PDA

View Full Version : Game doesn't start, missing dlls?

Master_edd
07-25-2010, 05:07 AM
Hi
I just finished downloading Mirror's Edge, but when I tried to start, nothing happened.
(There was this small grey box "Mirror's Edge is starting" or something like that) but then it disappeared and nothing else happened.
So I tried to start it manually from the folder, but then there was an error:
"The program could not be startet, because wxmsw28u_adv_vc_custom.dll is missing."
I think that's the point. But I couldn't find the .dll via Google, there were only some spyware-sites or some bad virus-scan-softwares that I don't want to download of course.
Does anyone else have this problem or could you send me a link to download this dll?
Would be really helpful :(

D3t_
07-25-2010, 07:25 AM
Hi
I just finished downloading Mirror's Edge, but when I tried to start, nothing happened.
(There was this small grey box "Mirror's Edge is starting" or something like that) but then it disappeared and nothing else happened.
So I tried to start it manually from the folder, but then there was an error:
"The program could not be startet, because wxmsw28u_adv_vc_custom.dll is missing."
I think that's the point. But I couldn't find the .dll via Google, there were only some spyware-sites or some bad virus-scan-softwares that I don't want to download of course.
Does anyone else have this problem or could you send me a link to download this dll?
Would be really helpful :(

Right click on mirrors edge in steam library> properties> local files > verify integrity of game cache.

...If that doesnt work try to update your nvidia physx (if you are using nvidia graphic card) for a lot of people updating physx solves mirrors edge random crashing.
\gl.

Master_edd
07-26-2010, 05:08 AM
Thank you! That really helped, now it's working :)
(I also had to change the screen resolution in TDEngine, but after that everything was fine).
Thank you very much :)

D3t_
07-27-2010, 09:40 AM
Thank you! That really helped, now it's working :)
(I also had to change the screen resolution in TDEngine, but after that everything was fine).
Thank you very much :)

Your welcome! glad to help :)

HDUhl1
08-19-2010, 10:55 PM
I have the same issue. I did verification of cache and i think the driver update is the issue. however whenever I attempt to DL the update, it fails to install near the end for some reason.

found correct file. problem solved.