PDA

View Full Version : Hearts of Iron III and Semper Fi

Attack Rhino
07-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Hey guys. I own HoI III (on Steam of course), and I will want to then own the Semper Fi expansion pack. As it was released earlier this month by VP (http://www.vpltd.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_66&products_id=257), I am assuming it will be released for Steam too. A few days ago, someone on another forum told me you can launch HoI without Steam open, so that made me think (hypothetically) would I need to own Semper Fi on Steam, or not?

Thanks, in advance.

Agent_Who
07-29-2010, 09:28 PM
No, you don't need to own a Steam copy of Semper Fi to run it with your Steam copy of Hearts of Iron III. The version of HoI3 sold through Steam is completely identical to the copies sold through Deliver2Mac (VP's digital store). You can find the game in ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/hearts of iron 3.

Attack Rhino
07-30-2010, 12:17 AM
No, you don't need to own a Steam copy of Semper Fi to run it with your Steam copy of Hearts of Iron III. The version of HoI3 sold through Steam is completely identical to the copies sold through Deliver2Mac (VP's digital store). You can find the game in ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/hearts of iron 3.

I knew that one could launch HoI III without Steam, but I was not sure about everything else. Thanks!