PDA

View Full Version : Red Alert 3 Map-Editor

Dave_it
07-30-2010, 11:39 AM
I read, that there was an update with bugfixes and a Map-Editor some time ago. How can I use the Map-Editor? I don't find any option in the game and if I try to download the map-editor it always tells me, that I don't have a copy of RA3....stuipid steam:mad:

italian88
07-30-2010, 12:28 PM
map editors (unless you have experience) are extremely complicated and take alot of patience, time, and effort to make a decent to good map and always find a manual to it and read all of it before doing anything extensive to the map. Also play around with things to get a feel for the software. I have in the past played around with worldbuilder for the older and less appreciated c&c Generals series and it can get pretty tiresome and irritating if you dont know alot about those programs. What i'm trying to say is if you are really into making a map with a map editing program or software then prepare yourself for a long time of patience and irritation. Other than that its not worth it. But if you do good luck and have fun im sure you can make some maps.

Dave_it
07-30-2010, 12:46 PM
not helpful and not the question.

Every halfway good strategy-game has a worldeditor and normally it's not too hard to use(AoE, Anno, C&C,Civilazation,....)

But the question is: how can i use the red alert 3 mapbuilder with this ♥♥♥♥ing steam version!

italian88
07-30-2010, 02:13 PM
you probably cant i dont know. But thanks for being an ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ (:

motrin
07-31-2010, 11:43 AM
he asked how he could use the world builder and all you (italian88) did was give a lecture. You'l never get any rep that way.

@Dave_it; You know, i think i remember seeing a link from the EA website to download and install the world builder separately. So if the retail version requires you to download and install, im guessing it will work with the steam version.

heres the link to the Red Alert download from the official website (http://portal.commandandconquer.com/portal/site/redalert/downloads/).

You, might like the Red Alert 3 Multiplayer Map Generator. As well.

italian88
07-31-2010, 02:32 PM
That wasnt a lecture it was advice (there is a difference, look it up) and my bad i misunderstood the question. Just trying to help. And i really dont care about that rep crap anyways.

Dave_it
08-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks motrin! It actually worked with the link you gave me!
And the mp-Map generator is really good, also!
Strange it didn't work with the first world-builder I tried...

@ italien88: I already reported your posts, but noone seems to care, so: stop molesting people, who REALLY help others and continue f*cking your sister/mother/dog.

italian88
08-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Wow man. That was so mature of you. That sounds like something my five year old brother would say, oh wait, he does say it!