PDA

View Full Version : Quick question before I buy.

dokvald
07-24-2010, 04:25 AM
Hi I want to know before i go spend $60 on this game if i can customize the control layout in every way. I do mean every way such as putting any action I want on the mouse (left/right click, thumb button wheel up/down, wheel button). I was born with only one hand (polands syndrome) and have been gaming for a long time but conventional control setups have always been a problem. so before I buy the game i'd like someone who owns it to check this for me.
Actions that would need to be on the mouse include jumping, sprinting, crouching, transforming, melee atk (if it's like MW2 melee atking if not and it's a held wep it won't matter) and or any other key game play actions. movement,weapon select, firing type, and so on can be keyboard based. ty vm

OmniNept
07-24-2010, 04:34 AM
You can't within the game, but there's a third-party workaround. On the plus side, the game costs only $40 for PC.

dokvald
07-24-2010, 04:47 AM
Wanna elaborate on "third-party workaround"?

OmniNept
07-24-2010, 12:20 PM
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1319047

United_Strafes
07-24-2010, 03:34 PM
well I assume that since you have the one hand and play games you also have an uber mouse with alot of buttons? Your software for your mouse should let you program the mouse keys to emulate whatever buttons you wish, usually called a gaming toggle where you hold down the mouse button for a few secs and hit the keyboard key you want it to copy...hope this helps.

dokvald
07-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Well ok My razer deathadder i have has it's own program that is suppose to let me do what i need to do. however for the past who knows how long it hasn't worked as i needed it to. however i just spent some time fiddling with it and it now seems to work. thanks for the help tho