PDA

View Full Version : Is Arma 2 good yet?

chi11um
07-26-2010, 05:04 AM
I bought it on release, played a bit of both single and multiplayer, but gave up due to the bugs, instability and that thing were the CPU maxed out and slowed everything down.

Is all that stuff fixed yet?

specterm
07-26-2010, 06:15 AM
If your system sux. the game sux.

If you you have a good system you still NEED to understand the game is a simulation. Not a run and gun game.

There is much more to arma2 than getting kills.

And remember this. what you think may be bugs, is not neccessarily the game. because Everyone edits their own missions. So in otherwords.

someone with little experience could make it so your tanks dissapear half way through a lift. Not mentioning any names... ah hem.. [clears throught]

problem was. the vehicle respawn script i was using was set to have the vehicle respawn after 60 seconds of not in use. when lifted in the air it was classified as not in use and would dissapear while in transit. lol. easy fix.

so does it suck? depends what you want out of your game.

stop by our TS and chat.
www.UnitedGamingFederation.NET

b00tsy
07-26-2010, 07:04 AM
If you have the game then why not just play it again and see for yourself?

Col. Hamilton
07-26-2010, 09:02 AM
I bought it on release, played a bit of both single and multiplayer, but gave up due to the bugs, instability and that thing were the CPU maxed out and slowed everything down.

Is all that stuff fixed yet?

Oh yeah, a lot of improvements. I am still having some issues with my ATI card, but overall the game is very fast and probably hardly any bugs (a few).

Pathfinding seems a bit better, but still frustrating if you are commanding units.

Overall the game is much faster then it was on release, which is a major plus.

Col. Hamilton
07-26-2010, 09:05 AM
If your system sux. the game sux.

If you you have a good system you still NEED to understand the game is a simulation. Not a run and gun game.

There is much more to arma2 than getting kills.

And remember this. what you think may be bugs, is not neccessarily the game. because Everyone edits their own missions. So in otherwords.

someone with little experience could make it so your tanks dissapear half way through a lift. Not mentioning any names... ah hem.. [clears throught]

problem was. the vehicle respawn script i was using was set to have the vehicle respawn after 60 seconds of not in use. when lifted in the air it was classified as not in use and would dissapear while in transit. lol. easy fix.

so does it suck? depends what you want out of your game.

stop by our TS and chat.
www.UnitedGamingFederation.NET

Sorry, but I just have to ask - which lift copter are you using to transport tanks?

If you have the game then why not just play it again and see for yourself?

Well, its a 12gb download or thereabouts, and that may be a bit pushing it if it hadnt been improved. However its been improved substantially, why dont you just say that?

Ghostmane
07-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Default AI still gives me the ♥♥♥♥s. Either their too dumb, or borderline unrealisticly good. Rarely do they act believably or intelligently. Sucks, because otherwise the game is flawless.

Mgp
07-26-2010, 06:48 PM
yeh AI is the big challenge across the board. When in game npc's can decide what to do and communicate for themselves, and the human voice can be generated by computers to sounds real we will be fine. :)