PDA

View Full Version : Bug: No watchtowers in ceded provinces?

Martin The Mess
07-25-2010, 11:55 AM
All right, I've taken to building extensive networks of watchtowers along my borders and even within my larger provinces to keep an eye out for rebels and invaders, but I've apparently found a bug in the game. This seems to affect both Rome Total War and Medieval II total war.

The last couple of times I got another faction to cede a province to me in negotiations (usually in exchange for a ceasefire), I have been unable to build watchtowers in that province. I've got plenty of money, two different family members running around trying to build them, but no matter where I try to build a watchtower, the "build a tower or fort" button remains stubbornly greyed out and unusable. Even forts can't be built, which I should be able to build almost anywhere. There can't possibly be THAT many foreign spies running around invisibly preventing my troops from building next to them, can there?

Col. Hamilton
07-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Could be a flood plain, according to this post http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/rometotalwar/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-46012310&pid=589390, it may or may not be a glitch.

Unfortunately they dished out the last RTW patch in 06' or 07', and im not sure what the console command is because I dont pause/console at all.

Aside from rebels or other nations walking onto a watchtower, you really should have those towers - When you move through the territory, is it like you are moving through enemy territory? If it is, then you definitely found a glitch.

Martin The Mess
07-25-2010, 09:26 PM
I can see a flood wiping out existing watchtowers or preventing new construction for a turn or two, but even four or five turns later with no noticable flooding....still no watchtowers or forts.