PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3's language problem

v@.Li.um
07-31-2010, 07:06 AM
I have Doom 3 & RoE intalled on my Steam account. While Doom 3 is localized, RoE isn't (which I think it actually is on the retail version, but anyway) and for some reaons that seems to cause a conflict between the two games.

If I set Doom 3 to spanish, next time I log in into my account, RoE will download some files and change my Doom 3's language back to english. Even if in Steam it is set to spanish.

My game configuration gets reseted during the process, which is annoying.

Is there any way to stop this from happening? One solution I thought was uninstalling RoE, but I'd rather not. Or having a translated version of RoE, but that's up to Steam.

Anyone else is having this problem?

Grue12
08-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Did you set RoE language to Spanish in game properties /right-click on RoE/?

kusonoide
08-14-2010, 02:33 AM
A mi me ocurrio lo mismo, he hice lo siguiente:

1. Puse el idioma (pulsando boton derecho en el juego) en ingles.
(al intentar ejecutarlo me dice que no esta disponible)
2. Volví a ponerlo en Español, y descargó el idioma.
3. Despues de eso, ya funciona bien.

Nota: El DooM3 esta en español, pero la expansion solo esta disponible en ingles... ¿que chapuza es esa? Yo he jugado a la expansion (cuando salio) y estaba doblada al perfecto castellano. El tema de los idiomas ya me ha ocurrido con varios juegos de Steam, como las expansiones de Half Life o los Max Payne, que estan traducidos al perfecto castellano, tanto voces como textos en sus formatos originales, pero luego no es así en su version Steam. Esto es algo que o entiendo...

---------

I was the same problem, i was made that:

1. Select languaje to English (pushing right button on the game name). The game crashes when try to run.
2. Select then Spanish languaje, and Steam download the Spanish languaje pack.
3. Now run in perfect Spanish.

NOTE: The DooM3 is in Spanish, but his expansion is avaliable only in English... ¿Why that? I was played the expansion when it was new, and was in perfect spanish.
I see that problem with the languajes in another games of Steam, like the expansions of Half Life or the Max Payne games. That games in the original format was in perfect Spanish (voices and texts), but in the Steam version are only in English. I can´t understand that..

ERADEEJAY
08-17-2010, 02:06 AM
Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil sólo en inglés? SOLUCIÓN AQUÍ----Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil only in English? SOLUTION HERE (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1279987)