PDA

View Full Version : Awesome game

Amander
07-31-2010, 08:24 AM
Just played through it. Absolutely cool game.

AnubisArc999
07-31-2010, 08:31 PM
Indeed it is. Thanks also for taking a moment to actually post that you like the game so much on the forums.

Since, the game was developed by basically just 1 person, who visits this forum still, I am sure he will really appreciate reading the comments people like you and I leave here.

I am a huge fan of the game myself and can't wait until Tank Universal 2 comes out.

Gelblitze
08-01-2010, 12:51 AM
I love that game!

I was really impressed how cool and different the missions were. Many other dev(s) would have given you sligthly modified variation of a skirmish match, but what you got here is really amazing.

The only thing that disappoints me: Why is taking TU2 so long?! ;)

TU2 will be an instant buy for for me.

I have also nothing against a small AddOn-Campaign-DLC for the first game. :D

Madjack66
08-01-2010, 04:02 PM
I am sure he will really appreciate reading the comments people like you and I leave here. Thank you and very true.

The only thing that disappoints me: Why is taking TU2 so long?! I suspect you're pulling my leg, but arrghhh!!;-)
Seriously though, developing even a small game is a lot of work and unfortunately, I can't work on TU2 fulltime. In other words, bloody work gets in the way.

Amander
08-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Speaking about TU2: Let me replay missions. I don't mean this loading the state from back then. I mean a real replay, just take my tank from now and put it in a past mission. May sound like too easy, but this just opens new possibilities, new toys to test on old situations. This creates way more replayability and you don't have to save the exact state at each mission, just the current state and the missions unlocked.

Madjack66
08-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Amander

Understood.

From memory you can do that in TU1 by loading a level with the desired powerups installed, then bringing up the console <tilde key> and typing 'warp xx' <where xx is level 01 to 19>.

Not the same as having a proper feature programmed though...

AnubisArc999
08-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Well, with the skirmish/mission/level editor that Tank Universal 2 will have, I think it will add virtually unlimited life to the game, IMO.

Amander
08-05-2010, 01:15 AM
Amander

Understood.

From memory you can do that in TU1 by loading a level with the desired powerups installed, then bringing up the console <tilde key> and typing 'warp xx' <where xx is level 01 to 19>.

Not the same as having a proper feature programmed though...Yeah, I know, read on the forum. An yeah, it's not the same. It somehow does feel cheesy to use console commands to get achievements, less cheesy than clicking on the menu.