PDA

View Full Version : game endings *spoilers*

dopey420
07-23-2010, 12:47 AM
***i dont know how to do the blackout thingy where ppl cant read what I write but I will warn that what I am writing will definitly contain some sort of spoiler aspect. If you dont want anything revealed to you about the game then PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS THREAD.

I noticed there is many ways to end the game. I saved when I was turgor and tested out all the endings I could think of using the give colour command to fill each of the sisters hearts to bursting and drawing breakthrough on them.
I never really figured out what was the "right" ending tho.
i did breakthrough on myself
i did breakthrough on all the sisters
i even brought namless sister back and did breakthrough on her aswell. all of wich give little videos that dont really explain clearly what the hell happens to the hero. or the sisters. its more of metaphore that I dont understand but get the feeling that I didnt end the game right.
anyone have any insight as to what is the "best" way to end the game? or maybe there is still a different way that IM not sure of? for example who is that shadowy feminine angel figure that you find yourself chasing through what apears to be a regular city?
it happens a couple times. and i distinctly remember one of the times I ended up losing her all together and the screen washed red and i was back in the void.
and also, the colour you use in the game most, does it effect the endings? like if you fill the azure meter will that be different then if u fill the silver meter etc??
Another thing i just want to mention, and this is a little off topic, is that I love when the colour talks. even though the voice is the same for all colours. its as if the coulour is an entity in itself and its just using you to get out of the void (sleeper). its kinda mysterious and gives an added demention that in my opinion sends this game over the top. its really cool:D
The whole game is so vague in its explinations of everything I feel as if I never understand it in its entirety. hopefully im not the only one who feels like this. but i will say that it leaves me wanting more. If anyone knows any more information that could fill me in the please share. Ive already beat the game a buncha times in different ways and I cant think of what else to do.

andrew_von
07-30-2010, 11:36 AM
anyone have any insight as to what is the "best" way to end the game?The game is extremely metaphorical. I mean, this very question is almost the same to «what is the “best” way to create a piece of art?» It is all about your own choice. You may even think that the best way is to stay in the Void in the end. It’s up to you.or maybe there is still a different way that IM not sure of?There is not. If you completed breakthrough, you’ve won the game. If you didn’t do it willingly, you’ve won the game.for example who is that shadowy feminine angel figure that you find yourself chasing through what apears to be a regular city?It’s one of metaphors out there. The game is full of them. You can say that the whole game is one big metaphor itself. Just use your imagination, it is all that «The Void» is about. For example, you can imagine this figure as a soul lost in its own Void, just like the one you play as, but at the same time — very different. Or you can imagine it as a human, who is looking for something to fill the emptiness (the Void?) inside. There is no definite answer. There can’t be. And if there was, the whole concept of «the Void» would be ruined.and also, the colour you use in the game most, does it effect the endings? like if you fill the azure meter will that be different then if u fill the silver meter etc??I think it’s the sparks around the hero representing the most used colours, like the soul you’re playing as in the end got its favourite colours like Sisters.
The colours are meant to affect the gameplay, not the ending.The whole game is so vague in its explinations of everything I feel as if I never understand it in its entirety. hopefully im not the only one who feels like this. but i will say that it leaves me wanting more.It was even more vague in its original Russian version. It went through a lot of simplification before it was released in English: full tutorial section, actual plot and a lot of explanations were added, and, obviously a lot of mysterious elements were removed. For example, in original version you didn’t have any idea about what the Void is. (Though I like re-worked version more than original.) But, as I said, the game is very artistic and metaphorical: some part of it is not meant to be understood, but to be imagined or even felt somehow.

dopey420
07-31-2010, 12:33 AM
Hey LXR,

around the beginning of the 16th cycle, what does ole mean when she says "the time has passed and cannot be reversed. there will be no miricle."

did i not get to her in time?

andrew_von
07-31-2010, 01:57 AM
AFAIK, she always says that.

dopey420
07-31-2010, 10:19 AM
AFAIK?
srry, im not familliar with that lol.

maybe ur right. but im gunna use the give color cheat and try to get to ole b4 the 16 cycle anyway jus to see. ill let u kno what i find out if anything.

andrew_von
07-31-2010, 05:48 PM
AFAIK==As far as I know.
When I played «The Void» a week ago, Ole said the same thing by 16th cycle, but I’m pretty sure that she had at least one heart opened by that time. Or two, I don’t remember well.