PDA

View Full Version : I messed with the FoxEngine.ini

Pepper26
08-02-2010, 04:54 PM
All i thought i did was disable distortion and a few other blurs and things, but now i can't see my HUD and red text shows "LIGHTING NEEDS TO BE REBUILT" and when in dark areas, it's literally pitch black unless i shoot. I can't even see the ingame ads, it's just too dark. outside is pretty dimmed too, even with max brightness. It's still playable, I'm almost done redownloading, but it doesnt seem like it redownloaded, or even modified the foxengine.ini file back to defaults. I may have tried to play with a few of the lighting features turned off (lightmapping and others) but then everything was black, and almost invisible sans bright areas (Think emissive glow textures were the only parts really showing). i turned it back on now, but it might have ♥♥♥♥ed something up in the game.

Vescarea
08-02-2010, 05:11 PM
i did same with mouse tweak thing, delete the folder the FoxEngine.ini is in and validate and then restart game that should fix it what i did. hope this helps

Pepper26
08-02-2010, 05:27 PM
great idea, but i guess i must have really ♥♥♥♥ed it up. i took a screenshot to show, this is after trying your suggestion.

http://filebox.me/files/8r3r9ce1h_LIGHTNIN.png

The hud is visible now though!

Edit: fixed, just had to load a different map. lol.

HoverBacon101
08-03-2010, 10:52 AM
If you just delete the foxengine.ini then run the game it will replace it with a default version.

Pepper26
08-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Yes, i did that, if you checked the earlier posts, it did not work. what did work was restarting the game and playing a different black ops mission, then going back to the original map/mission.