PDA

View Full Version : Comic-Con Sale: SBCG4AP for $4.95

TJF588
07-22-2010, 02:16 PM
http://www.telltalegames.com/store/sbcg4ap

There are also sales on all three Sam & Max seasons and Puzzle Agent, as well as on some swag.

Bagel CB
07-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Is this game fun? Worth it?

flibitijibibo
07-22-2010, 03:46 PM
The DVD version of this game includes SecuROM. Does anyone know if this exists on the Steam version as well? The usual DRM thread has no clue and Google yields nothing concrete.

EDIT: Aaaand it doesn't! See post #8 in this thread.

TJF588
07-22-2010, 05:54 PM
http://www.telltalegames.com/support/

From the "Unlocking Downloadable Games" section:
How do I unlock a downloadable game?
When you launch the game, the first screen you see prompts you for a username and password. These are the same username and password you use to log into our website. Just enter them, and you should be all set!

I'm trying to unlock a game, and entering my username and password didn't work. Now what?
Start by clicking "No thanks, just take me to the demo" to bypass the login screen. Then click the "Already Paid" button and go to the Serial Number tab. Try entering your serial number (it's stored in your Telltale account, and also contained in the email confirmation you received when you bought the game).

If entering your serial number also doesn't work, it's probably because your computer isn't able to communicate with our activation server. This could be due to a temporary server problem, or it could be due to interference from a firewall or other security software on your computer or network. If this happens, the easiest thing to do is to unlock the game manually instead. Simply go to the Manual Unlock tab and follow the instructions.

Is there a limit on how many times I can download or unlock a game I bought?
You can download the game as many times as you want. There is a limit on the number of times you can unlock, but the limit is so high you'll probably never encounter it. (The limit is simply there to prevent serial numbers from being posted to the web where hundreds or thousands of people can access it.) On the rare chance that you do use up your game activations, just email our friendly support staff and we'll be happy to increase it for you.

Do I need to be connected to the internet to play a downloadable game?
Once you have downloaded and installed the game, an internet connection is only needed the first time you run it, so you can unlock it. Once a game has been unlocked, you don't need to be connected to the internet to play it.

I don't know if Steam uses these same methods, but I'd imagine it's about the same 'thing' between the two: Steam would need to be running, and would at least have to be online to download the game, if not to activate it for your account.

flibitijibibo
07-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Right, but does the game have the SecuROM files at all (even for activation)? Even during good sales I'm never in the mood to buy malware.

spacebug
07-22-2010, 06:35 PM
I just bought it...if you can tell me what I'm looking for, I may be able to answer the question...

Psamathos
07-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Steam version has no SecuROM, no activations, beyond the Steam Login.

flibitijibibo
07-22-2010, 11:28 PM
I just bought it...if you can tell me what I'm looking for, I may be able to answer the question...

https://support.securom.com/diagtool.html

It should tell you if the game has any ties to SecuROM on your machine.

EDIT: Without a thought for my own safety, I've purchased the game upon /v/ telling me the detection tool marked it as clean. I'll update this thread with the official SecuROM status.

DOUBLE EDIT: Talk about the scariest SecuROM scan ever. I am very pleased to say that SBCG4AP does NOT include SecuROM, even in inert form. My Steam account continues to live its malware-free life. :D

Rogersdead
07-23-2010, 05:02 AM
Thought i'd check out the forum to see what the games are like. But as usual the talking point is just whether it has DRM or not :(

in.meinem.turm.
07-23-2010, 09:05 AM
the Steamversions of the game has no additional DRM.