Is everything OK?